Westinghouse WRB5004SA (Stainless Steel)

Westinghouse WRB5004SA (Stainless Steel)

MPN: WRB5004SA-X

Worst fridge I’ve ever had!

This is the worst fridge I’ve ever owned. I’m kicking myself that I’ve left it this long to write a review. Fridge was purchased 2 years ago literally and from the start it has been awful. You literally can not open it once it has been opened already for ages after. It gets dragged along the floor in any attempt to get it open. The door has dropped down also about 6-8 months ago so you have to push it up with your foot so it closes properly. And from the start bits have fallen off or broken off the veg drawer at the bottom. The front of the drawer is now hanging off it. It was bought just 1 week before Christmas 2 years ago and life got busy and now I’m sick of my family complaining about the fridge. I’ve never had one like it. So disappointed and when I called about it I was brushed off and told to call the local repairer. Costing me more money. Don’t buy this fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Carlie Reeves, Tania from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse refrigerator. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania. Thanks, Tania

bloody brilliant

bloody brilliant fridge, huge capacity, controls easy to operate, and the added bonus of Electrolux extended warranty. door opens very easily after closing so the problem of the door being hard to open must of been fixed. maybe an Electrolux representative can confirm. Crisper draw is easy to use as well. i am very very happy with this fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Love it!

I've always wanted a fridge big enough to store food AND booze as most do one or the other.... This has HEAPS of room for BOTH! The temperature consistency throughout the whole fridge keeps the booze in the bottom icy, takes care of my fruit & veg in Tupperware Ventsmarts in the middle, and well the top is a who's who of foodstuffs as the fridge is that big. Fridge is very easy to open and soft closes for you. Design is practical for your condiments, milk, juice etc in door shelves. We accompanied ours with the matching freezer which we are equally happy with.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Just Perfect!

Everything about this fridge is perfect! The temperature, it's quiet and easy to clean. I love that it's just a fridge, there is so much space and the adjustable shelves on the side are great . There is also a safety compartment for medicine...a bonus. I love the stainless steel model...easy to clean and looks great!

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Excellent except can't open the door

Bought this fridge and complained about the door within 2 weeks, three minutes before you can open it each time it is closed. A service man came out and contacted Westinghouse a new seal was order and never saw him again. He put some holes in the rubber and it worked better 15 secs to open, this was manageable. Now the days are hotter it does not want to open and sometimes I have to turn it off for awhile. Where I bought the fridge now have no record of my complaint.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi All, Zaida from Electrolux here. Sorry to hear of the issues with your WRB5004SA fridge. Would love the opportunity to discuss this further with you. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Assistance Required | WRB5004SA | Can't open door. Please include your full name and number and once received, we'll give you a call. Thanks in advance, Zaida

A good looker with a few flaws

We bought this model mainly for its good looks, but have found that it has a few flaws.

On the plus side, the interior of the fridge is thoughtfully designed with adjustable "Spill Safe" glass shelves, which mean that any spillage is contained.

On the negative side, the door seal is incredibly tight, which means that you need to wait a minute or so after closing it before re-opening it. Another flaw is the limited size of the crisper drawer; I would prefer an option to upgrade to two crisper drawers the same size as the existing one. Also, while cleaning the crisper drawer, I've noticed a groove between the sides of the drawer and the transparent front panel which makes it difficult to clean.

Date PurchasedJan 2017