Western Union

Western Union

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
FreddieB
FreddieBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

How To Lose Customers

Farag
FaragSydney, NSW

Great efficient customer service

Spoke to help line and they were polite and well mannered as I am a regular user of this service as my wife is overseas. Well done to the person who organised the funds transfer as they were worried about fraudster

Kevin B.
Kevin B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Western union cancelled my account???

Ive been using westen union for years and all of a sudden they stopped me from sending money to.my friends overseaes with no explanation on request
I have friends in a 3rd world country who i know very welk
So now these people have no assistance from.me
I could understand if i was given a reason why western union have stopped me
So if you are sending money to more than one person then im guessing they think you are up to unlawful activities but in the meantime my friends are financially broken

John
JohnPerth, WA

Ask too many personal bank details

Tried to use but they want copes of too much of my personal bank detail and as was using poli and was a small amount of money through someone was scamming me. So they cancelled transfer and said return money in 7 working day that's 2weeks they steal my money for. WU out date never use them again. Say no fees but give crap exchange rate.

Abhi
AbhiPerth, WA

Very easy and convenient

I used their service to transfer AUD to INR and the whole process was very easy and fast. The money got deposited in my Indian Bank account within 7-8 hours of transferring.

Hossain
HossainGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Option doesn’t work as described

Bank transfer poli option never worked, I have called them every time and same thing they suggested me: download the app again or try send money from website. I tried both didn’t work, only option works is you have to pay extra $3 credit option

Re G.
Re G.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't use them they are not transparent

You will be disappointed. They will not deliver money in a day as they say and they will make your nightmare worse. World Remit will show them what customer care is all about, they need to get out of business Western Union has lost it.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Shahzad
ShahzadSydney, NSW

Worked like a charm

I initiated bank transfer from Australia to pakistan on Saturday using their app. And on Tuesday the money reached into the destination account. Exactly the amount WU promised. No fees were deducted. Great conversion rate as well. Cant be happier.

Renter
RenterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad

When sending money it goes through verification process. You have been sending money before to the same person but this does not guarantee that your transactions will automatically go through.

Awesome service

I went to put money in and the man was very helpful and help me. I would recommend western union. Great service.
Thank so much :) I've been going in for at least 3 months and always good customer service

DTuck
DTuckSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been using for 2 months.... love it

So convenient, saves going to the 'big Banks' and paying lots of transfer fees. Haven't had a problem yet, would totally recommend it when sending money to New Zealand. Glad I found Western Union, will be sticking with it for now.

Chierag
ChieragGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Confusing

I registered myself using iOS app. When I reached verification step, it didn’t verify me with Australian driving license or international passport. I called to check and I was told that dob doesn’t match and hence verification is not possible. She said go to your profile and fix the dob. Very strange but there was no option to change that. Shows customer service don’t know about it. Hence after sometime, she deactivated my account and asked me to register again. When I tried doing that it didn’t accept my existing email I’d and hence I don’t want to use this service as I had a poor experience and I ended up using existing service to transfer money which was even costing me much more.

Donna G.
Donna G.

WESTERN UNION ARE EXCEPTIONAL.

Best Company. I was Scammed and got full refund. WesternUnion restored my faith in Humanity.
MONEYGRAM sucks. I was Scammed through MONEYGRAM and all i got was TOTAL ignorance. Western Union would be the only company i deal with from here on in.

Saved the day!

My son was in London and his bank card would not work so he was left with no funds. He located a Western Union agency near Victoria Station and while on the phone, I transferred the money and he had it within minutes.

Bron
BronSydney

Helped my son out of a tough situation.

My 19 year old son was robbed in Bolivia on Weds, had no cards or cash. Within 5 hours of me sending him money (transacted via a Travelex branch) he collected the funds - in a rather remote town in Bolivia. I was also given the option for him to receive the funds in US$ or Bolivian currency, which was very helpful. I am so grateful for WU’s “Money in Minutes” service, it was a lifesaver.

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.

Decebet M.
Decebet M.asked

WhyWestern Union block me in Belgium branch.
I can't pick up money anymore.
And what should I do that Western Union will unblocked me.
Please help me?

Gio
Gio

Use XE money transfer or another service, you have read the reviews. so why would you even think about using these PARASITES? They do not deserve your business.

Other Money Transfer Services