Westinghouse WFE914SB

Westinghouse WFE914SB

MPN: 36407773

Nothing but problems

We got a new unit with our brand new house and we have nothing but problems with this unit. The oven randomly stops working and specially when you have a house full of guest and your brand new unit stops working its really embarrassing. Have reported this and tech has attend 3 times but can't find or repair the fault. I will not recommend anyone getting this for their house.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Great oven for my needs

Nice looking quiet oven. Instructions easy to use and not complicated. Cook-top easy to clean and not too many fiddly parts on the gas burners. I have learnt to pre heat oven long enough to make sure it is ready to go when baking cakes and biscuits. I do like how the timer switches the oven off when it reaches the set time so you cant burn stuff and beeper on alarm is nice and loud.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Oven

The oven we purchased was convenient and easy to get around. It is big enough to cater to my whole big family. Easy to navigate with the buttons and not too complicated which I highly recommend because I’m not the type of person who enjoys reading manual instructions. Also like to use the grill at the bottom

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Never Again

I would not purchase this oven again . Just had the door explode in my face . Second Westinghouse glass oven door I have heard that has done this . This needs to be looked at . I have cut toes and glass shards all over . Oven was not in use at the time and glass had been removed to be cleaned. . Exploded whilst lying on the bench waiting to be cleaned.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi HelenJ, Marina from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse oven. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. Thanks MarinaHi Marina . I did email with photos and details and have not heard anything back . I used the above email address Kind Regards Helen

Cooktop flame ignition is a struggle

The burner flame ignition is just a pain. Sometimes you have to press and hold the burner knob in for a minute for the flame to stay on. Sometimes it will work by pressing and holding the knob for 10 seconds but mostly you have to hold it for a minute and even then sometimes it does not work and you have to try few times.

Issue is not only with just one burner but will all of them. We were given this by the builder so had no other choice. Have reported it to the builder but aparantly the warranty has expired by few days even we have moved in less than a year ago but the warranty started when it was it was installed not when the house was handed over.

The issue was there from few weeks in but did not bother us much but have gone worst with time.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi Jay C, Rumana from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the WFE914SB. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me with reference 721381 at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, RumanaHi Rumana Before publishing the review, I clicked on the link which said “resolve the issue with the manufacturer before publishing” and I waited for a week and after getting no response, I published my review. I am happy to email you for a solution to this issue because it is a safety issue as well. Sometimes, when you hold the knob in for the flame to come on, it just keeps making clicking sound but no flame but the gas keeps coming out of the stove.Thanks Rumana. Tech attended and fixed the fault. It’s all good now. Many thanks again

Love it!

Highly recommend,every thing browns beautifully.
The oven has so much space , perfect for big family gatherings.
The middle wok burner I use for heating up my big pot of water much quicker than a normal burner a great time saver.
Love all the features, very happy with this cooktop/oven!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Very pleased, great quality and does the job

Gas cook top is well designed, love the wok extension. Easy to convert to bottle LPG, just don't forget to adjust the flame height. Set the burner to low, take the control knob off and adjust the flame with adjustment screw just to the left of the spindle, do this with every burner.

Oven is extremely quite and cooks perfectly.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Quiet oven that does what you need it to do.

Good quality, quiet oven and happy to have bought this. I asked my oven repair person (old oven-not a Westinghouse) which brand to go for and they recommended this. It has necessary features with 5 burners and touch screen timer. The only thing as a continuous improvement item for the company is to make the oven about 1 inch in depth deeper for larger trays.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Exploding glass

Brand new westinghouse oven. The inner glass panel exploded like a bomb had gone off in myopen plan kitchen. Please recall all westinghouse ovens. This is 2018 and Australia. How can dodgy glass imported from China pass our Australian standards and be used in our domestic products. Stay away. I think a fatality will occur before Australian regulators step in.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi Torino, Tania from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse upright range. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, Tania

beautiful Appliances

easy operating not struggling to setting up, specially likes warm up setting where I can keep my dishes after cooking, when l am inviting guest, all food are very fresh and hot, very useful during winter everything the way l want, very spacious, grilling and baking are very wonderful.very easy to clean, works amazingly.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Love love love this oven!!

I researched and researched ovens. Countless reviews and recommendations and I picked this oven. It works amazingly and have no issues with it so far after a year. I love the turn dial feature. Their newer model had touch screen which I didn’t like. I like being able to turn dials to the function I need. Gas ignites very easily and no issues. I used a friends oven and took forever for gas to ignite and stay on so steered clear of that brand. I recommend this brand to all my friends and family who are looking for a new oven.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Pyrolytic function unavailable help

The function for pyrolytic is none existent I have read the Manuel but there is no such function
I have called westinghouse customer service but have h hi but up after 40 minutes waiting time.
My oven is a wfe946sb customer service is none existent u have waited to long on phone call to be attended to

Date PurchasedAug 2018
I called customer service again yesterday waited a long time with no answer this type of service is not what I would have expected from westinghouse.Hi Rod MacRae, Shannan from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Shannan We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, ShannanRod MacRae 0419348851

No problems so far

Nice looking oven. Cooks well and temperature settings are all correct and evenly cooks throughout. Easy to clean and settings are easy to use without having to read the manual. The fan is great several options on strength needed. Having been using oven very long but so fat so good.

Big and beautiful

This cooker is a pleasure to use I cook and bake all the time so this will be well used I love the large oven now I can bake in large quantities and not have to be baking a 3 tier cake one tier at a time I can do it all at once I’m in heaven

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Good purchase

Very efficient happy with purchase only downside is no oven light. Makes it hard to clean with no oven light. Cooks well even temperature. Burners works well have no trouble with it. Very easy to install. Back mounting plate fixed to wall makes it very safe around children as it can't be pulled down on top of them.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Excellent Freestanding Oven

This Freestanding Westinghouse Oven is very functional for a large household looking for a reliable and a very competitive oven In looks and price compared to the expensive ovens which are not as good.We love this Westinghouse oven and had no problems so far.We purchased a ilve oven before and it was terrible with a lot of faults. Cooking is so easy with this oven and I recommend it.

Loved it until...

Had 90cm Westinghouse oven for a month. Up to this point loved it. Easy to use and cooked really well until today.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Diane, Leslie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse WFE914SB. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie. Thanks, Leslie

Great oven

Had this oven installed at my new house. Love that it's dual fuel so I can switch between a dry and not so dry heat. Has a great timer and alarm function and fits a lot of food so great for a large family. Looks great in the new kitchen also

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Reliable and easy to use

Have this unit installed in our new build and it's been a pleasure to use. Roomy and looks fantastic. Easy to use and oven heats and bakes well. Love the defrost function!

Only con so far is the cooling fan which blows toward the top front so if you're baking and cooking on the stove there is hot air blowing relentlessly on you which can get uncomfortable.

Love it

I have had this stove for 2.5years, cooks well. all options work well. Doesnt take long to heat up before cooking.Easy to use and clean. Love the brand westinghouse, never seems to disapoint also have the matching cook top and range hood. Will highly recommend this brand and stove to family and friends

Date PurchasedJan 2016