Bad temperature control

It is very difficult to maintain a constant temperature throughout the machine. Food at the front doesn't cool very well or stay cool. Food at the back freezes. Food at the bottom doesn't stay cool. Food at the top freezes. The crisper doesn't keep fruit and vegetables fresh for very long.

Date PurchasedNov 2014

Good second fridge(only)

Well I knew this one would keep things simple. Compared to my frost free model, much more straight forward.
Ok so this is a no frills model which uses a static cooling evaporator concealed behind the back panel. No exposed piping like the models of old, which means nothing to impact on. The hydrocarbon refrigerant R600A , as with other types more efficient for the input power. Simple thermostat which allows for off cycle defrost when the cabinet temperature is achieved. So this is cyclic defrost where it allows the ice formed on the panels to run down into a catchment at the base of the fridge. This then drains into a waste pan sitting on top of the compressor which evaporates the water over time and also adding to compressor heat reduction.

The unit has adequate size in my opinion to be a second fridge without taking up too much space. You will expect to see ice then condensate form on the back panel during normal operation. Static latent cabinets such as this make more sense to me. Not many parts to service here either. You will have to get used with the water run-off at the back of the cabinet but then again , that depends on how much you open your door and how humid things are in your kitchen.

This rates a keep it simple score of 80% for me , it keeps things cold for me quite well. The overall cooling function requires simple operation. For a fridge only unit, not bad at all. Quite surprised what room you have to store things for its 400 litre capacity.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Faulty Unit - Still waiting for a response from Electrolux

We purchased this model fridge in September last year and from the moment we switched it on it was pooling droplets of water inside at the back of the fridge. At first, I thought it was a case of finding the right setting on the dial but when we turned it down to as low as possible, this continued to happen. After reading some of these reviews I decided to email Electrolux directly and did not receive a response. Five days later I re-sent the email, still with no response. Electrolux, so far, you have demonstrated negative customer service. I would like the item we have paid for working correctly. Electrolux please contact me, this model fridge we have purchased is faulty and we require by law that it is working correctly.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Hi upset customer, Zaida from Electrolux here. Sorry to hear of the troubles you've experienced in getting your WRM2400WD fridge serviced. Would love the opportunity to arrange this further with you. Could you please email us at customercare@electrolux.com.au and in subject line place: “Service Required | WRM2400WD Pooling Water | Reference: Upset Customer." Please include your full name and number and once received, we'll give you a call. Thanks in advance, ZaidaYes I can however, I don't understand why it's taken me to write a review on Product Review for action to be taken. Its brand new. Why would it need a service. Ok I'll play that game.

Nice unit at a good price

Our old 'second' fridge died and we started searching for a replacement. There were 3 criteria - not too big, not heavy on power usage and not too expensive. This model fitted the criteria, especially size in that it had to fit into an alcove.

We've now had it for around 4 months and are very happy with it. Shelves are strong and layout is flexible. You can set up the shelves to cater for standing wine bottles upright, storing beer 6 packs upright or on their side, or any other storage need you may have. Door storage also flexible - you can set them in quite a number of configurations to cater for tall and short items.

It runs very quietly - sometimes you wonder if it's running at all.

Gas leak! Broken down after just 3 years

The fridge broke down after 3 years, temperature never really right. Either too cold on top or too warm for the bottom.

I'm here because my fridge broke down recently and I was looking for anyone else having the same issues. And it is a shocking find!! They must be making this fridge not to last long because I won't believe it is a coincidence. Talked to customer service and advise a check with paying $145 call out fee and extra fee and parts, after negotiation came down to just call out fee. After checking on site then told me the fridge had a gas leak and needed to be taken to the repair center and it would cost more than 300 for labor cost.

What a sneaky move but you guys won't get anymore business from us for sure.

Anyone wants to launch a class action against them?

