Western Union

Western Union

Brand Manager for Western Union? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Rates and Fees
  • Timeliness
Farag
FaragSydney, NSW

Great efficient customer service

Spoke to help line and they were polite and well mannered as I am a regular user of this service as my wife is overseas. Well done to the person who organised the funds transfer as they were worried about fraudster

Kevin B.
Kevin B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Western union cancelled my account???

Ive been using westen union for years and all of a sudden they stopped me from sending money to.my friends overseaes with no explanation on request
I have friends in a 3rd world country who i know very welk
So now these people have no assistance from.me
I could understand if i was given a reason why western union have stopped me
So if you are sending money to more than one person then im guessing they think you are up to unlawful activities but in the meantime my friends are financially broken

Abhi
AbhiPerth, WA

Very easy and convenient

I used their service to transfer AUD to INR and the whole process was very easy and fast. The money got deposited in my Indian Bank account within 7-8 hours of transferring.

Shahzad
ShahzadSydney, NSW

Worked like a charm

I initiated bank transfer from Australia to pakistan on Saturday using their app. And on Tuesday the money reached into the destination account. Exactly the amount WU promised. No fees were deducted. Great conversion rate as well. Cant be happier.

Awesome service

I went to put money in and the man was very helpful and help me. I would recommend western union. Great service.
Thank so much :) I've been going in for at least 3 months and always good customer service

DTuck
DTuckSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been using for 2 months.... love it

So convenient, saves going to the 'big Banks' and paying lots of transfer fees. Haven't had a problem yet, would totally recommend it when sending money to New Zealand. Glad I found Western Union, will be sticking with it for now.

Donna G.
Donna G.

WESTERN UNION ARE EXCEPTIONAL.

Best Company. I was Scammed and got full refund. WesternUnion restored my faith in Humanity.
MONEYGRAM sucks. I was Scammed through MONEYGRAM and all i got was TOTAL ignorance. Western Union would be the only company i deal with from here on in.

Super Funds Awards 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Saved the day!

My son was in London and his bank card would not work so he was left with no funds. He located a Western Union agency near Victoria Station and while on the phone, I transferred the money and he had it within minutes.

Bron
BronSydney

Helped my son out of a tough situation.

My 19 year old son was robbed in Bolivia on Weds, had no cards or cash. Within 5 hours of me sending him money (transacted via a Travelex branch) he collected the funds - in a rather remote town in Bolivia. I was also given the option for him to receive the funds in US$ or Bolivian currency, which was very helpful. I am so grateful for WU’s “Money in Minutes” service, it was a lifesaver.

Leanne d
Leanne dSouth East Queensland, QLD

Life saver

My husband lost his wallet in USA and was leaving for London next day. After being totally stuffed around by our bank St George, you can read that review, I needed to get money wired to him in London.

Had heard all the horror stories about Western Union but went ahead and did a large money transfer online and had no problems. It was approved within 20minutes and my husband went to one of their agencies when he arrived in London and he said he had no problems and it was quick and easy. Shame I messed about with St George for 13 hours.
Great work Western Union.

Shefo
ShefoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nothing easier

The fastest way to receive money in Australia. My relative sent me money from the Middle East over night and I collected it in the morning from the nearest Australia Post branch just opposite to me house.
Convenient and swift.

Dirk M
Dirk MGlenroy

Becareful of fraud

Western Union thank you thank you thank you you saved me no $1000 that my own stupidity is too blind to notice I purchased some items of the Internet. I had never used Western Union before but entered the sellers details. 2 minutes after doing the transfer I got a call from Western Union just confirming all the details of the seller thank you again I've never experienced such good customer service. It was during this phone call that Western Union pointed out that the seller is fraudulent. Can't wait to use Western Union again your fees are low and I still can't get over the customer service from such a large company thank you again

Florizel F.
Florizel F.asked

How long can western union block me from sending money?

Roxy
Roxy

I dont know how long they can block you from sending money, probably as long as they want. I would not use them ever again send your money some other way that way it will stay safe.

Robert asked

Is there legal recourse in Australia for refusing to provide a service without a specific reason?

Angry customer
Angry customer

I dont know about the legal side but I know that a service can be refused by the provider without any reason, meaning you need to seek alternate options. Saying that, I dont believe any business wants to turnaround their customers by doing that

Robert

Thanks. I’ve tried different Government Authorities but they don’t seem to have to want much of a say in how WU operates.

Decebet M.
Decebet M.asked

WhyWestern Union block me in Belgium branch.
I can't pick up money anymore.
And what should I do that Western Union will unblocked me.
Please help me?

Gio
Gio

Use XE money transfer or another service, you have read the reviews. so why would you even think about using these PARASITES? They do not deserve your business.

Other Money Transfer Services