Westfund Health Insurance

Westfund Health Insurance (page 2 of 11)

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (28) · 1-2 weeks (7) · 3+ months (1) · 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (33) · No (2)
  • Would Book AgainYes (7) · No (3)

Howard

HowardSydney, NSW

Health fund with value.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Howard, thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed and positive review. It is always pleasing to hear that our members find value and peace of mind with their cover.

Very Satisfied

Very SatisfiedCentral Queensland, QLD

Spot on Health Insurance

We deal with the office in Mackay Canelands and the staff here are excellent.
Our claims are paid on the spot and any large claims are in our bank account overnight. We have been with Westfund for many years and will not change or even look for another Health fund. Very happy.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Very Satisfied, thank you for sharing your positive feedback. It is always pleasing to hear that our members are happy with the service they are receiving. Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review.

excellent service

I don't often have to contact Westfund, but when I do the service is excellent. The staff are pleasant have good knowledge of all products & are ever willing to assist. Thank you

Claim DateJuly 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Droughtmaster, it is always a pleasure to hear that our members are happy with the service they are receiving. Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback.

Salmon

SalmonNorthern Region, NSW

Very Good value for Money

I am extremely happy with Westfund Great service and employees Have been a member for six years Can only speak highly of Westfund I looked around and found Westfund the best

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Salmon, thank you for taking the time to leave such positive feedback. It is pleasing to hear that you are happy with the service you are receiving. We appreciate the time you have taken to leave this great review.

Really poor customer service skills

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Tegan, we would like to look into this further for you as it is not the service we expect for our members. We have sent you a private message.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Tegan, we hope that this issue has been resolved to your satisfaction. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you require any further assistance.

This is perfect. I can’t live without it.

I can only speak very highly of Westfund. Great service, very affordable.
The policy was good value and easy to set up.
When I lodged a claim it only took 1 week.
I have been with Westfund for over 5 years.
I would recommend Westfund, to anyone looking for a good reliable health fund.

Claim DateAugust 2017
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Zenia, Thank you for taking the time to leave such a wonderful review. It is always a pleasure to hear that our members find value and peace of mind with their policy.

JudithIllawarra, NSW

Best fund in Australia

We can only speak highly of Westfund who we have been a member of for over 20 years. Great service. great value and we highly recommend Westfund to our friends.

Claim DateJune 2019
Judith

We would not join any other fund

You are the best

Hi Judith,
Thank you for taking the time to share such wonderful feedback. It's always a pleasure to hear from our members that they would recommend Westfund to their friends.

Roz

RozCentral West, NSW

A Great Australian Health Fund

Claim DateApril 2018
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Roz, thank you for such a wonderful review. It's great to hear you are happy with your switch to Westfund and with your cover. We appreciate you taking the time to leave such positive feedback.

dazza

dazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Top service and excellent value

I reviewed my HCF hospital cover recently when the new government tiers started to roll out. Whilst HCF said I can keep my Mid cover for another year it was no longer good value compared to Westfund’s Silver Hospital, plus the fact they waiver the excess for day surgery is a bonus. The extras cover I chose with Westfund has more inclusions although the payouts aren’t as much as HCF. Either way, overall I’m happy with the change and both products were given 5 stars from Canstar. I have spoken to Westfund on three occasions and the service has been outstanding...even used their online chat service. Very happy!

Jenny

JennySouth East Queensland, QLD

Value for Money in a Cut Throat Market

We moved to Westfund a couple of years ago, being sick and tired of our old fund and ever increasing funds and decreasing service and accessibility. Bingo! We are now saving hundreds of dollars, get great phone and online service and our cover is better than before. What more could we ask? Thanks Westfund.

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Jenny, We're grateful you decided to make the switch to Westfund and it's always a pleasure to hear that our members have experienced great service from our team. Thank you for taking the time to leave this review.

