Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle) Questions & Answers

WBE4500WC (White), WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel), WBE4500BC (Dark Stainless Steel)

36 questions from our users

Phil . M

Phil . Masked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

Hi I have just installed a Westinghouse WNE4500 bottom mount and the fan seems to be running continuously since install 8 hrs ago. Is this unit supposed to have the fan running 24/7 or will it settle down over in the short future?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Why avoid contacting the service number?

Brian

Brianasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

I have just purchased a new Westinghouse fridge 453L wbe450wc-r what should the temperature be set at for the fridge and how do you adjust it please

Tonyasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

How to remove bottom storage containers

Garry B.
Garry B.

I have the same problem. What is the solution. On line manual is of no use.

Tony

There’s a clip on each slide about half way along when storage box is fully extended. You have to push the left hand side one down and lift the opposite one up at the same time while trying to pull on the box. Not easy and a bit tricky.

Colasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

My freezer had stopped freezing. Why ???

Hi Col,
Tania from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse refrigerator.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Please be sure to list ticket number 1691787 in the subject line.
Thanks, Tania

Col

Thanks for your reply Tania, fridge has been looked at by a registered service person awaiting appraisals

Ibelongasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

anyone find 3c is cold enough in summer, or 1/2 more? i can increase it by looks like 1/2 what temp do people keep there fridge at? thanks.

Kathryn L.
Kathryn L.

I always use 3• and it is cold enough. Live on Gold Coast And have used that temp for 20 yrs

Dudley M.

Dudley M.asked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

My crisper keeps freezing I had my fridge set on 4 degrees I have now put it back to 5 degrees I think just by going off the bright to dull light

Vanessa

Mine did too, but I’m not sure what settings it was on. I just lowered it. To be honest, I pressed the button and kept pressing it until it was slightly lower, at least that was my aim. It seems to have worked. My milk doesn’t go off, and that’s my gage if it’s too low. Obviously I’m an expert.

Royston George

Royston Georgeasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Could you supply tempature settings for freezer and refridgeator?

Vanessa

At the moment they’re 3 & 7 degrees if I’m reading it right. I have changed them a few times. Why?

yes 3c default 18 freezer!!! but i think 3 and 1/2 better

Camiasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Can anyone help with why the milk shelf won’t clip in properly? It clips on one side and then unclips on the other side.

James3333
James3333

Look underneath there is a clip there too. Needs a little bit of firm pressure.

Cami

Thanks James, I did see the clip but couldn’t understand what that would clip onto. We’ll give it a go, thanks.

Samasked

Hi there,
I appear to have the same issue as a few other threads posted. The fridge started getting warmer 2 nights ago, but the freezer was still cold as and functioning as normal. The fridge was bought from a factory seconds retailer in July 2018. This is disappointing to know that it was out of its 6 month manufacturer warranty. I checked the fridge coils and they were excessively iced up, I then defrosted the fridge manually for 24 hours and turned it back on. The next day the fridge/freezer was working per normal, but I was worried about the reliability and spoilage of food, hence called out a refrigeration technician look at it, only to tell me that the heating element is heating up, but unsure if its the heating sensor within the heating element or the PC board. The technician suggests to leave it for one week and check if this occurs again, if so call them back and they will replace the heating element (as the sensor is integral with the heater) and then if it does it again replace the PC board. This seems ridiculous for a well known brand and not even 2 years old in operation. I don't think I'll be buying another Westinghouse fridge if this is the quality they can offer. Model WBE4500SA-R.
regards unhappy customer

rob
rob

I like the fridge and accept that like all things can fail. Im very disappointed with the after sales service and difficult task of claiming spoilt food. The company seem to make make the claim process hard deliberately that my opinion. You should not have to argue to get what you are entitled to as a consumer.

Hi Sam,
Denise from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge.
We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with fridge.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Denise ticket 1415724
Thanks Denise

Hi Denise,
Yes please can we discuss further? As a fridge of this manufacturer and value should be lasting 7+ years, not less than 2 years. I have emailed you on that email address and have not heard anything back in 4 days from you or your team at electrolux.
Can this please be actioned.
Thanks Sam

Annette L.

Annette L.asked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

I have a bottom mount fridge freezer, can I remove the freezer door without removing the fridge door first?

