Westinghouse WRM1300WC

Westinghouse WRM1300WC

MPN: 35902757

Very Poor Product

It is with great disappointment that, as the owner of my second Westinghouse 130L bar fridge (no freezer), I have to report that I am now in the market for a replacement fridge.
The bar fridge gets minimal use as it is a secondary fridge used for storing beer and wine in our pantry which is the coolest part of the house anyway. My first fridge worked very well until the 2 year mark, at which point it became very noisy and stopped maintaining the correct temperature. I replaced it with a new identical Westinghouse bar fridge in January, 2016 and about six weeks ago, the same noise began and the fridge is keeping drinks too cold and icing up. I suspected that the thermostat control may have failed and purchased a genuine replacement ($86!) and this has made no difference.
Repairs are too prohibitive for such a small fridge and I am seeking to replace the fridge with another brand. It is simply not good enough for this brand to have such a short life span. Contacted "customer care" via email for assistance on 9 October and I received a response on 28 October offering to send a guy at no charge.
In the meantime, I had purchased the new WRM1400 Westinghouse bar fridge (given the poor response time) on 27 October and paid an additional $75 for the Good Guys extra 3 year warranty. The decision to buy the same brand was that it was the only one with no freezer compartment that fit in the space allocated.
My recommendation to anyone looking to purchase this brand is to avoid it altogether or spend more money on additional protection. Buyer beware!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Very disappointed

Bought the under the bench fridge 20th May 2015 because it had no freezer compartment and fitted nicely under the bench in our unit. It worked very well and was very quite up until it started to make more noise than usual and now runs continuously and won't shut off. As a result it freezes up on the back wall inside the fridge What a disappointment for a Westinghouse fridge. I had read the bad reviews previous to purchasing but discounted them for various reasons. Being a Westinghouse product it must be okay. Repairs appear to be out of the question because of costs of getting it looked at.

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi Harry, Julie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie. Thanks, JulieI have sent Electrolux a message with my details last week and waiting for a reply thank You. I can resend if necessary HarryElectrolux followed up with me and the matter was successfully resolved with a replacement with the current 1400 model. The follow up service with Electrolux was excellent. Thank you Electroluxwas

It's OK - have the freezer too

My wife made me get this because we have the matching freezer and she thought it would be "cute" hmmm. Well its OK, I just run it in summer in the barbeque area and it does it job just fine. I think its probably a little overpriced for a simple bar fridge but I have no complaints, t works just fine.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Keep cool

Bought this bar fridge to fit space for small studio apartment. Initial set up took a long time for the fridge to start getting cool...admittedly in was very hot mid summer. The fridge operates relatively quietly. The size suited our needs was the main reason for purchase & the cost for a new bar fridge was reasonable. I am hoping it serves our needs for several years to come.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Good but could easily be improved

After buying a heritage bar fridge from Aldi that died within 2 months, we had to find a replacement. We chose this one as it was similar large size (130 L) and the only one with no freezer section. I was concerned about some of the reviews I read so took out Good Guys Concierge service and bought it at a good sale price.
So far it has been working fine. Very cold and very quiet.
I would prefer if it had come with tempered glass shelves, rather than wire, as stubbies and cans sit much better on those, and as it is not a cheap fridge, think they should be standard.
Also as I like sparkling wine, I removed one of the door shelves (were 3) so I have 2 door shelves both large enough for wine bottles. These same door shelves need to have wire bottle holders either as standard or available as an accessory as my bottles would move when door was opened and closed. We would have happily bought these if they had been available from Westinghouse, but as they were not, we fashioned our own using plastic covered coat hangers. There were holes to fit them already in the plastic shelves, so no reason they should not be available.
Hopefully it will give us years of good service!

