Spent a long time reseaching. We’ve owned this fridge for 3 years and love it. Nothing bad to report

I spent more time researching and deliberating when I bought a fridge than when I bought my house. Now it’s been 3 years since I bought this fridge (and my aunt bought one too) and I am just as happy as the day I bought it.

Most online reviews are written after something goes wrong so it’s hard to get a sense for the overall quality or reliability of a given fridge.

I’m happy to report that nothing has gone wrong in 3 years for my aunt or me. The fridge is reliable, quiet, efficient and user friendly.

The main selling points for me were the stainless steel look and option of a left hand side opening door.

Purchased in March 2016 at Bing Lee.

Noise Level
Household Size 2 person(s)

Decent fridge

Good points:

Reasonably quiet. You must take the time to level the fridge or at least change the level to avoid a bad vibration from the compressor against the body of the fridge.

Freezer is below fridge, good design.

Well lit.

Bad points

In hot weather the fridge does not equalise the internal pressure very quickly after opening. This results in a door that won't open if you try to reopen the door within 3 minutes.

Nice fridge

My first upside down style fridge and I do like it. Previously owned side by side Westinghouse which I found the fridge component to narrow so I really like having a full width fridge. I wish the lower end models came with a water dispenser as this was one thing I really wanted but compromised on.
The fridge lighting is awesome. The door compartments very spacious and flexible compared to some others I was looking at.
For the price, the styling and practicality is spot on.
Negatives mainly being the fruit & veg compartment - compared to my old side by side, the draw was a lot more sturdy and pulled out smoothly evenly and stopped. This fridge, the drawer seems extremely flimsy and doesn't stop or pull out evenly. The adjustable divider is okaaaay ... but annoying at times.
The freezer area is quite small compared to what I'm used to but I have gone from a 600L to a 450L so that is to be expected. It was just smaller than I imagined, but I have adjusted. Although compared to other fridges in the same size range, this one seemed to make the best of the freezer space. The compartment drawers are very good, the runners are sturdy & stable and the ice dispenser awesome.
Overall - very happy with purchase.!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Awesome fridge

This fridge is great. It is whisper quiet and has plenty of space inside considering its external dimensions. The features inside such as child proof lockable storage for safety, bottle rack and led lighting make it very functionally suitable. A reliable brand with local Australian support. Highly recommend this product.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Much noisier than I expected

The first fridge delivered was extremely noisy. It was so noisy that it would wake you up at night when the fan & compressor started. We contacted Westinghouse and they sent a technician out who said that after a week it should be less noisy. He arranged for a replacement. We were told that the replacement fridge would decrease in noise over a day or two. It been about a week and while quieter than the first fridge its still much noisier than our old fridge. Apart from the noise its works well.

When I attempted to submit this review on the Westinghouse Web Site it was removed. An email was sent to me saying "Our staff has read your review and values your contribution even though it did not meet all our website guidelines. Thanks for sharing, and we hope to publish next time!"

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Perfect and comfortable to use

hugh space, good cooling, available in different range options.
it uses less electric bills,
It has lot of space available, and good storage system.
Easy to open and close. The best I like is it have variety of compartments with different size and facility
also it have separate box compartments for vegetables and double door.
Freeze box is lower side, so you dont have to bend frequently unless needed.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Good

I love this fridge. Was given the option of ordering it opening either side which was perfect for my kitchen as we needed one that was opposite to what most come. Great amount of space and a good layout. it's the perfect size for my family and I don't think I'm going to need another one until it breaks which I'm hoping to be a very long time from now. I would buy this again and recommend to others.

Below expectations

We bought this fridge after being pleased with our previous Westinghouse bottom mount fridge which we owned for 10 years before it stopped working.
Firstly the positives - the WBE4500SA has an attractive style, with the interior well designed and illuminated with a solid, quality feel. The compartments are well laid out, with the wine rack and egg trays useful features.

Unfortunately the fridge is let down by a few issues. Firstly the compressor is noisier than expected and has a discernibly louder compressor than our previous, older model. It is also frustrating that the door is difficult to open and also to close. There is no self-closing mechanism either - although this seems to be the norm with modern fridges for some reason. Finally, the energy efficiency is worse than comparably priced fridges e.g. LG and Electrolux competitors. Overall below expectations.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

good

This refrigerator has been used in my home for a while. First of all, this refrigerator is very cost-effective. It is really affordable. It is very suitable for our small family. Because the refrigerator is not very large, it does not take up too much space. This is great, so far, the refrigerator is working very well.