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Very pleased, lots of room

Great space, plenty of shelf options, quiet operation. Shelving configurable depending on needs. Have had two other brand fridges this size, this one is better in terms of shelf and door storage options. Took a couple of days to work out best temperature setting but am more than happy with how well items are now chilled.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Useful as a storage cupboard. Too warm to be a fridge

Admittedly purchased for its external dimensions rather than its star rating approximately 36 to 40 months ago it is another tragic reminder that consumerism is driven by manufacturers such as Electrolux are producing products that are designed to fail as soon after warranty expiration as they can legally can.
I am left speechless after reading I'm not alone.

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Hi Nik, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, RumanaWestinghouse "Westinghouse Official Hi Nik, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana Westinghouse posted on Jul 12, 2017" I am hesitant to contact Westinghouse but here goes. (Last time I rang your customer service I was advised that I probably didn't know how to use an oven properly when I questioned the atrocious heat distribution in a new oven, model 663. It still doesn't work well but I have increased tray rotation periods and use 220c. if I want 180c. ) The Fridge!!!! I relocated into these premises in September 2012, purchased fridge in following 6 months or so. (At the same time I bought the s##t oven) Currently in any temperature setting position except off, the fridge internal temperature is between 8.5 and 11 c. There is also a large ice accumulation, see pic, which varies in diameter from 110 to 180mm. image1.JPG Compressor run time cycles average 40 to 90 minutes on, off times vary with usage but removing and replacing vegetables would initiate a short i.e. 15 to 20 min off.....maybe 45 min. as a general rule. That alone tells me that something is wrong and I'm paying the power bill for this!! It is out of warranty but it's lifespan for a white goods product has been severely abbreviated. For your information my last house I built in 1984 had a Westinghouse oven and an Electrolux fridge installed in that year. The fridge died in 2011 but the oven was as good as new when we sold in 2012 having roasted, baked and grilled (separate) its way through all those years for a family of 5 plus. I am a male, I will be 62 this year, I've cooked for 47 years, It sounds as if I'm a whinger but I am seriously demoralised by the way product quality and product support has deteriorated in recent times. I update my mobile phone and iPad to the latest model for technology improvement but seriously a fridge? Regards. Sent from my iPadDear Nik,   Thank you for your email.   We have sent your enquiry to the relevant department.   They have advised  if a service technician has carried out an oven temperature test on the stove? If not it may be a good idea to confirm if the oven temp is in fact out of calibration. Regarding the fridge going on the information provided it appears the fridge has system issue most likely a gas leak. The only way to confirm is for a technician to inspect the fridge.   Kind Regards,   Rumana Customercare 1300363640

Good fridge for the price

A good basic fridge, that we needed to purchase to replace an Fridge/Freezer that had died, (but the Freezer was still working). I found second hand ones to be not much cheaper, and the Stirling one from Aldi, was not available at the time. Plenty of room for a small fridge, quiet, and the shelves seem fairly rugged. Great for a small family, however we have since purchased a deep chest freezer.

Date PurchasedJul 2016

Not worth your money

3yrs old and had it not worth money, nothing good to say about this product. Live in a rural area, no refrigeration repair near here. Would not buy anything from Westinghouse ever again. $700 of pension money gone in a blink and [name removed] wants to cut us back.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
Hi Paddy. Ben from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au Thanks Ben.yes ben would like very much to discuss this with you if you can please give me your contact number I have sent you mine via email yours in anticipation paddyreading thru these comments it seems Electrolux has a standard answer to all reviews here same words different names ' but no phone numbers to contact would appreciate some sort of action to fix this problem why wasn't this fridge recalled after so many complaints , , and now you are moving off shore paddy

They don't make 'em like they used to!

Fridge stopped cooling after six years. Based on these reviews, seems like this is not an isolated case and that this model fridge is a lemon. Why is that fridges don't last like they used to? I bought a fridge second hand in 1992 and later gave it to the tennis club where it is still running perfectly. You would think with advances in technology and naufacturing methods that a fridge would last longer, not shorter. Are products now manufactured with built-in obsolescence so that after a few years you have to go and buy another one?

The repair man says that for the cost of investigation and repair, you are better off to buy a new one (something about Chinese rubbish). If that is the case it will definitely not be a Westinghouse.

