Westinghouse WMB2802SA

2.9

Tajana

TajanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Only Lasted 18months

Purchased Westinghouse WMB2802SA built in microwave through my house builder for $480. The microwave died after 18 months. I wrote an email to Westinghouse and never received a reply. Would not buy again.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$480.00.

Twinbrother

TwinbrotherSouth East Queensland, QLD

Would not recommend

The microwave failed in that you cannot open the door completely unusable. Only 15 months old installed as built in with stove in new house.
Just out of warranty so up $500 to replace .Electrolux not interessted in providing any assistance.

Purchased in December 2018 at Builder for A$649.00.

B. Thorn

B. ThornGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

disappointed with its lifespan

As a single man, this microwave had very little use since new 2 years ago. I have now read in other owners reviews that they too have had problems within 2 years of use. I was of the opinion that Westinghouse products were good quality products - but in this case obviously not. I hope the rest of my Westinghouse kitchen products give me a far better service life

Purchased in March 2018 at Tradelink for A$452.00.

Microwaves

Find out how Westinghouse WMB2802SA compares to other Microwaves

Mac

MacSydney

Beautiful design and heat food quickly

This was a good purchase. It is a modern and beautiful design. It is a powerful microwave that heat food up very quick. It can be noisy when operating. Because it is 1100W output it interferes with my wifi modem when used. Be sure to place your modem far away from it.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Dipu

DipuGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Happy with the purchase

Really happy with the purchase and the product. Good features and easy to use. Build in trim kit adds more value to the microwave and makes more kitchen more stunning and modern. Product meets all the expectations and ticks all the boxes that needed for the makes the modern kitchen.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Margaret

MargaretPottsville Beach

Happy with purchase.

We bought a Westinghouse Microwave because it seemed sturdy and the door closed firmly. The settings are a little different to other microwaves that I have had, but it didn’t take long to get used to it it is definitely noisier than the inverter microwaves but I am very happy with the cooking results.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Akash

AkashSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have had issues

We got this microwave with trim kit as part of our house build. From day one we've had issues where the microwave wouldn't open after pressing on the button intermittently. We contacted Electrolux after a couple of months and they did send someone to replace the microwave unit. I wasn't home when they replaced the unit but when I got back I noticed what a bad job the guys had done. One of the trim kits on the microwave wasn't put correctly and it was coming off.

Other than the microwave does what its meant to do and it does look nice with the stainless steel trims around the unit.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Fell

FellBomaderry

Way too big!

I purchased online and should have checked dimensions.It is very large!It is, however a good looking unit.Not too straightforward to use, can't just punch in a time,you have to press anther button first.Quite loud.One good thing ,it is really powerful and fast.Stanless steel finish is nice, annoying that I can't turn off display like my old LG.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Isy

IsyAdelaide

Great microwave for big family

We needed a microwave that fitted our big plates in and allowed them to spin around. Very stylish..the one in the photo looks white but ours is silver.
The fingerprint proof front has been great having little ones around but it's also very easy to clean if it does get dirty. We knew Westinghouse was going to be a good choice.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Microwaves

Find out how Westinghouse WMB2802SA compares to other Microwaves

NEVER buy a BUILT IN microwave by Westinghouse

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Paul

Paulasked

Hi. Re Westinghouse Microwave Model WMF2302SA. I love the design and look of this Microwave - compliments my kitchen really well.
I did have a couple of questions though ....
(1) Is it normal for the LED Display to turn off after a few minutes of non-use?
(2) Is the clock able to be set to normal time rather than 24 hour clock?, and
(3) Is there anyway that you can just press the amount of cooking time and then press start - rather than having to press other buttons to make this happen.
Hope someone can answer these questions for me please?

Kath M

Kath Masked

If we require a replacement for our Westinghouse microwave model WMS 281SB what would be the suggested current equivalent model ?
Our current model , as detailed above ,was purchased with its stainless steel trim kit which we wish to retain as it is built into our kitchen cabinetry and we do not want to make any adjustment to this cabinetry as we want the same snug fit that currently exists

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives