Western Union

Western Union

See the Best Money Transfer Services in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
AndrewNew South Wales

Im Blocked.....arghhh!!!!!!

The first few years of transactions are good/ok.

However, I must be categorized now as a money launderer or crook or something as WU now block me. Are they really in business to provide a service???? What a weird organisation. Blocking customers for a 'security reason' .... but they wont explian why! What? WTH?

Goodbye WU. There are transfer services that dont mess people around.

FreddieB
FreddieBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

How To Lose Customers

John
JohnPerth, WA

Ask too many personal bank details

Tried to use but they want copes of too much of my personal bank detail and as was using poli and was a small amount of money through someone was scamming me. So they cancelled transfer and said return money in 7 working day that's 2weeks they steal my money for. WU out date never use them again. Say no fees but give crap exchange rate.

Hossain
HossainGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Option doesn’t work as described

Bank transfer poli option never worked, I have called them every time and same thing they suggested me: download the app again or try send money from website. I tried both didn’t work, only option works is you have to pay extra $3 credit option

Re G.
Re G.South East Queensland, QLD

Don't use them they are not transparent

You will be disappointed. They will not deliver money in a day as they say and they will make your nightmare worse. World Remit will show them what customer care is all about, they need to get out of business Western Union has lost it.

Hara Patro
Hara PatroGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

OK ..Fifty Fifty.. Good

Money stucks in every third time. When you complain they refund it after 3 days where you loose the present rate. Got problem now a days every-time. Now decided to stop using Western Union.

But they don't cheat, refund or resend it. Always got problem when they advertise a higher rate. but rate is Lucrative sometimes. Sometimes it transfers in seconds and sometimes takes hours and sometime a week. Very unpredictable and time consuming. I wait for one hour to contact their compliance team after five days.

Renter
RenterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad

When sending money it goes through verification process. You have been sending money before to the same person but this does not guarantee that your transactions will automatically go through.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Chierag
ChieragGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Confusing

I registered myself using iOS app. When I reached verification step, it didn’t verify me with Australian driving license or international passport. I called to check and I was told that dob doesn’t match and hence verification is not possible. She said go to your profile and fix the dob. Very strange but there was no option to change that. Shows customer service don’t know about it. Hence after sometime, she deactivated my account and asked me to register again. When I tried doing that it didn’t accept my existing email I’d and hence I don’t want to use this service as I had a poor experience and I ended up using existing service to transfer money which was even costing me much more.

Willy w
Willy wGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Not as simple

Iv used WesternUnion a few times until now I made a bank to bank transfer and for some reason this hasn’t worked but the money out of my bank has gone now awaiting for confirmation from them as to what’s happened to the the transaction?looking at the reviews has got me nervous

Gazal
Gazal

Very disappointing customer care

It’s next to impossible when you need some help from western union... it takes hours to reach them and then they just disconnect your call and say that they can’t hear you .... very disappointing services

Abbo
Abbosummo48@live.com.au

WHY HAVE I BEEN BLOCKED ??

I was given this number, R7008, and told I can not use this site for now, can you please explain why ??
regards Peter.

Sam
SamPerth, WA

Low rate and more fees

I have been using WU money in minutes for over 10 years now as I have no other quick options to send money to my old mother overseas. Money gets there quick but $US30 fees plus $US30 loss in exchange rate is a lot when you transfer a $US1000. It can feed my big family overseas for a week.

JohnD
JohnDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Please check this Case number and Give me some answers

I have used the western union many times and but last experience with WU left me bitter experiences. I have raised concern with WU complains department still no answer from them. The case number or complain number 10989697.
Hope somebody will look into this and change their process.

I don't want to be the guy who hates this brand. It is just to give them opportunities to correct their mistakes.

Jim
Jim

Use online banking: quicker and cheaper.

After completing the most detailed application I have ever seen I transferred money to a friend. However as he did not have the required ID he could not collect the funds. Several emails to WU failed to elicit any response. Eventually I spoke to them and secured a promise to return the funds in the next seven days. Cheaper and easier to use online banking with your own bank.

L. V.
L. V.Melbourne

Very disappointed again!

BruceT
BruceTasked

What's wrong with online service ? can not send money online.
I dont want pay $10 fee to Post office.

Andrew

I only tried the online service once or twice and couldnt make it work.
A bank transfer costs $30, takes numerous banks to complete the transfer.... groan. it takes about 5 days.,
So $10 (depends on destination and amount!) for an amount over $100 at Western Union at the post office is good value.

Baotuti S.
Baotuti S.

Same. Have not been able to send money online via western union. It cost upward of $100 to send money via post office compared to just over $10 via Western union online.

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Daren B.
Daren B.

Just use World Remit....excellent service.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.