Also have an Electrolux oven that is less than perfect, but that is another story.

A big fail for Westinghouse.

Date PurchasedSep 2010

Absolute shocking fridge

Terrible fridge. Only had it for about 3-4 years, already called out a repairman during the warranty period and now probably a couple of years later there's another problem. Over the last few months, there was water leaking at the bottom and now there's a mysterious freeze developing. The coils are not dusty and nothing is blocking the fan. Then again, it could be related to the equally weird crack that slowly developed at the inside back panel for the last year or so.

And no, I won't be calling a tech so that I can be flogged for more money because of a substandard Westinghouse product.

Date PurchasedApr 2013
An update: well, we had a technician come out last week. Thinking nothing more of it, only perhaps to be told it'll cost x amount of dollars to get fixed, an Electrolux rep called me yesterday to tell me they're delivering a brand new fridge as replacement- at no expense to me. True to their word, they came a couple of hours ago to put the new fridge in and take away the old one. Great customer service and just as I gave them a serve last time, well, now I give them credit as it is truly due.

Should have lasted longer

Bought September 2013 - stopped cooling couple of days ago. Electrolux Service man been this morning and part of problem is compressor damage. Replacement parts are covered under warranty but the fridge has to be taken away to be repaired and customer has to pay for pick-up and return delivery, labour to repair fridge and this morning's service call - total will be about same as price paid for fridge. Freezer purchased at same time as fridge broke down in January - not covered by warranty - and that cost a few hundred dollars to get fixed. I certainly would not rush out and buy another Westinghouse product.

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Hi Chezzie, Kathy from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse fridge model WRM2400WC If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Kathy Thanks Kathy

Was about to buy....

I was about to buy the WRM2400WD, as I have other (older) Westinghouse fridge freezers.
This was to be a second fridge, after giving away the Westinghouse bar fridge (19 yrs old).
I won't now, after reading the comments on this board.
What a pity, one of our Westinghouse's lasted 17 yrs too.
Our freezer is still going after 22 yrs.
Phew!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Lemon

Purchased on the 3/3/2013, failed on 15/8/2016. Unit has a slow gas leak and so does not cool anymore. Called Electrolux service, not helpful. Need to pay $140 for a service call so that a tech can tell me its broken and not worth fixing. He will then give me an $80 voucher for another Electrolux product. She also mentioned that the tech may offer a pro rata price for a replacement fridge. So lets see. $535-$140=$395. So if he offers me a replacement fridge for $395 or less then may be its worth it.

Bottom line: Electrolux just do not stand behind their products anymore. This model is a lemon, walk away.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
Hi Chenny042, Rumana from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana. We would like to try to assist you. Thanks, RumanaOnce Rumana contacted me everything turned good again. She arranged for an Electrolux service tech to check on the faulty refrigerator who duly arrived at the appointed time and pronounced that the refrigerator was unrepairable. He reported back to Electrolux. After some chasing around with service managers regarding my case, they offered to replace the fridge for an agreed price that was acceptable to me. Now happy with a new Electrolux Westinghouse fridge replacement. It is a pity that we couldn't arrived at the final position quicker and without fuss. Rumana's approach to problem solving was a breath of fresh air. Good work Rumana! Much happier:)!

Dead at 45 months

Worked well for 45 months then froze up. Tried to adjust temp. but had to turn off to get rid of ice at back panel. Turned on but didn't cool contents at all. A DUD fridge if only lasts this very short time. While working properly we had no issues with its operation but 45 months is not good enough.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Hi Graybells, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your fridge. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Rumana Thanks RumanaHi Rumana ! Thanks for your reply. What can Electrolux do for me to fix this very young fridge? I am not willing to pay a high price for repairs considering the age of fridge. Completely unsatisfactory situation really. Will not buy another Westinghouse or Electrolux product if situation cannot be solved. Regards, Graybells.Still haven't heard a thing yet. Do Westinghouse really care for their customers. Will be informing Choice of this situation. Regards, Grabells.

