Westinghouse WRM1300WC

Westinghouse WRM1300WC

MPN: 35902757

Faulty freezing up at the back of the fridge

Faulty freezing up at the back of the fridge

This fridge worked good as an occasional fridge / bar fridge so has not had a hard life but now the fridge freezes up at the back and the compressor is continuing to run all the time.
A quick look at the reviews and it seems that everyone has the same issue.
Come on Westinghouse fix up your products they don’t last anymore. This fridge was not a cheap buy for a bar fridge

Theo

TheoADELAIDE

Very Poor Product

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Harry vSouth West, WA

Very disappointed

Bought the under the bench fridge 20th May 2015 because it had no freezer compartment and fitted nicely under the bench in our unit. It worked very well and was very quite up until it started to make more noise than usual and now runs continuously and won't shut off. As a result it freezes up on the back wall inside the fridge What a disappointment for a Westinghouse fridge. I had read the bad reviews previous to purchasing but discounted them for various reasons. Being a Westinghouse product it must be okay. Repairs appear to be out of the question because of costs of getting it looked at.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Harry v

I have sent Electrolux a message with my details last week and waiting for a reply
thank You.
I can resend if necessary
Harry

Harry v

Electrolux followed up with me and the matter was successfully resolved with a replacement with the current 1400 model.
The follow up service with Electrolux was excellent. Thank you Electroluxwas

Mountaineer

MountaineerEltham

It's OK - have the freezer too

My wife made me get this because we have the matching freezer and she thought it would be "cute" hmmm. Well its OK, I just run it in summer in the barbeque area and it does it job just fine. I think its probably a little overpriced for a simple bar fridge but I have no complaints, t works just fine.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Marg T

Marg T

Keep cool

Bought this bar fridge to fit space for small studio apartment. Initial set up took a long time for the fridge to start getting cool...admittedly in was very hot mid summer. The fridge operates relatively quietly. The size suited our needs was the main reason for purchase & the cost for a new bar fridge was reasonable. I am hoping it serves our needs for several years to come.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Jo

Jo

Good but could easily be improved

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Alison

AlisonSydney

Bought this about two years ago DEAD!! DEAD!! DEAD!! ALREADY

Only wrote about vacuum cleaners on this site and always positive, but felt I needed to write about this fridge as it is a big dissapointment.
It is spotless inside hardly used and very nice condition - TOO LOOOK AT!!!!
Anyway its dead no cooling at all... I was quoted 250 to get it fixed by a local repairer. This is a dud. Westinghouse - get your act together - so many bad reviews...

Date PurchasedDec 2015
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Terrible disappointment - I bought a lemon like Golfer reviewer!!

Purchased 6 months ago for new kitchen renovation. This fridge continually frosts up at the back. Anything at the back is "swallowed up" by the ice wall in the back of my fridge. Have turned the thermostat up but this makes no difference. When the fruit drawer is opened melt water under dribbles all over the timber floor!!!! Terrible fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

I bought a lemon too!!!

Like Robbo's review, I too am disappointed in our bar fridge. Have had two occasions where the fridge has frozen my drinks and cans had blown their tops, what a mess. Wouldn't recommend anyone to buy these fridges. I had an old Kelvinator which lasted 40 years. Thought I would update, what a mistake.

Date PurchasedOct 2012
Pat B

Pat BNorth Queensland, QLD

Good while it lasted.

Like most other users here fridge has just failed after a relatively short period. Purchased 06/14 so less than three years use. Only used as occasional bar fridge so disappointed in such a short service life. If others repairs quotes are anything to go buy looks as though repairing is not an option.
Just as a follow up and to give due credit, Westinghouse / Electrolux service department contacted me and tried to repair. This was not possible so refrigerator was replaced without charge. Great to see a company standing behind the products they sell.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

TTT

TTTAU

Excellent bar fridge.

This is a great little bar fridge. Its a perfect size for a second fridge and keeps drinks really cold. Its very quiet with lots of space for a small fridge. It doesn't have the best energy rating but i found the price really good and its a trustworthy brand. I like the fact that the doors can be reversed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Worst Fridge Ever

I purchased this fridge approx. 2.5 years ago and it has just failed. Maintains a constant temperature of 27 degrees internal! No food can keep at this temperature. I have contacted a local electrician at the cost for repair is $220+GST..the same price almost as a new fridge. To have a fail so soon after warranty is unacceptable.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Mark Holst

Mark HolstPerth, Western Australia

Fits a niche

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Another Westinghouse dude!!

Have never been able to have anything touch the back of the fridge inside as it would freeze up. It became noisy approximately 8-10 months ago. Primarily used for wine and extra space required for milk and dairy product am now having to throw away approximately $60 of dairy products. Previous bar fridge (brand can't remember) lasted for years and years. Done with Westinghouse but very few choices in bar fridges!

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Dave

DaveMerrimac

Heap of Junk

Bought the Fridge 4 Years ago. After 12 months of dealing with incompetent repair people changing components and making excuses was eventually replaced. The new one lasted just over 3 years and now it too battles to maintain 11 degrees. I would advise any potential buyers to look at other brands. I was hoping for cold beer a Christmas. Don't count on Westinghouse for this

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Disappointed

This fridge only lasted 2 & half years & now no temperature control everything is freezing. Several bottles cracked inside, thermostat seems to have packed it in. We have an LG fridge that is 13 years old & never missed a beat. Won't be buying another Electrolux fridge or other products

StevefenMelbourne

Don't buy one of these lemons

Had this fridge for 2 and half years and all of a sudden it has stopped cooling. Would not recommend this fridge to anyone it is a lemon. I purchased it from Bi Rite funny how they all seem to stop cooling at about the 2 and half year mark just after the warranty expires!

Stevefen

Must give credit where credit due westinghouse did replace the fridge

MCGeelong

Good Example of Planned obsolescence

After 2 years & 3 months the bar fridge has died & the Electrolux service department's only comment was 'it's out of warranty'! I could've accepted the offer of a repair person coming to have a look @ it for $145 call out fee. I don't think so! This is "Planned Obsolescence " @ its best. I plan to be in touch with Choice magazine over this. The 35+ year old beer fridge in the garage is still going strong! Not happy!

MC

Update, Narelle has rung me & organised for a technician to come & fix the bar fridge next Thursday.

Won't buy one again!!

Bought the Westinghouse WRM1300WC in June 2012, and after 3.5 years, it is constantly running and doesn't keep the drinks cold. When I called a local repairer (out of warranty) I was advised to throw it out, because it would cost the same to repair as a new fridge would cost. What a waste of money that was. I will replace it with another brand.

David
David

AndrewP

AndrewPMelbourne

- Two Fridges in four years, now stuck without a working fridge.