Good one

We bought it 5years ago, it is OK but the body was too brittle. It cracked when a small jar fell o. It. It was easy to clean but I had to change it after 5 years. The steel finish distorted and damaged in the first months and the look was not new after that

Date PurchasedJan 2012

Perfect, quiet

Temperature is great I have set on average the coolest temperature is very cool. Love the size and design of the vegetable chill draw and the ice tray is great. Door seals very well however can be a little hard to open immediately after closing. We purchased this fridge as it is quieter than our previous fridge,

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Sleek and efficient

I researched long and hard to find the best affordable energy efficient fridge .
My neighbour and several family members have the same fridge . Varying sized families and it suits us all
The extra cool zone is handy for drinks
Stylish design , delivering excellent quality for the price

Date PurchasedFeb 2011

WBE 5360SA - perfect fridge

Great fridge, has plenty of space. Has great functional racking which can be moved where required. Chilled water is great along with the auto ice maker .. Ice bucket holds a far amount of ice for parties. Good options for vegetables with humidity adjuster and divider. Freezer is great holds a far amount .. would highly recommend this fridge

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Still going strong

Cannot fault it. We had to specially order this one as we needed a left hung one. We had to wait about a month but we had very good service from Harvey Norman and got a 41 litre Waeco fridge as a promo gift from Westinghouse. Its easy to clean Stainless steel and has a coating to help easy cleaning. Temperature adjustments are easy on the inside. Its fairly quiet. It does its automatic defrosting every so often and when you get used to this sound of this its no problem. Good use of space inside, we opted no for the water dispenser in the door. Used up too much space we thought.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Door Handle - Peeling

I have had this fridge for less than 12 months. Seems to work OK but the door handles which I thought were stainless steel are not, they are painted - this paint is peeling off and looks awful. I have sent emails to the people I purchased it from and customer care at electrolux and still no response at all! Must say I am not at all impressed with their customer service - Very disappointing!

Date PurchasedSep 2017

good fridge

Very nice fridge,bought online ,bottom freezer compartment,easy to get to items in the fridge, seems cheap to run,electronic settings,nice shelves,very modern design,easy to clean ,nice medicine compartment, nice size ,
white color,makes a little noise after opening and than shutting but not too excessive, very happy with this fridge. would recommend.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

product is really loud

The fridge is really loud and gets worse and worse. Rang the tech service a few month after purchase, they came and told us it was normal, the second time rang Westinghouse up, they would like place charge on us as it is over the 2 year warranty even there is history and record of previous service (nothing was done, 'second opinion required' ). After 2 years the noise, of the fridge became unbearable, not recommended. Westinghouse service team is also hard to get contacted, waiting time on the call is way too long.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Hi Lyd, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WBE4500WA. If you wish to discuss please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Love it

The perfect fridge for us. Freezer compartment on the bottom definitely provides more room than the alternative. We have owned this fridge for 3 months now and have noticed our power bill drop significantly. Very economical to run. Extremely easy to clean with a damp wipe. Haven’t heard it make any noise so quietness a definite bonus. Very happy with purchase for our small family

Date PurchasedApr 2018

A Very Good Purchase

This fridge freezer is just the right size for a family of two. There are adequate and usefully designed compartments. The ice crusher is a useful feature. Some reviews complained it was noisy but I have not found it so.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

WORKS OK BUT LACKING IN SOME AREAS

Not overly impressed with this fridge ! We decided to buy the top mounted fridge, so the freezer is at the bottom. The crisper drawer is just not deep enough so putting bulkier items like cauliflower or broccoli is a bit of a struggle. The freezer part is ok but the drawers tend to restrict what you can put in there too. And I seem to struggle putting any taller containers in the fridge. The door handles initially kept falling off, thats been addressed and now seems ok. It operates well and seems to cool well in all areas, it is quiet and looks good. I probably wouldn't buy it again though, I regret not spending a couple of hundred dollars more and getting the Fisher and Paykel.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Not happy Jan. This appliance is less than 3 years old and the top refrigerator unit lost cool over 2-3 days. Food spoiled and we rushed out to buy a large bar fridge to transfer the cool items. Frozen was transferred to a chest freezer. Defrosted the fridge over 24 hours. Turned fridge back on. It cooled for 2-3 days. We drained the water tray and the heater was operating. Nek Minnet lost cool in top of fridge. Freezer still operating but don't know how efficiently. Throw away society usually sees white goods chucked after 5 years. After this short life? I'd love to get a response from Westinghouse as to remedial action

Please explain how I adjust the temperature settings for the fridge and freezer sections of my fridge. If for example, I want to set the fridge temperature at 3C, will the control panel light up 10 and 7 below the 3 on the panel? Thankyou Colin
Same question from me as well. I'm tech savvy and this feature is useless and not explained.Interested as well as freezer for works perfectly but my fridge is not cooling. Approx 3 years old

How do you remove the bottom draws to clean them?
Please send a reply.

WBE4500SA (450L, Stainless Steel)WBE4500WA (450L, White)WBE5300WA (530L, White)WBE5300SA (530L, Stainless Steel)
Energy Rating3.5Stars3.5Stars3.5Stars3.5Stars