Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle) Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

WBE4500WC (White), WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel), WBE4500BC (Dark Stainless Steel)

36 questions from our users

Natalie

Natalieasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

I am having alot of problems with setting/adjusting the temperature for my fridge & freezer. My freezer is the right temperature but my fridge isn't cold.
It's 3 years old

ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Electrolux on 1300365305 or customercare@electrolux.com.au.

Damian S.

Damian S.asked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Firstly, we would like to know how to fit the bottle storage bin with fingers to the door as the part we have seems to be too wide.
Secondly, there wasn't a bottle rack included in the fittings with our refrigerator parts.

Hi Damian S,
Linda from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the fridge.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda.

Rebirthcarverasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)

Not happy Jan. This appliance is less than 3 years old and the top refrigerator unit lost cool over 2-3 days. Food spoiled and we rushed out to buy a large bar fridge to transfer the cool items. Frozen was transferred to a chest freezer. Defrosted the fridge over 24 hours. Turned fridge back on. It cooled for 2-3 days. We drained the water tray and the heater was operating. Nek Minnet lost cool in top of fridge. Freezer still operating but don't know how efficiently. Throw away society usually sees white goods chucked after 5 years. After this short life? I'd love to get a response from Westinghouse as to remedial action

slickd1
slickd1

Same problem here. Did you ever get it fixed?

Tiger

Tigerasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Please explain how I adjust the temperature settings for the fridge and freezer sections of my fridge. If for example, I want to set the fridge temperature at 3C, will the control panel light up 10 and 7 below the 3 on the panel?

Thankyou

Colin

Rebirthcarver

Same question from me as well. I'm tech savvy and this feature is useless and not explained.

Tenneil M.
Tenneil M.

Interested as well as freezer for works perfectly but my fridge is not cooling. Approx 3 years old

Linda B.
Linda B.

hmmm 2 years later I don't see any answer an i have same problem freezer fine fridge set between 7-0 wont change to 3-0 an cools to 10deg

Maggieasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel)

How do you remove the bottom draws to clean them?

Please send a reply.

Sylton

Syltonasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

I am having a problem removing the freezer drawers to clean, I have read the manual, but still unable to remove them, would appreciate help with this. The model is WBE4500WA. Thanking you

UnHappy
UnHappy

I checked removing the drawers on mine. Pull them fully out then seperate the drawer and the slide from the very front, it was a bit tight but pushing the slide down and the drawer up it just popped out.

New fridge

New fridgeasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Can you buy the deli draw to fit the 453lt bottom mount?
Mary

Shells
Shells

You'd have to ask Westinghouse directly I believe Mary. or check their web site for spare parts perhaps

James

Jamesasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

My freezer door won't close completely I have to Force it to completely close can it be adjusted, any solutions?

len
len

You could remove all the draws and look to see if there is anything stuck behind them. I have had this happen once.

GJR
GJR

Not sure of this one. You could ask someone in the shop where you bought it from for help.

Kelly Jonasasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel)

Does this fridge come with a left hand side option?

hostie42

I have seen a left-hand option, but from memory it was a few hundred dollars dearer than the standard right-hand one. Still loving the fridge, by the way.

Kelly Jonas

Thanks, I think it's worth the investment then!!

Ben
Ben

I have the left-hand version of this fridge (model WBE4500SALH; the "LH" presumably means Left Hand). The left-hand version does have a design flaw: the temperature controls are positioned inside the main compartment on the right. Pretty much exactly where you your arm or hands brush against them when getting stuff in and out of the fridge. On the right-hand opening version these controls would be sheltered by the door so wouldn't get changed accidentally.

YOUHU

YOUHUasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

How to adjust temperature?

hostie42

On the temperature indicator on the inside of the fridge, pressing the word 'ZONE' toggles between the fridge and freezer temperature. Once you've chosen the zone to adjust, pressing the word 'TEMP' increases the temperature. Pressing it again increases the temperature again. Once it has reached the maximum temperature, pressing the word 'TEMP' then drops the temperature to the minimum available. Continuing to press it continues to increase the temperature until maximum is reached and the cycle starts all over again.

Hi Youhu,
Tania from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse refrigerator.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania.
Thanks, Tania

Connie g

Connie gasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

What's the recommended temperature setting for both fridge and freezer. We cannot go below -14 c any help?

Henry
Henry

Westinghouse handbook does not recommend any temperature settings, but my fridge seems to be working well at -4C and the freezer at -15C.
Hope this is helpful.

Dan vW
Dan vW

Hello ! I have left it at the factory default setting and for me it's perfect.I transferred all my frozen stuff into the new fridge and haven't noticed any difference except the ice cream is a tad softer which is a bonus.Hint: cos it's frost free all frozen foods should be wrapped to be air tight -pop them in a plastic bag or air tight container to prevent foods drying out.

Chris M
Chris M

Hi, my fridge came with a very helpful booklet. It recommends that the fridge be set at 3 and the freezer at 18. This was very easy to do as you hit the zone button which goes blank, then hit the temperature buttons until it lights up brightly next to the 3. Then hit the zone button again to change to the freezer and follow the same process ntil the button next to 18 lights up. These seem to be the ideal temeratures for my fridge and are the recommended "factory settings"

Thomas

Thomasasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel)

Is it normal for the door on a Westinghouse model WBE4500WA-R to pause before it shuts? In other words when the door is fully open and you go to close it, it almost closes but not completely without a second push. It happens with both the upper and lower compartments. Apart from being a bit annoying can you explain what advantages it is supposed to offer or how we can remove the feature . . . that is if it is a feature and not a fault?

Thomas
[email removed]

Hi Thomas,

When I close the door on my fridge it does the same as yours but I push it a little harder for it to close on one push

Moss
Moss

Hi Guys,

Had my fridge delivered today, as fridges go it's ok. Not as good as my old Westinghouse that died. This door issue is infuriating!!!! I have adjusted to feet etc yet to doors stop and don't close properly. It's more than annoying, it's really put me off!

Jam jamasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel)

Hello, just wondering if it's normal for the back down the bottom where all the wires are to be open?? Or is mine missing a cover??

Donna

Hello, do you mean inside the freezer or the back of the whole fridge?

Jam jam

Hi Donna the back of the fridge outside down the bottom it's all open and I can see all the plugs and wires etc etc little kids can get behind there and pull on the cords etc... I would have thought it would be covered...

Sadee

Sadeeasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel)

What is the cost of this model please?
Thanx

Wayne
Wayne

$1139 at Harvey Norman

Geoffo
Geoffo

We purchased model WBE5314SA-R from the Good Guys which cost $1677 delivered and installed.

Carol Williamson

Carol Williamsonasked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500SC (Stainless Steel)

How does anyone remove the fridge shelves?

beverley
beverley

If you haven't worked it out yet, you need to push up the back of the shelf from underneath and pull it forward using the front edge,
almost as annoying as the door which I have now taken to slamming, it requires too much positive pressure to close.

mikemma1

mikemma1asked

453L Bottom Mount WBE4500WC (White)

Have you guys fixed the crisper drawer problem everyone here is complaining about? I'm looking at buying one of these fridges.

LauraD
LauraD

I have no issues at all with the crisper drawer. I'm not sure if others are over loading it or are too rough but I have no issues and I've had it since Jan. And my boyfriend is pretty rough with it and we don't have any issues. Go to Harvey Norman and try it out for yourself.

See all Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount WBE45 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse 453L Bottom Mount WBE4500 (Integrated Handle)