BEST VALUE HEALTH FUND IN AUSTRALIA

Have been a member for so long I can't remember when I joined BUT it must have been over 25 years ago. Getting on a bit so have had a few claims mainly for specs, dental & physio etc BUT I had a Quad Bypass about five years ago in a Private Hospital and my only out of pocket was the initial admission to Emergency. Westfunds certainly looks after it members. I cannot recommend them highly enough and they are a non profit organisation so premiums are kept to a minimum. t

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Phillip, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review. We're always proud to hear from our long-term members and we're grateful you have chosen to stay with Westfund.

Frank

FrankKoumala

excellent service

We have had several claims this year, all handled well. The only problem is the out of pocket costs but they are a government problem and only the treating doctors can help with them.
The Westfund staff have always been friendly and very helpful.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Frank, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this review. We're pleased that you have experienced such great service from our team and that your claims have been handled well.

Linda H.Central West, NSW

Amazing Service.

I broke a tooth off my plate one day. Phoned Westfund Dental Lithgow the next and was fitted straight in. By the end of the day my plate was as good as new. Thank you for your professional conduct and thoughtful care. I can’t say enough good words about the dentist and the reception people. Thank you all again.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Linda, thank you for such a wonderful review of our Lithgow Dental Centre. We will make sure to pass your feedback on.

Linda H.

Thank you I would like to think that they feel appreciated. Especially Bethany and dentist Michael

zaff

zaffSydney, NSW

Good, but can be improved

Pros:
- one of the best coverage options
- helpful and responsive customer support

Cons
- online member's portal and mobile app are dated, you can't do much there
- no way of getting information about your limits online (you can only call the support)

Kimberley S.

Kimberley S.Hunter Region, NSW

Would prefer to loose a loyal customer then wave a waiting period

Have been a loyal customer for 10+ years, needed to upgrade policies and it had a 12 month wait period, and wouldn’t budge at all with the waiting period there advice to me was look on iselect and find some one who waves the waiting period

Would Book AgainNo
dni

dniCanberra 2600, ACT

Pleased so far that we made the switch from our old fund

The best thing for us about transferring to this policy is that both of my dependant young adult sons who are under 25 will be covered. My old policy would only cover them if they were in full time study. The new premium overall is about the same but includes cover for an additional dependant. It also provides additional ambulance cover in ACT. The transfer process has been easy so far and customer service is top notch. I also appreciate this is an Australian owned fund that was established in 1953.

Plan CoverageHospital Only

JKRider

JKRiderSouth East Queensland, QLD

E-claim form with receipts to be posted

caroladawson

caroladawsonMid North Coast, NSW

Westfund I’m so pleased you are my Insurer.

I’m about to undergo major surgery and my communications with Westfund and their empathetic decision means I’ll do so knowing I’m with a health fund that really does live by it’s stated core values and has its memberships best interest at the forefront. Thank you Westfund for your exceptional service.

Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Carol, thank you for this wonderful review. We're so pleased that you have received exceptional service from our team and we'd like to wish you a speedy recovery following your upcoming surgery.

Louise

LouiseCentral West, NSW

The best Health Fund in NSW.

Our family have been with them going on 40 years (now there's only me). Over the years I have looked at what other funds offer but have never found another fund that can match them in service or cover. Love the staff, they look after me and make me feel as if I'm very important to them. Always making sure I get the most out of my cover. And now using their online service as well, so easy to use.

Claim DateMarch 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Louise, thank you for taking the time to leave this wonderful review. We're so pleased that you are happy with the service you have received, and we thank you for your years of loyalty to the fund.

Kendra

KendraSydney, NSW

I’m not just a number in the big machine....I count

Since joining Westfund, I have experienced good old fashioned service by a business that ensures you know that they care. Regionally based with a passion for people. Westfund is definitely Bestfund

Claim DateMarch 2019
Julie T.Westfund Health Insurance

Hi Kendra, thank you for such a positive review. We treat our members as people, not numbers and we are committed to providing them with bespoke service. We're so pleased that you have had such a positive experience when dealing with our team.

See all Westfund Health Insurance reviews