MPNs: 2471, 2472, 36511951 and 2 more

4.5

Murray
    MurrayKatoomba NSW

Good stove

After more than a year, this stove has been very good for us. With a natural gas connection the burners work well, only occasionally needing a gas gun when the igniter switch won't work. One thing to note: the fan in the oven is quite loud. It's not problem for us since we don't use it often but it may be an issue for others.
    Overall, highly recommended.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
    jloboy
    jloboygriffith

Great gas oven

We bought this gas oven for our kitchen . . And it is a great gas oven . . The oven itself cooks foods cakes breads meat very nicely.. easy to adjust the temperature and the burners are very easy to light with push button ignition . Lots of space on the cooktop and easy to clean

Date PurchasedJune 2017
    Freestanding Ovens

Find out how Westinghouse WFG617SA compares to other Freestanding Ovens

Warren
    WarrenErowal Bay

Exactly what I wanted

I bought this stove for a small holiday cabin, and particularly wanted all gas because of a limited power supply. The cooktop burners are easy to light with push button ignition, and were adjusted for low simmer from the factory. The trivets are very sturdy and easy to remove for cleaning. Christmas turkey, as well as cakes, are perfectly cooked in the fan forced oven. I have two older but similar Westinghouse stoves with electric grill in rental properties. The only problems have been a failed switch for a grill, and damaged knobs probably caused by improper use. I certainly would recommend this stove based on my experience so far.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good experienc

Date PurchasedJune 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
    the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
    best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
    Waz1
    Waz1Sydney, NSW

This is an excellent oven

Design great, solid cast iron trivets are good burner layout well thought out, lighting of all burners faultless, grill cooks very well, oven cooks perfectly, cooks evenly as well. Removable inner oven door glass is a great idea for cleaning. I've repaired ovens for 30 years so I know a little about them, this is the first new oven we have purchased in that time & we're very happy with it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    See all Westinghouse WFG617SA / WFG617WA reviews

Bodey Builders
    Bodey Buildersasked
    WFG617SA

is this stove fan forced?

Phil
    Phil

Yes, there is a button to turn the fan on and off. There is no indicator light, but you can tell it is on by the button depressed detant, and the sound of the fan. May not be good for older people who may not be able to discern these factors.

m.e.

Yes, it is. It works very well to help the food cook evenly. My oven light stays on during operation no matter how low I've set the temperature. This is handy as I can see whether I've left the oven on after I've finished baking.

Don

Yes, it is fan forced. I have since got used to every so often having to use the gas gun to light a jet. I also have got used to the stove top layout. Maybe I was a little harsh in my original judgement and probably should have given it another star or 2.

Pam
    Pamasked
    WFG617SA

Can someone please tell me the internal measurements of the WFG 617SA? thanks Pam

Do you mean oven measurements? 420cm deep by 80cm wide

Nerida
    Neridaasked
    WFG617SA

the griller will not stay ignited. How can I troubleshoot this?

Don

You need to press the control for at least 20 sec or else it will go out.

agatha1960
    agatha1960

We've had this problem with some of the burners. My husband pulled the knobs out a little which seems to alter the connection. If it's under warranty and won't stay on even if you hold the knob for a few seconds I would get them out to modify it. We had to have a serviceman out shortly after installation because the wok burner wouldn't stay lit and he made some simple alteration. It's very annoying and a poor reflection on Westinghouse that such a crap design made it onto the market.

m.e.

Sorry - mine has an electric grill but sometimes the gas burners on top have to be lit with either a match or a gas gun. I recommend contacting your installer to re-adjust the griller jets.

See all Westinghouse WFG617SA questions

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare both Westinghouse WFG617SA / WFG617WA