Dave

Daveasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

I bought the WBE4500WA in June 2016. I had no problems until about 10 days ago. The fridge compartment got warm. I called a local repair person. He took out the plate at the back of the freezer and used a heat gun to melt the ice on the coil - about one third of the coil was iced up. He said it could happen again in a few days or it might not happen again for a year. Six days later the fridge compartment was warm again. We took off the plate at the back of the freezer and melted the ice with a hairdryer. Fridge cooled down again. The repair person said that it could be any one of a number of things and he could change them all one by one but despite this the problem could still recur.
So it looks as if we'll have to buy another fridge as there is no point paying for repairs if the problem may not be fixed. It won't be a Westinghouse after this experience.
I think it is quite ridiculous that a fridge should fail so soon. Our neighbours also had problems with Westinghouse fridges - had 2 or 3 that had problems soon after purchase and ended up buying another brand.
We bought our first fridge-freezer in 1981 - a Kelvinator. We had it for 17 years and it was still working fine. We only changed it because we were moving and my husband thought that the move might affect the fridge so we got rid of it. Then we had just a small bar fridge for about 4 to 6 years - no problems. In the early 2000s we bought a second hand Westinghouse from friends who were moving. We had no problems with it at all. We only got rid of it because I have back and hip problems and I wanted a bottom mount fridge. We gave the old Westinghouse to a local op shop.
Deirdre

Sally Freeman

Sally Freemanasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Have tried to remove freezer trays from freezer as per instruction brochure. they will not move. any suggestion, or is there a simple way.
Thanks Sally

Msk

Mskasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

How to remove freezer drawer

Jane

The book says to pull the drawer forward then lift the front up off the slides.

GregL

GregLasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

I’ve had this Westinghouse since Dec 16, other than being a bit noisy from time to time it’s been great until yesterday, items in the freezer started to Defrost, I’ve checked the settings, dropped it to the lowest temp, clicked the Quick Freeze button. The items in the top section aren’t totally freezing and not are the ice cubes, the bottom two draws are frozen.
Any thoughts or suggestions please

Jane

We haven’t seen that issue with ours. Our temperature settings are just set at the default. You haven’t overfilled the drawers have you? Although, ours is pretty full at the moment. Maybe try turning it off for a few hours. Perhaps a bit of ice is blocking something. Sounds like a fault. Sorry I can’t help more.

Hi GregL,
Tania from Electrolux here.
We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with your model WBE4500WA.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania Ticket Number 1353551
Thanks, Tania

KirstySasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Since we moved our fridge has been randomly beeping like the door has been left open but it isn't. The only way to stop it is to turn it off at the switch! I was wondering if it could because it is not properly level?? I can't find my book.

Jane

I checked my book for you. In this model it appears there are only two things that would cause the beep. 1. The door isn’t closed properly. 2. Overheat alarm. This is caused by hot food being put in the freezer. Sorry, that’s all the book says. Good Luck.

KirstyS

Thank you for that. I don't know if that's the issue the freezer temperature lights are flashing and it is not freezing now

Martika V.
Martika V.

I know this was awhile ago, but Did you ever find an answer? Cause mine is doing this now

Jimmy T

Jimmy Tasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

Can I buy this with a left hand hinge?

Mark W.
Mark W.

Yes you can, if you order a new one directly from the factory in Thailand, through your Australian retailer, such as HarveyNorman. I just ordered a Lefty today with Product code WBE4500BC-L

Mike

Mikeasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel)

My led lights and lights on control panel do not work I hit the control panel when I was cleaning fridge still works so I may have damaged it?? So how do you change the lights panel??

Len.

Len.asked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Hi, just bought this fridge Westinghouse WBE4500WB-R new on 13/12/2019 and have found that the interior fan is quite noisy and runs all the time. The noise seems more of a rumble than a fan. It stops when the fridge door is open and starts again when the door switch is depressed. Had a Samsung before this and an LG for a trial period and the fan noise on those 2 was hardly noticeable. is this normal for the Westinghouse to be so noisy and for the fan to run all the time?

Kelley R
Kelley R

The fan on mine doesn't run all the time, but when it does you certainly notice it. Might be worth contacting Westinghouse.

Dragana

Draganaasked

WhatS number is it suppose to on QUICK FREEZE

Ataloss

Atalossasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

Have had this fridge 3.5 yrs been a great fridge. past few days finding the freezer not working properly even after adjusting the controls. What else could be the cause.....cheers

See all Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount WBE45 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)