Western Union

Western Union (page 5 of 10)

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Robert M.
Robert M.South East Queensland, QLD

A total scam

I'm trying to do business in philippines and they just keep blocking my transactions for no good reason lying about everything and taking forever to refund my money. Biggest time wasters I've ever had to deal with

Why I can’t send online money to Jamaica from Canada Online

January 13th I downloaded your Western mobile App
I signed up I start enrolling now I start to send money from Canada to Jamaica
I use my passport as my identification
I put in my credit card information and everything was completed
I got a tracking number8984944428
Then received a email my transaction was canceled I must now go to a store location to send my money
I just don’t understand

Lin Q.
Lin Q.

Do NOT use Western Union

WU has kept my money indefinitely citing technical issue. They cannot tell me what the issue is. And they keep giving me new complaint numbers just to delay the refund. No timeframe, no status, no resolution, NOTHING. And the customer can NOT contact the complaint department directly. You can only call the customer services centre and they are CLUELESS. Basically if there is any issue with the transaction (through no fault of your own), the money is gone. GONE. I repeat, DO NOT USE WESTERN UNION. They are a scam.

Tony
TonyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Western Union - Don't bother

Customer support compliance department not focussed on assisting customer. Asked same question 4 or 5 times. Seemed to not know how to phrase questions. They should hire people with brains.

Terrible custom service - generic emails - No help

Tried to send money via business account but couldn't because the business account was only 50% in my name. Tried my personal account, they needed more info which I gave them but declined, sent the money from my wife's bank account but couldn't. 3 accounts tried each account taking 3-5 days review and then generic emails that didnt help, call customer service team to help but they said it's not their department, someone else will contact, but they didn't. Don't waste your time with Western union.

Samiul S.
Samiul S.Gungahlin 2912, ACT

Terrible Service

On the apps it shows that money will be transferred within few mins. They asked for verification, I submitted all documents. Sill the money hasn’t transferred. Will never western union again.

Poor service

Had to wait 14 days to transfer money to my family. And the customer service is a bluff, talks illogical. I was using the same account for 6 years. And they suddenly started to doing this. And they are unable to fix their problems as i tried to send today as well being held again... again had to call the customer service.... which is terribly a failure.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Useless service use transferwise or Ria

Blocked for trying to send $200?
They are usless, avoid, avoid, avoid.
They regularly say they follow intl laws and regulations its rubbish.
$200 now and then to different people .. so sinister..customer service read a robotic script .. avoid them.

Togs
TogsPerth, WA

It is horrible don’t want to hear about it again

I will never use this agent, they blocked my transfer and hold my money for 9days it was so inconvenience and they didn’t care about the hardship they caused to me and anyway their charges are higher than other agents I am very disappointed and I am warning others not to use western union

Monir
Monir

Horrible service .Do not ever think about iy

They cancel the transaction with out telling you any reason. When I tried to call them and after 7 times of talking to their incompetent customer service team members where every one is lying to you, they said it was canceled by mistake !!!!!
I lost time and money because of them .
If i could give zero stars i would have done it

Harshi K.
Harshi K.Victoria

I'd give Zero stars if I could. Worst company.

I'd give Zero stars if I could. Worst money transfer company ever. They cancel transactions for no reason, don't give you any notification that the transfer was unsuccessful. When you call them each operator gives you different story. They don't take notes of your call so you have to repeat yourself over and over again. They don't refund your money on time and when you complain they say the delay is on your bank's end even though that is a complete lie. Completely untrustworthy. Do not use them, they are the worst service ever. Save yourself the headache and use another service.

No Care Factor

When I call to enquire about what has gone wrong. They just don't care and will not help. There only cure is tell me to try again later. There is none whatsoever investigation into what the actual problem is.