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Bought this about two years ago DEAD!! DEAD!! DEAD!! ALREADY

Only wrote about vacuum cleaners on this site and always positive, but felt I needed to write about this fridge as it is a big dissapointment.
It is spotless inside hardly used and very nice condition - TOO LOOOK AT!!!!
Anyway its dead no cooling at all... I was quoted 250 to get it fixed by a local repairer. This is a dud. Westinghouse - get your act together - so many bad reviews...

Date PurchasedDec 2015
Hi Alison, Zaida from Electrolux here. So sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WRM1300WC bar fridge and would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida reference Alison WRM1300WC Assistance Required. Thanks, Zaida

Terrible disappointment - I bought a lemon like Golfer reviewer!!

Purchased 6 months ago for new kitchen renovation. This fridge continually frosts up at the back. Anything at the back is "swallowed up" by the ice wall in the back of my fridge. Have turned the thermostat up but this makes no difference. When the fruit drawer is opened melt water under dribbles all over the timber floor!!!! Terrible fridge.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Metcahe70, Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine . Thanks, Catherine

I bought a lemon too!!!

Like Robbo's review, I too am disappointed in our bar fridge. Have had two occasions where the fridge has frozen my drinks and cans had blown their tops, what a mess. Wouldn't recommend anyone to buy these fridges. I had an old Kelvinator which lasted 40 years. Thought I would update, what a mistake.

Date PurchasedOct 2012

Good while it lasted.

Like most other users here fridge has just failed after a relatively short period. Purchased 06/14 so less than three years use. Only used as occasional bar fridge so disappointed in such a short service life. If others repairs quotes are anything to go buy looks as though repairing is not an option.
Just as a follow up and to give due credit, Westinghouse / Electrolux service department contacted me and tried to repair. This was not possible so refrigerator was replaced without charge. Great to see a company standing behind the products they sell.

Date PurchasedMay 2014

Excellent bar fridge.

This is a great little bar fridge. Its a perfect size for a second fridge and keeps drinks really cold. Its very quiet with lots of space for a small fridge. It doesn't have the best energy rating but i found the price really good and its a trustworthy brand. I like the fact that the doors can be reversed.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Worst Fridge Ever

I purchased this fridge approx. 2.5 years ago and it has just failed. Maintains a constant temperature of 27 degrees internal! No food can keep at this temperature. I have contacted a local electrician at the cost for repair is $220+GST..the same price almost as a new fridge. To have a fail so soon after warranty is unacceptable.

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Hi Lauren P, Tania from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse bar fridge. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised with the fridge not cooling. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania Thanks, Tania

Fits a niche

We recently purchased this fridge as part of a pigeon-pair, with the WFM0900WC.

It's actually quite useful in that:
- we use it as an overflow fridge for those occasional times where our main fridge is full,
- great for drinks (right now it's full of beer! huzzah!),
- it fits under a bench in the garage, making really good use of space,
- it doesn't need to run all the time - we just turn it off when we're not using it,
- the internal configuration is very useful,
- it is quiet running,
- the small size makes it easy to occasionally put on the back of the ute and take out to renovation project sites.

We accept it's not the best quality - and the efficiency isn't great (1 star) - which is why it loses a star overall.

The price point is right (we were lucky to pick it up on special!).

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Another Westinghouse dude!!

Have never been able to have anything touch the back of the fridge inside as it would freeze up. It became noisy approximately 8-10 months ago. Primarily used for wine and extra space required for milk and dairy product am now having to throw away approximately $60 of dairy products. Previous bar fridge (brand can't remember) lasted for years and years. Done with Westinghouse but very few choices in bar fridges!

