Westinghouse WHG956SA

2.5

Hari

HariSydney, NSW

Letter come off

It's been 2 years and all letter printed on side to indicate high and low are come off. They are of poor quality and my agent is asking to reprint which costing 150 bucks. Don’t stay in a house if there is Westinghouse electric cooktop. I have taken care of it very well and need to give penalty for that. Really bad experience.

Purchased in August 2017 for A$799.00.

Craig

A well made no frills range.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys.

Antoco

AntocoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Just don't do it!

Never have I seen a cooktop built so poorly. The controls have melted and the grey colour has come off. The cooktop has also got brown spots all over and requires constant cleaning. It dents easily with the cast trivets and looks like it's 10 years old despite it being only a year and a half. Customer care doesn't care about the quality control and don't really want to help.

Same issue with the oven, too which is disappointing when they're supposed to be Australian.

Date PurchasedJun 2016

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Jose

JoseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful quality

Was put in a new house by the builder but this cooktop looks horrible. It's a year old and the paint on the controls have peeled off, the cast trivets have small rust spots, the stainless steel cooktop needs to be cleaned daily because of the rust spots showing up. Looks great when not in use but if you actually want to cook just avoid this one. I ended up changing to a gas on glass cooktop to avoid this and have never looked back since!

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Ash G

Ash G

Perfect product

Updated our cooktop after 15 years. This is a great product and great features and very user friendly and safe to use and install. Highly recommend to all. Worth the price and looks great too. Easy to install Westinghouse are an old trusted quality brand. Get on it everybody. Wouldnt buy another product.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Wazasked

We have had our cooktop for almost a year. My wife hates it. Can't get the four "normal" burners down enough to simmer and the wok burner does not get hot enough. Very disappointed. The builder says it is Westinghouse problem. Not the gas fitter. I think it will be going. What else can I do?

min40fc

My unit works ok and can be adjusted low for simmering. There are larger burners that would be an issue for smaller pots at low simmer. As for the wok burner , its not going to compete with a restaurant burners heat energy. It does work as expected for me but yes , you would not be too ambitious on its ability. The burners at low setting should be just on and very low flame near the ring. . All the gas fitter can do is make sure it is operating at the right design supply pressure and that the right gas injectors have been fitted for the type. Eg natural gas or LPG. Many units come with additional gas injectors if needed to convert over but if you have ordered it as the type needed , it should have been supplied correct.

Waz

The builder reckons the gas fitter did what he had to do. We had gas in our last house and the wok burner was much better. My wife has cooked with gas almost all her life so she is not just a beginner. There is something wrong. It seems to be very hard to get someone to even look at it.

min40fc

If this unit was working ok from the start and now has gone south, my only thoughts would be the operational pressure of the unit. All this unit has in it is an electrically driven ignitors , basic flame failure thermocouple protection and injectors. If all are odd, it seems to me to be leading to that one thing. Seems to me that you need independent advice from another gas fitter.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives