Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

WBB3400WH (White), WBB3400PF (Vibrant Silver), WBB3400AH (Arctic Silver)

• Internal Layout

DisappointedMid North Coast, NSW

Very average build quality

Purchased in July 2018 at The Good Guys for $460.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size2 person(s)
Diego M.

Diego M.Sydney, NSW

After 3 years it just stopped working

It looks beautiful but after 3 years it just stopped working. The technician just found out it was the main board that stopped. Let’s try another brand that can last longer than three years. A bit disappointed.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee for $870.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size3 person(s)
Betty

BettyLaunceston Tasmania

Shuts down when temperature in room drops below 10 degrees

My fridge freezer has turned itself off whilst I was away for 3weeks, for the second time that I know of. According to the service tech who talked to the service dept at Electrolux, when the house is not heated above 10 degrees this fridge stops running. I purchased this appliance in May 2015, and although this is out of warranty, I feel this problem should be rectified. As I live in Tasmania we regularly have days where temperatures drop below 10 degrees. I see this model is now discontinued!!

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

So far so crap

So disappointed in this fridge, it seems to continuously run even after being closed for long periods, the compressor whines when in operation, my 25yo replaced Westinghouse didn't make a sound, and the larger bins flap around in their runners and quite often jump out jamming it so crap

Date PurchasedJuly 2018
pc

pc

noisy

i am very disappointed. the fridge is loud. the sales rep stated it was a quite fridge. i can hear it from my bedroom . its a fan noise so different to the compressor. i have been waking up from it thinking its the hum from the freeway but alas its the fridge so now its like i have a new freeway in my kitchen to get used to

Date PurchasedSept 2017
fredrico

fredricomoss vale nsw

This item is totally useless,in my opinion

The reason why i say that is the frezzer'[s in the wrong spot ,is too small because of the draws set-up / size (even if your a single person, who gets payed only once a fortnight,like i do )!!!!!! so as such i wouldn't go anywhere near such a item if it was me!!!! but thats what i get for letting my brother get things like this for me,even after he knew the type of fridge that i oready had & wanted as a replacement,as it was this one was flooe stock from where he got it from & not even new as he told our mother,who payed him to get it for me!!!!

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Second fridge in two days

I purchased my new Westinghouse Fridge in Monday from the Goodguys. Delivery same day and they took away my working LG fridge I'd had for 14 years! Today, Wednesday I've had to have it replaced. It won't freeze and its not cold. I lost everything from the freezer and lots of fridge/cheese products from the fridge. The fridge is loud and still not cold. I'm disappointed. I need to find out if I'll be reimbursed for the food I've had to throw out.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Syl BBallina, NSW

No wonder its discontinued!!!!!!

Looks good, great design BUT can not use the vegetable crisper for vegetables - it FREEZERS everything. Carrots, Apples - Watermelon and lettuce don't stand a chance!
Emailed the company- got back to me straight away!!
But its MY fault because of the way I store the fruit and vegies in the crisper!!! LIARS!!!!!!!

Syl B

No response since my review from the company! So disappointing. My husbands family worked for the Electrolux Company in Orange for most of their lives. Electrolux was a Great Brand but sold out to overseas production- quality is below standard.

Not happy

It is a great fridge but no matter what I try, my fruit and vegetables always freeze in the crisper. I find I can't store anything in there, which is very disappointing. I have lost a lot of money from having to throw my produce out. I would not recommend.

Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Pam

PamMelbourne

Crisper Just Freezes

My new Fridge/freezer crisper bin just constantly freezes my vegetables and fruits. I am so disappointed and it makes no difference what setting I put the crisper setting to. The cost of the loss in vegetables is so disappointing and I wish I had read reviews before I bought the fridge.

ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Freezer doesn't freeze, milk goes off but veggies in crisper freeze

We've have this fridge a few months, and it's just been getting worse and worse. It's a very loud fridge when it's working and even louder now! Stuff in the crisper froze over and when I called customer care was told to just 'turn the cooling setting down' now without adjusting the temperature setting, some days the milk is off and everything is the fridge is luke warm, other days the veggies are frozen solid. Just this afternoon I opened the freezer and it was just like a cupboard - not cold at all!! Hopefully customer service will be better this time and send a replacement!

Frustration with servicing

The first refrigerator was purchased in August 2014 and was replaced within a week as the freezer would not freeze. The replacement fridge freezes veges in the back of the crisper bin and veges have to be stacked towards the front of the crisper. I have had 6 service calls, numerous discussions with the service call centre, a serviceman has stuck foam around an area underneath the light cover of the fridge and advised me that it is a known fault with "this model". This has improved the state of the veges but I still have to be aware of where veges are stacked in the crisper. If the fridge is not performing as I expect a new product should perform, what are my rights as a consumer?

See all Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series reviews

Anne W.asked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400WH (White)

Hello. I bought this fridge March 2020. It seems to be running ok BUT it makes loud popping/cracking noises throughout the day. Last night there was as big bang. I just want to know what the noises are and if I should be concerned?? I have a long warranty. Thanks Anne

bhoo
bhoo

Hi Anne, mine seemed to be running very loudly. not many cracks and pops from memory. More so louder than normal. And then one day there was no noise coming from the fridge at all meaning that it was no longer running.
I'd suggest getting a technician in to have a look since you are still under warranty. I would do so asap before the fridge actually stops working and all your food goes off while waiting for a replacement.

Anne W.

Thank you bhoo. Good advice! I have booked a technician for next week. I just think mine has more bang noises than crack noises as described in manual. Hope you got a new fridge ok. Cheers

mandimum

mandimumasked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Ever since I’ve had this fridge the crisper at the bottom has frozen up all my veges and anything in the very back of the fridge. Is there anyway to fix this. So much money spent on wasted fruit and veg

paul t.
paul t.

Yes i have heard of that problem before.You will need to contact Westinghouse as the fridge may be still in the warranty period.I own this fridge and the vege crisper does not freeze up.Hope this helps you,Cheers Paul

Nyrell Greenaway

Nyrell Greenawayasked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Can the door of the fridge open left to right

Hi Nyrell
the one I bought is already hinged L to R ie facing it, it opens from the left and swings right, but by the look of it located on top of the fridge is a plastic cover (top left hand side) which I assume are probably mount bracket holes allowing the door to be hinged on the left hence swinging R to L, same with the freezer door. There are also handles in both fridge and freezer doors to open them from either side

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare all 3 Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,349.00$1,249.00
Dimensions 1645 x 598 x 650 mm1645 x 598 x 650 mm1646 x 598 x 661 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishArctic SilverWhiteVibrant Silver
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity