Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

WBB3400WH (White), WBB3400PF (Vibrant Silver), WBB3400AH (Arctic Silver)

• Internal Layout

Updated review

Purchased in March 2020 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $800.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size2 person(s)
Jims

JimsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Door open direction can be DIY changed

Overall is good, quite quiet.

Would be great if light inside could be brighter.

After I put all stuffs in, found that the door direction could be changed by myself, would be better if user manual provide the guidance.

Purchased in January 2020 at Appliances Online for $751.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout
Household Size3 person(s)
day man

day manAU

Great little fridge perfect for 2 people

I have had this fridge for six months now and I really cannot fault it. There is adequate freezer and fridge space for two people. I have never run out of room or had a problem.

Only criticism is the crisper draw feels like it is slightly not wide enough and slips of the drawer rails especially when full due to the weight.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series compares to other Bottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

J.YE

J.YENSW, 2010

I only write what I don't like

Brook

BrookHunter Region, NSW

Excellenst small fridge good star rating

The fridge is nice and quiet.
A great feature of this fridge was the 3.5 star rating. The other similar priced fridges were from obscure Chinese brands that only had 2.0 to 2.5 star ratings! This would make them more expensive in the long run.

Well planned shelving inside. Like the freezer on the bottom.

The fridge had good instructions on temp settings for prevailing seasonal weather. Also has good instructions on the crisper settings for different veggies.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Enkay

EnkaySydney

Does the job for a small family

Basic but stylish fridge, with capacity suited towards a small (2p) family. There's also the potential to change the preferred side of the door which I personally liked the option for. However, found that there were not enough side compartments if you're like me and have a lot of small bottles and the like to store seperately

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Nice2Know

Nice2KnowAU

Great fridge, simple and does what it needs

Bought this fridge in a hurry when our previous one gave up the ghost. Ordered online through Bring Lee (BTW their service was excellent during the online buying process).
The fridge is great - the storage is simple but very effective. Not 100 different spaces for things that prevent versatility, but enough to make sense.,
The freezer at the bottom comes with the standard larger drawer plus a couple of smaller ones and space for ice.
All in all, good and would buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
EmeraldRose

EmeraldRoseAU

Great fridge for a small to medium household

I bought this fridge in July 2017 to replace a smaller Westinghouse fridge that was seven years old. I am really happy with it so far, I like the design with the freezer at the bottom, and find the layout of the shelves in the fridge at the top very practical. The extra space compared to my old 280ltr fridge really makes a difference. My only complaint would be that at the lowest temperature setting in Winter drinks like water, juice etc can still be a little too cold for my liking but this may not bother someone else. The fridge does make noise when it is cooling but it is a soft fan like noise which I didn't find intrusive. It had a mild "new fridge" smell inside which didn't last long but no smell outside.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Redevil

RedevilSydney, NSW

great product for price

good temperature control for fresh fruit and veg
a little bit noise, you only notice this when you come to kitchen at late night
you can arrange the boxes as you wish, easy to take out and clean.
bought this on ebay appliancesonline.com.au, free shipping, next day delivery, great product for less than $600 after discount.

tamgreg1

tamgreg1Canberra

Great fridge if you have to downsize

Bought this fridge as had to buy a smaller fridge to fit in a rental property. Good size, not too small and obviously not huge. Good space in the door shelves and fits most products. Shelves move around to suit products. Crisper keeps fruit and veg really fresh. No wasted food. Freezer temperature great too. Once again not huge in space buts fits enough as we have another freezer in our garage. Runs fairly quiet, no complaints so far.

PeterM

PeterMMelbourne

Does the job

The Westinghouse fridge/freezer is a good model to chose, the only negative being the price. I found after my purchase that other brands provide the same quality and basic functionality for cheaper. However, the fridge does provide numerous positives; the ability to change the door configuration (be sure to have the required kit), it is a medium sized fridge (ideal for a couple), location of the freezer at the bottom makes accessing the fridge much easier, adjustable vege crisper and one feature which some other fridges don't have is the ice cube dispenser. Though, it is weird how the egg holder is made for 10 eggs, not 12. I've had it for a few months now, it's easy to clean and it's reasonably quiet.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Ameera

AmeeraSydney

Just ok.

Good fridge, nothing to complain about but I wished it was a bit bigger, not too loud and easy to clean, the freezer is not roomy enough and the egg tray is smaller than the actual egg size. The cheese drawer is small but the vegetable drawer is big enough.

