Westinghouse WRF900CS

1.3

Super Terrible only last not even 4 years

Date PurchasedJun 2013

JanetVic, 3199

CHECK THE GLOBES ARE TIGHTLY SCREWED IN REGULARLY!

Date PurchasedMay 2014
rodericb

rodericb

Fairly poor performer and yes, the lights....

Was installed in my house by builder. Looks good but was fairly noisy on number 3, which you need to use regularly as the suction is pretty weak. Then there's the dodgy lights, blowing globes and tripping circuit breakers. The globe brightness was okay though. So yeah naah - not the best thing out there....

Date PurchasedMar 2012
Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse
Range Hoods

Find out how Westinghouse WRF900CS compares to other Range Hoods

Lawrie. R.Melbourne

Another Westinghouse lemon!

We built our home in mid 2011 though a builder and thought that having a new westinghouse rangehood and oven would be absolutely great and reliable. Wow, were we wrong
The rangehood has become so weak in the last few years , that it needs to be on the highest speed just simply to try and suck up tiny wisps of steam. It's been checked over by a professional and is clean, leaving no excuses for it to not work. Westinghouse should be ashamed of selling garbage like this! It's a shame we are having such a major issue with this, being the 2nd westinghouse product needing attention in less than 12 months.

CalvinUlverstone

Pathetic airflow - illumination a joke

brussel

brusselAustralia

Terrible

We have had this unit installed for about 6 weeks. It is ridiculously noisy, you can't hear anyone talk to you. It hardly extracts anything even though it is ducted outside and it be slightly effective it has to be on the highest setting. It has started to drip water from the motor onto the cooktop and customer service have just told me that's OK and even if they did change the motor it would still do it, it's working so not their problem. Do not ever buy anything from Westinghouse/Electrolux.
It looks like it does the job.
It is so noisy, it hardly extracts anything unless it is on the highest and noisiest setting. It drips. Customer service from Electrolux is a joke.

tobyinoz

tobyinozAU

This product should never have left the drawing board!

I had never had a rangehood before, so I thought this unit in my new house was going to extract the cooking fumes. Wrong! At first I blamed the builder, who had partly blocked the exit path. But even after I opened it wide, the airflow was still hopelessly inadequate for the purpose.
The hood's corners are not sharp, so you can safely bump your head on it. Also it provides a useful light over the cooker.
Even at full speed, this rangehood is unable to capture all the vapours rising from the cooker, let alone clear the surrounding area. Also the noise is excessive.

davisa

davisa

Terrible

Would never buy this product ever again. Cheaply made and tinny, noisy and did not work well. Would never buy Westinghouse ever again.
Looks great in the kitchen very impressive.
Lights kept blowing. In the end the light did not work!! It did not work very well leaving the kitchen (and the rest of the house) smelling of whatever I was cooking. It sounded like a plane taking off in my kitchen. Could not hear if someone was talking to me in the kitchen.

Range Hoods

Find out how Westinghouse WRF900CS compares to other Range Hoods

Phil S.asked

My WRF900CS has just stopped working, I have no idea where the fuse is located, found an instruction manual online that is useless.

Janet

https://www.renovateforum.com/f195/rangehood-fan-not-working-114807/ Hi Phil. I found this link which may help though you didn't say whether the globes still worked or not. There is also a website www.justanswer.com which might be worth a go if you search under "Australia Whitegoods". Hope this helps.

Phil S.

Hi Janet, thanks for your reply, The globes are still working atm. Will give the website a go later today, cheers :)

Shumba

Shumbaasked

Calvin please tell us about your Italian range hood? we had a useless SMEG and it seems Westinghouse has same problems we had with SMEG ie useless, many thanks, Karis

H Tran

H Tranasked

Where can I get XT a flue pieces for this model and how much is it?

Lawrie. R.

I'm sorry, I have no idea. I'm a consumer and only put up a review for this particular product. You will need to ask someone in the industry.

Calvin

Sorry Tran but like Lawrie R, I'm just (or was) only a consumer. Scroll down for an Electrolux customer service email address - lots of luck! BTW I ripped out (well, deinstalled) this garbage and installed an Italian extraction unit, 900mm curved glass canopy, LED lights, very efficient, nowhere near as noisy as the Westinghouse and it only cost about $400 online. Looks elegant and functions well. Gone from grumpy to happy with just a few hours labour.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives