Western Union

Western Union (page 2 of 10)

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness

Leo A.
Leo A.Perth, WA

Time Waste

Please don't waste your time with these guys, really very frustrating.

It's been days since I have transferred my amount and still in progress. If you really messed up then use this.

please note for small amounts it is nice but not always. Thanks!

Jag
JagGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Stupid WU holds money for no reason

Its been 48 hours since i made my transfer via the WU app & yet they are reviewing my transaction.
And if i cancel my transaction then it will take upto 10 business days to get my money back.
Why would someone use your services if they have to wait ages for what could have been a simple transaction.
Deleting the app once finalising of this transaction..
Dont trust there staff stories over the phone

Div
DivGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The worst customer support team I have ever faced.

I was willing to change my rewards point to gift card and they randomly messed my points to something else and never understood the customer point of view. Never recommended.

Fergus
Fergus

Worst service and policies

Sent money to my wife $1500 and they put the transaction on hold to check for fraudulent activity, even although I had sent money to her on many occasions previously.
When I called western union they interviewed me to see if the transaction was genuine. They asked invasive and repetative questions which was annoying and humiliating. Then put me on hold only to tell me my transaction is now cancelled and I have to wait 5-7 days for a refund.
The customer service personnel just read from a script. I was so angry and vow never to use this service again.
One word pathetic company.

Seby
SebyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Zero rating Horrible service

Horrible service and horrible customer care. no body knows what they are doing. I made overseas money transfer through WesternUnion mobile app a week ago until now money not received, my money stuck somewhere and now they are it’s technically error and gonna take another 2 days more Don’t trust this people any more and not recommend at all

Zero Rating - No Stars for Western Union

David
DavidIllawarra, NSW

Stuck on Hold without any reason? Can't reach the right team

It's so frustrating now, even the money is not big that i am about to transfer. I rang them 3times now and every time they says i need to reach out to right team. Hell experience, can't cancel my transaction as well.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Barbara
BarbaraBrisbane

Very Poor System And Customer Service

If i can rate zero, I would definitely rate Western Union zero due to very poor communication. My first call was disconnected, i called 3x however they cannot help at all!! I sent money on 16th September, today is 26th and the money hasn't received by my family. How ridiculous? If you need urgent process in sending money - dont use Western union. Thank you. Barbara

Muhammad Azeem H.
Muhammad Azeem H.Sydney, NSW

Worst experience ever

no cash pick up facility is available. only can send money but no pickup is available.
You call agents and they tell you we dont have cash pickup facility available. absolute time waste

Carmel
CarmelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Scammers heaven

Western Union facilitates scammers to steal money. They are slow to respond when you need help and delay you at every point. I have had nothing but bad experiences with WU.

Worst app ever

While updating details keeps asking mobile no even though it is optional. When I add the number it ask for city. When I add the city it ask for mobile no and then an error code C1434 appears. I have spent more time on this useless application

Worse experience

Call centre people won't acknowledge your need and treat everyone like scammer.
Customer care should be more diligent towards their customer as they are the face of the company. People sending money to their family in this difficult times and western union customer care should help and not mis behaved or be rude with people over the phone.
I'll never use their service again and i'ld not recommended them to anyone

James
JamesAlice Springs, NT

Terrible

They wouldn't transfer money then ended up hanging up on me when I asked why. Run by dodge and they are arrogant don't care. Ask you stupid questions what's money for etc. Non of their business.

H Z.
H Z.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst customer service ever

Don't waste your time with such rude guys who don't care about their customers, whenever I have asked them for help just disappointed me, even they don't care about our reviews..

Mark C
Mark C

Terrible - never using them again - seek your money transfers elsewhere

worst customer service

worst customer service ever seen . never going to use them in future . they take very long to refund your money back . still chasing one of the transaction from last year

FreddieB
FreddieBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

How To Lose Customers

Scammers

even after 3 days transferring
but saying have not received money
on next call they waiting for other bank to confirm
to many non sense not even matching what they say

Hany A.
Hany A.

2 weeks and still waiting for my refund

I made a money transfer (5125AUD) to Egypt on the 20th of last month. The money took so long, so I decided to cancel the transfer about 2 weeks ago and until now I haven't received the money back. Every time I call, the customer support team keep giving me these generic answers and they are unable to connect me with anyone who has authority to do anything.

Sam
SamSydney

Rip off

Very expensive rates and bad service
Plus they never reply to your emails
Bank transfer and save lots of money
They take advantage of people in needs
Make them your last money transfer option

Poor service, wrong advertising

Wrong advertising. They advertised for express shipping and keeping the money on hold for three days. I do not recommend using their services, look for other options available out there.

Karen
KarenSydney

Never use again

Needed to update my credit card to send money to an overseas friend..The dope on the phone, who i could barely understand told me i needed a passport and license to update my new credit card.. I said my passport expired and i wont be renewing until we can travel again..She said go to a western union store and send from there..I informed her we are in lock down and cant leave our area and non essential stores and shops are closed..Then her robot voice went on and on and on..In 10 minutes, i never got another word in but i'm sure she knew at the end where to shove her script after my polite request..Imagine with covid affecting the world and we have to put up with these numbskull companies on top of everything.

Poor communication and unreliable

John
JohnHunter Region, NSW

Scammers/Caveat Emptor

WU was recommended to me to send money to my wife in China. Of 10 transactions, half have fallen over. Same story as all the posts.. They delay delivering the transfer funds and refund of YOUR OWN MONEY (which has been debted to YOUR BANK A/c ) because they hold the money and play the money market!! Use your Bank and pay a little bit extra and have peace of mind. When I rang and tried to get my money delivered or returned, it was a disgusting lot of lies read off the same cheat sheet. You can shout and jump up and down, it'll do no good..Can only recommend people stay away, use your Bank ,the extra ,minimal cost is absolutely worth it. BE WARNED.....

m h.
m h.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scammers

Sent money twice by mistake. Cancelled second transaction immediately. Two months in I’m still waiting for a refund. Currently on hold for 20 minutes and waiting. They advise you that you’ll get an email and then you get a generic advertisement