Michael
MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The website doesn't work

The website doesn't work - not once but on many occasions - called support and the staff was rude.
They advised me to go to a registered agent and there they charge $100 transfer fee on top exchange rate was way too below the rate offered by other financial institutions and their own website.
I hope this message serves as constructive criticism and hopefully improve on what they offer for their customers

Salimeh Dahdah
Salimeh Dahdah

Very disappointed

Every time I've to send money to my brother in Lebanon since the crisis there & the pandemic there's %2 fees on each tranfer the receiver has to pay upon picking up the money that's appart from the fees that I've to pay. That doesn't happen in any other country than Lebanon that's really a ripe off & unfair that I've to pay double. I've been customer of western union for years supporting my family in the past it never happened.
Last transaction they took $11usd on my transaction which that's a lot to convert to Lebanese pound which it'll be 70,000 LP.
I'm not gonna use western union anymore there's plenty of other money transfer that they don't charge extra fees on top of what I am paying..

Do not use this incompetent and completely outsourced company

Rod
RodNew South Wales

Weston Union is a joke

Western union what a joke, I had to score 1 star as there is no option to score zero, after using this site, all of a sudden without explanation I was stopped from sending funds to my family, contacted them by phone and again no help whatsoever seems it's another offline Dept that cant be reached by phone, how can this be in this day and age. Advise all people wanting to use western union to go elsewhere as I have also the exchange rate is a disgrace as I have now done my homework very very very very poor organisation.

sandy
sandySydney, NSW

Useless

As others stated went through entire procedure and after them contacting me to “verify” my relationship with receiver my transaction was cancelled.
I had sent this person money through WU before & known the receiver for 20+ years! What really annoyed me was they would offer no reason for the cancellation. To add insult to injury they will take 7 days to refund me.
I think Western Union is the scam as if they do this to many parties they can utilise millions of dollars in funds that they do not immediately return to cancelled customers!

No care factor

Western Union a disappointment.

MANN S.
MANN S.Canberra 2600, ACT

Garbage service

Always my transaction on hold. Better go with TransferWise or remetly. When I called about my transaction the phone operator was very rude during conversation. Save your time and money. Avoid WesternUnion.

Alex B.
Alex B.Victoria

Hopeless system

Process checks under the guise of protecting you from scammers results on all transfers being put on hold. It then requires a time-consuming process, long on hold waiting and disconnected calls. When finally speaking to the authorising person it seems they are not that interested in scamming but rather some dark art process of determining eligibility to send your own money. An outdated service, no convenience here, go elsewhere.

Roz
RozSouth East Queensland, QLD

They let me down when I was in the most need of making a transfer.

After 6 years of doing fortnightly transfers for family support in the Philippines all of a sudden they decide that I am going to be the victim of a fraud. When my family member was in urgent need of receiving money Western Union decides that I do not know what I am doing. Despite a long, invasive conversation explaining the situation and its urgency there was no changing their minds. Now I am waiting to see how long it takes for the money to be returned to my bank account. In the meantime I have had to repeat the transfer through other means, my bank account is looking sad.

Selvarani
SelvaraniPerth, WA

Do NOT trust Western Union

Western Union will not help if your money goes missing. WU transfers your money to third parties in the transfer process. If your money 'disappears', WU will not investigate or assist in tracing where your money has gone. You will need to back track from the other party's end without any help from WU. When you complain, you will be told WU has completed their part of the transfer - so there is no problem. Use any other money transfer company except Western Union.

Marz
MarzSydney, NSW

is it a scam?? or just the worst business around.

after 10 years of sending money to one person only, the last few times the money was stopped from being picked up by the receiver and i the sender had to call WU (which is some of the worst customer service ever) they said i needed to pass a "fraud protection interview, made up of ridiculous questions. they rejected the payment and said they will refund the money... TO ME!! the person they are "protecting" from fraud who has insisted to WU i sent the money. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! ...why they do this i cant understand. but is NOT to protect the sender from fraud. maybe interest rates or exchange rate manipulation.

Don't use Western Union