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Heap of Junk

Bought the Fridge 4 Years ago. After 12 months of dealing with incompetent repair people changing components and making excuses was eventually replaced. The new one lasted just over 3 years and now it too battles to maintain 11 degrees. I would advise any potential buyers to look at other brands. I was hoping for cold beer a Christmas. Don't count on Westinghouse for this

Date PurchasedAug 2013

Disappointed

This fridge only lasted 2 & half years & now no temperature control everything is freezing. Several bottles cracked inside, thermostat seems to have packed it in. We have an LG fridge that is 13 years old & never missed a beat. Won't be buying another Electrolux fridge or other products

Don't buy one of these lemons

Had this fridge for 2 and half years and all of a sudden it has stopped cooling. Would not recommend this fridge to anyone it is a lemon. I purchased it from Bi Rite funny how they all seem to stop cooling at about the 2 and half year mark just after the warranty expires!

Hi Stevefen, Catherine from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Catherine at customercare@electrolux.com.au Thanks CatherineMust give credit where credit due westinghouse did replace the fridge

Good Example of Planned obsolescence

After 2 years & 3 months the bar fridge has died & the Electrolux service department's only comment was 'it's out of warranty'! I could've accepted the offer of a repair person coming to have a look @ it for $145 call out fee. I don't think so! This is "Planned Obsolescence " @ its best. I plan to be in touch with Choice magazine over this. The 35+ year old beer fridge in the garage is still going strong! Not happy!

Hi MC, Narelle from Electrolux here. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle? I look forward to hearing from you soon. ThanksUpdate, Narelle has rung me & organised for a technician to come & fix the bar fridge next Thursday.

Won't buy one again!!

Bought the Westinghouse WRM1300WC in June 2012, and after 3.5 years, it is constantly running and doesn't keep the drinks cold. When I called a local repairer (out of warranty) I was advised to throw it out, because it would cost the same to repair as a new fridge would cost. What a waste of money that was. I will replace it with another brand.

Hi David, Narelle from Electrolux here. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Narelle? I look forward to hearing from you soon. ThanksWell I have to give credit where credit is due. Narelle from Electrolux contacted me within 24 hours of posting this review and arranged to send out a technician offering to repair the fridge, if feasible, for the cost of the call out fee. Sadly, the technician decreed the fridge was not economical to repair, and he would submit it for pro-rata replacement. After a few days of not hearing back, I contacted Narelle, and within 15 minutes she got back to me with an offer to replace the fridge with a new one, including 2 year warranty at a cost of $255, less the call out fee ($145) I had already paid. While I am still disappointed the fridge failed so early in its life, I agreed to this offer, as it was much cheaper than starting again with a new fridge at full price. The new fridge arrived on Tuesday and is working beautifully. Hopefully it will continue to do so for many years to come. Thank you Narelle for taking the trouble to follow this up and arrive at a more satisfactory outcome.

- Two Fridges in four years, now stuck without a working fridge.

The first fridge worked fine then the compressor become noisy and stopped working after 1 year and 10 months. The Westinghouse/Electrolux technician came around and said the compressor had failed and the fridge was replaced free of charge. On the replacement fridge the compressor became noisy after 2 years and 4 months, and the fridge stopped working. I called Westinghouse/Electrolux, they at first said as it was out of warranty they could not do anything. They rang back and said I could have a free service call. On the free service call the technician looked at the fridge and said it was not working and needed to be repaired. I subsequently have contacted Westinghouse/Electrolux service two times and they indicated that as the fridge is out of warranty they cannot commit to fixing or replacing the fridge free of charge. On each occasion they said that someone would call me to arrange a repair, they provided no commitment that Westinghouse/Electrolux would pay for any repair costs. I have not received a call back and over 3 weeks have passed and I don't have a fridge that works. A bad Westinghouse customer experience.

Hi Andrew, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. We would like to try to assist you. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks Rumana

Good for 2 years only!!

Originally thought it was perfect and right after 2 years it stopped cooling, contacted the manufacturer and guess what, sorry but your fridge it's out of warranty, we can send a technician to have a look but you pay for visit, labor and parts. So disappointed to buy such an unreliable fridge and bad Westinghouse customer experience!

Hi Rod, Nicole from Electrolux here. Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Nicole. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind regards, Nicole Electrolux Customer Care