Western Union

Western Union

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Jade
JadeSydney, NSW

Easy and no problems

I'm sorry to see all these negative reviews but I have sent funds to Cambodia several times and have had no issues whatsoever. The recipient could pick up within minutes or at least the next day if their office was closed.

Rates and Fees

Bank transfer is quicker and cheaper

I have been using Western Union, used be all right for my family to receive Money in China.
However last year both local post offices and banks declined to receive Money for Western Unit. So my family had to drive an hour and half to go to a bigger City to receive the money.

I recently sent some Money to China via Bank transfer , the money was transferred into the receiver's account, the same date of transfer, quicker and cheaper.

Nav
NavArmadale

Good service and customer care support

I always use WesternUnion for sending funds overseas. The customer service is good, Transfer is easy, transfer fee is just 4$ when u make transfer in a bank account and no fee if u send more than $1000.
I only find the exchange rate they offer a bit lower than the market exchange rate. Rest everything is good.

Izu
IzuACT

Awesome Online Money Transfer.

I have been using the Western Union both online and through agent locations for more than three years.

I 've frequently experienced an exceptional and high quality services. The staff I have had the opportunity to deal with were very professional and competent. Mostly, they have the willingness to support deal/resolve problems when they arise.

Just like every thing in life, there may be hiccup event sometimes. To be honest, I am quite happy with my experiences over yeas with Western Union.

They are doing a good job and hope they continue that way.

Money Transfer Services

Find out how Western Union compares to other Money Transfer Services

gdecapia
gdecapiaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Finally WU fixed their app

It finally works, and works well.
Although it took more than a year since my first complaint, thanks WU for taking the time to fix properly.

Shirley
ShirleyNewport

Compared to my experience with WorldRemit, Western Union was a breeze

I had a terrible experience with WorldRemit and they cared more about their reviews than resolving my issue. In desperation I turned to Western Union and although they charged $70 for my transaction, it was instant (unlike WorldRemit) and the receiver had the quick option to collect the money straight away. I chose the currency and it was completed with ease. I have only used it twice now and both times it went as planned. Only limitation was I could only use credit card for the particular place I was sending too.

Cash sent from Australia to Philippines in less than 10 minutes

Despite a number of awful reviews on Western Union, my money was transferred in a matter of minutes. Sure it wasn't 'instant', but it took less than 10 minutes for me to receive the confirmation email. The email stated that the money is ready to be picked up I instantly received a pickup notification email. This was all completed in a matter of minutes and I am happy with the service of this transaction.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
RemoveMe
RemoveMeSydney, NSW, 2000

Good

I have been using Western Union for over 4 years now and find it an extreamly valuable service and such will continue to use it regularly in the future.
The exchange rate is actually very good when compared to that offered by the Australian banks, to Thailand the difference is almost 15% so it allows us to transfer money to my family quickly and easy with a good rate.
You can only transfer up to $1,000 per month when using the online service after that or for larger amounts you need to use the manual service via a Western Union outlet (eg: Australia Post) The fee is not attractive but a trick is to use the fee as much as possible for example $100 AUD is the same fee as $150 AUD

cityofbluemtns
cityofbluemtnsNSW, 2786

Good

This review is based on both me using the service and as someone that can do Western Union transfers. I like Western Union for the fact that there is minimal paper work and that as someone who has to ring up Western Union I could not ask for better merchant support from Western Union. However, the fees can be a little high to send amounts, for example, it costs $225 to send $6000 to Romania. When I have used this service I am glad that it's instant but I really think that its so much more easier compared to banking methods to send money internationally
That the transfers only take a few minutes to complete
Sometimes the fees can be a little high

Money Transfer Services

Find out how Western Union compares to other Money Transfer Services

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.

Decebet M.
Decebet M.asked

WhyWestern Union block me in Belgium branch.
I can't pick up money anymore.
And what should I do that Western Union will unblocked me.
Please help me?

Gio
Gio

Use XE money transfer or another service, you have read the reviews. so why would you even think about using these PARASITES? They do not deserve your business.

Other Money Transfer Services