What a terrible disappointment!!

I bought this fridge for my mother...thinking I was buying a quality product...was I wrong!!! The fridge hasn't been able to maintain temperature for the last 12 months...what a pleasure (not) of having to clean up smashed bottles all the time!!! We will NOT be buying a Westinghouse EVER AGAIN!

Hi Kyla, Tania from Electrolux here. We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised regarding your refrigerator. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Tania? I look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks, Tania

What? about 4.5 years and cracked already?

The entire back wall, 20-30cms above the crisper has a crack from side to side. What's the go? Bet we don't get any satisfaction. As i read reviews, it seems this is another time-based obsolescence. Not happy Westinghouse. You're lucky to be given 1 star. Do you do negative stars?

Hi Eeny. Ben from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Ben at customercare@electrolux.com.au ThanksI dumped it and purchased something else. Thanks.

Buy this fridge at your own peril - read the bad reviews - wish I had before I parted with my money!

I purchased this Fridge wrm 2400 six years ago. The fridge does not maintain a good temperature in any compartments.
It used to freeze everything, then when I tried to adjust it it stopped cooling altogether.
I have persevered with this fridge for some years; now the motor and fan run but the fridge wont cool at all.

2012

Hi Graham, Nicole from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Nicole at customercare@electrolux.com.au Thanks Nicole Electrolux Customer CareHad a call from Ben at Electrolux Customer Care, He offered to send a fridge tech around, $144 call out fee plus $60 labor. I pay for it of course ;not Electrolux!! My choice of Tech was $88 call out and $40 labor. Bad enough Electrolux clipped me once for a garbage product but they are still on the make !!!! Electrolux was offering nothing but a load of hot air in apologies,time they put their money where their mouth is!!: Better to cut my losses and put the money into a new fridge. One thing is certain, it won't be a product associated with Electrolux. By the way the fridge was six years old not four as previously stated. My decision to buy Westinghouse was based on a two door fridge I had owned that gave me 25 years trouble free service. We all live and learn at our own expense. I hope this may help another consumer save some money and grief.Letter sent to Nicole at Electrolux Customer Care. Hi Nicole, Thank you for your offer to discuss problems with Westinghouse fridge. I had a call from Ben at Electrolux; He offered to send a fridge Tech around to check out the fridge at $140 call out and $60 labor. This was at my expense of course, not Electrolux' s. My Tech that I had considered calling was $88 call out and $40 labor. Ben claims he has not had many complaints about this fridge; as I stated people are either too busy or apathetic to bother; in fact 18 other complaints on the website complain about exactly the same problems. Ben stated that this was all he could offer me; in fact he was offering me nothing but hot air! If Ben's offer was accepted by myself I would be $200 worse off and in all probability still have to purchase a new fridge.Bad enough Electrolux ripped me off with a garbage product,but they are still on the make with repairmen. I went and purchased a new fridge at the Good Guys (same place I purchased the Westinghouse 2400 series) You can bet on the fact that anything associated with Westinghouse/ Electrolux was given a wide berth. Sure enough, there they were (Westinghouse WRM 2400WD) lurking silently waiting for the next unsuspecting mug. I note the website is monitored by Electrolux whose Rep's such as yourself then waffle off "We are sorry etc etc" Electrolux has no intention of owning up to the problems associated with this product and seeks to portray itself as touchy feely to any person reading the reviews hoping to spin doctor their way out of the true problems. All I can do is write this purchase off to experience and inform as many others as I can to avoid Westinghouse/ Electrolux products and their appalling lack of regard for its Customers. There are just so many mug's out there that you can catch before the word is out!! I will advise Nicole's response.

Piece of junk- 3. 1/2 years old

Similar to other reviews, this fridge does not respond to thermostat changes.
Can't get colder than 7 degrees and rear panel is iced up around the small centre fan.
Based on other reviews , I am hesitant to get a repair man to look at it and be told that it's not repairable and pay his call out fee on top of it all.
Westinghouse or Electrolux as it appears now should be accountable and stand by their products, it is pathetic that they only offer a two year warranty on fridges, older fridges go for 40 years. not happy Electrolux !

Hi Ronnie Kathy from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Electrolux appliance. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact Kathy at customercare@electrolux.com.au Thanks

Dud Fridge

Bought this fridge in May 2012 and its now dead. Fridge mechanic said it had a pinhole leak and it wasn't worthwhile fixing. Cant believe that a fridge in this day and age lets me down so soon. Called the service center in Sydney and they said because i didn't get their fridge mechanic to look at it they were not prepared to assist. Dud service all round, Will never Buy a Westinghouse appliance for the rest of my life!

Hi JAYB, Leslie from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse WRM2400WC. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie Thank you, Leslie

Westinghouse fridge WRM2400WC icing up around fan. Runs continually. Seal looks OK. Drain clear. Turned off to deice but after 30 mins panel top left starting creaking and bowing into the fridge. Turned fridge back on and rear panel went back into place. Still icing up. Have checked rear is clear of fluff etc. Is there anything I can do? Or is a case of new fridge? I live in a rural area so it will be expensive to get technician and looking at comments, likely that it will be a new fridge required. It's not that old either.
Hi mate, If it's already out of warranty, bad luck, get a new one. Not worth fixing at all. It will come back after you get it fix anyway. CheersMy saga would take too long to type but, errmm, buy a new fridge. I paid for the service call to determine the fridge was buggered, it was a year out of warranty. Too'd and fro' and accepted a replacement unit for a tad under $300, plus $130 service call. Same week Aldi had 240ltr fridge identical to old Westinghouse (new one isn't the same and isn't as useful) for the disgusting price of ******, and a hundred or so less than the total I paid out to Electrolux. The point of the exercise is not service or response times, it's the fact that a cheap product that is highlighted as having a light, great lol, will only last a very short time. A product that, and I quote from an Electrolux representative that costs thousands cannot be expected to last long either because of all the bells and whistles included means that it will guarantee that it will fail within or without the warranty period and nobody is surprised in either case.Yes, seems like new fridge is the only answer. Sigh! Have six year warranty. Fingers crossed!

Hi Our fridge is creating a build up of ice on the back wall around the fan. Would you please advise the likely cause and best option for resolving the problem. The fridge is around 3 years old. Regards Alan
Hi Alan, My Mums Westinghouse WRM2400WC White fridge had the same issue with the back wall icing up around the Fan area.I think their is nothing you can do about it, thats just the normal operation of this fridge. My Mums Westighouse WRM2400WC fridge only lasted just over 2 years and 2 months so you doing well getting past 2 years with your Westinghouse WRM2400WC fridge

Purchased 2012 not a problem, until now have been away fro 4 weeks came back to find Fozen back panel near Fan assembly compressor hasn't turned off tried turning power of for it to melt ice of back wall, have turned power back on after ice melt and left temp gauge lowest setting compressor will not turn off. After hours turned on...?????? Not Defrosting
Hi Graham, Nicole from Electrolux here. Electrolux will be able to assist you with this query. Can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Nicole. We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks Nicole Electrolux Customer CareHow did you go with Electrolux Graham, any luck? My fridge is doing the same thing!Hello Nicole... I had to replace it after service check found the pipes were blocked, as i had extra cover I had to purchase a new Fridge due to the model was dicontinued. I have now purchased a Fisher & paykel... not happy due to the price difference and i did have a perfectly running fridge until i came back ... thanks anyways. regards Graham Bayly

WRM2400WD (240L, White)WRM2400WC (240L, White)WRM2400SC (240L, Stainless Steel)
Capacity240L240L240L
Energy Rating2Stars2Stars2Stars
Door OpeningLeft, RightLeft, RightLeft, Right
Width545mm545mm545mm
Height1441mm1441mm1441mm
Depth570mm570mm570mm
Price (RRP) $739$689$899
Release dateOct 2009
Replaced byWestinghouse WRM2400WD (240L, White)

Visit official website - Download manual