Western Union

Western Union

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Jade
JadeSydney, NSW

Easy and no problems

I'm sorry to see all these negative reviews but I have sent funds to Cambodia several times and have had no issues whatsoever. The recipient could pick up within minutes or at least the next day if their office was closed.

FreddieB
FreddieBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

How To Lose Customers

John
JohnPerth, WA

Ask too many personal bank details

Tried to use but they want copes of too much of my personal bank detail and as was using poli and was a small amount of money through someone was scamming me. So they cancelled transfer and said return money in 7 working day that's 2weeks they steal my money for. WU out date never use them again. Say no fees but give crap exchange rate.

Hossain
HossainGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Option doesn’t work as described

Bank transfer poli option never worked, I have called them every time and same thing they suggested me: download the app again or try send money from website. I tried both didn’t work, only option works is you have to pay extra $3 credit option

Re G.
Re G.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't use them they are not transparent

You will be disappointed. They will not deliver money in a day as they say and they will make your nightmare worse. World Remit will show them what customer care is all about, they need to get out of business Western Union has lost it.

Renter
RenterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad

When sending money it goes through verification process. You have been sending money before to the same person but this does not guarantee that your transactions will automatically go through.

Chierag
ChieragGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Confusing

I registered myself using iOS app. When I reached verification step, it didn’t verify me with Australian driving license or international passport. I called to check and I was told that dob doesn’t match and hence verification is not possible. She said go to your profile and fix the dob. Very strange but there was no option to change that. Shows customer service don’t know about it. Hence after sometime, she deactivated my account and asked me to register again. When I tried doing that it didn’t accept my existing email I’d and hence I don’t want to use this service as I had a poor experience and I ended up using existing service to transfer money which was even costing me much more.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Bank transfer is quicker and cheaper

I have been using Western Union, used be all right for my family to receive Money in China.
However last year both local post offices and banks declined to receive Money for Western Unit. So my family had to drive an hour and half to go to a bigger City to receive the money.

I recently sent some Money to China via Bank transfer , the money was transferred into the receiver's account, the same date of transfer, quicker and cheaper.

Gazal
Gazal

Very disappointing customer care

It’s next to impossible when you need some help from western union... it takes hours to reach them and then they just disconnect your call and say that they can’t hear you .... very disappointing services

Sam
SamPerth, WA

Low rate and more fees

I have been using WU money in minutes for over 10 years now as I have no other quick options to send money to my old mother overseas. Money gets there quick but $US30 fees plus $US30 loss in exchange rate is a lot when you transfer a $US1000. It can feed my big family overseas for a week.

Nav
NavArmadale

Good service and customer care support

I always use WesternUnion for sending funds overseas. The customer service is good, Transfer is easy, transfer fee is just 4$ when u make transfer in a bank account and no fee if u send more than $1000.
I only find the exchange rate they offer a bit lower than the market exchange rate. Rest everything is good.

JohnD
JohnDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Please check this Case number and Give me some answers

I have used the western union many times and but last experience with WU left me bitter experiences. I have raised concern with WU complains department still no answer from them. The case number or complain number 10989697.
Hope somebody will look into this and change their process.

I don't want to be the guy who hates this brand. It is just to give them opportunities to correct their mistakes.

Jim
Jim

Use online banking: quicker and cheaper.

After completing the most detailed application I have ever seen I transferred money to a friend. However as he did not have the required ID he could not collect the funds. Several emails to WU failed to elicit any response. Eventually I spoke to them and secured a promise to return the funds in the next seven days. Cheaper and easier to use online banking with your own bank.

L. V.
L. V.Melbourne

Very disappointed again!

Izu
IzuACT

Awesome Online Money Transfer.

I have been using the Western Union both online and through agent locations for more than three years.

I 've frequently experienced an exceptional and high quality services. The staff I have had the opportunity to deal with were very professional and competent. Mostly, they have the willingness to support deal/resolve problems when they arise.

Just like every thing in life, there may be hiccup event sometimes. To be honest, I am quite happy with my experiences over yeas with Western Union.

They are doing a good job and hope they continue that way.

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.

Decebet M.
Decebet M.asked

WhyWestern Union block me in Belgium branch.
I can't pick up money anymore.
And what should I do that Western Union will unblocked me.
Please help me?

Gio
Gio

Use XE money transfer or another service, you have read the reviews. so why would you even think about using these PARASITES? They do not deserve your business.

Other Money Transfer Services