Date PurchasedJuly 2015
Avo

AvoBrisbane

Still goes strong, plastic maybe abit on the cheap

Date PurchasedFeb 2013

Energy saving little ripper

Purchased to save electricity which it has exceeded our expectations also used in a very busy festive season and we found the freezer froze faster and the fridge part kept our food fresh and cold in the extreme heat we have been experiencing. Also we like the freezer at the bottom cause the kids always go for what is in eyeshot. Overall we are very happy with our choice.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
CJCT

CJCTPerth, WA

Great

All is as expected with this unit. My only 'beef' is that maybe having compartments in the freezer means I fit less items in there. It is quiet, compact, good looking and suits my kitchen and décor. To date it has been easy to wipe clean. And most importantly, it maintains a good even temperature in a variety of outside weather conditions.
I am very pleased with the purchase and recommend it to others.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Dimitri

DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

We Bought Two!

Such a good product that we bought two of these fridges! We use one in our main kitchen, and the other is used as a "bar" fridge or extra fridge room for when we have parties. We keep the second in our garage. The only disadvantage is that this product only comes in White, and we would prefer a stainless steel fridge in our main kitchen.

Date PurchasedMar 2015
Happy animal lover

Happy animal loverNSW, 2042

Fridge is good, however...

I bought this model fridge from the Good Guys in Alexandria back in December 2016. So far, I love it, has loads of space & the crisper is huge! The only down side is that its a constant temperature (not adjustable), which for my power bill would be terrific, however it takes quite a while to cool food down. Other than that, the fridge works well & I'm happy with my purchase.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
MdmeJay

MdmeJayRedcliffe

No Regrets

Wanted another Westinghouse because my last one was still running after 20 years. After freaking out about how noisy it was when I first turned it on, the morning after, the loud hum has now stopped and it's completely silent (think it was still settling in). Seems to be cooling well. Only one gripe and its that the light inside isn't real bright.

See all Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series reviews

Anne W.asked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400WH (White)

Hello. I bought this fridge March 2020. It seems to be running ok BUT it makes loud popping/cracking noises throughout the day. Last night there was as big bang. I just want to know what the noises are and if I should be concerned?? I have a long warranty. Thanks Anne

bhoo
bhoo

Hi Anne, mine seemed to be running very loudly. not many cracks and pops from memory. More so louder than normal. And then one day there was no noise coming from the fridge at all meaning that it was no longer running.
I'd suggest getting a technician in to have a look since you are still under warranty. I would do so asap before the fridge actually stops working and all your food goes off while waiting for a replacement.

Anne W.

Thank you bhoo. Good advice! I have booked a technician for next week. I just think mine has more bang noises than crack noises as described in manual. Hope you got a new fridge ok. Cheers

mandimum

mandimumasked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Ever since I’ve had this fridge the crisper at the bottom has frozen up all my veges and anything in the very back of the fridge. Is there anyway to fix this. So much money spent on wasted fruit and veg

paul t.
paul t.

Yes i have heard of that problem before.You will need to contact Westinghouse as the fridge may be still in the warranty period.I own this fridge and the vege crisper does not freeze up.Hope this helps you,Cheers Paul

Nyrell Greenaway

Nyrell Greenawayasked

340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series

Can the door of the fridge open left to right

Disappointed
Disappointed

Hi Nyrell
the one I bought is already hinged L to R ie facing it, it opens from the left and swings right, but by the look of it located on top of the fridge is a plastic cover (top left hand side) which I assume are probably mount bracket holes allowing the door to be hinged on the left hence swinging R to L, same with the freezer door. There are also handles in both fridge and freezer doors to open them from either side

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare all 3 Westinghouse 340L Bottom Mount WBB3400 Series
CategoryBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / RefrigeratorsBottom Mount Fridges / Refrigerators
Price (RRP) $1,349.00$1,249.00
Dimensions 1645 x 598 x 650 mm1645 x 598 x 650 mm1646 x 598 x 661 mm
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Household Size 2-3 people2-3 people2-3 people
FeaturesDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost FreeDoor Alarm and Frost Free
Colour / FinishArctic SilverWhiteVibrant Silver
Handle Type RecessedRecessedRecessed
Smart Fridge NoNoNo
Shelf MaterialGlassGlassGlass
Number of Shelves333
Number of Fruit & Vegetable Bins111
Door Hinge Reversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and RightReversible Door Hinge and Right
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Capacity