Westinghouse WRM2400 (240L, Upright)

• Internal Layout
Richard

RichardSydney, NSW

Disappointing performance from an otherwise nice product.

Purchased in January 2020 at ALDI for $249.00.

Kim

KimWestern District, VIC

Lost cooling.

Fridge repaired due to leaky compressor under warranty. Now freezing up on the wall in the back yet not maintaining temps below 8C despite max cooling. 7 years old. Disappointed.

Purchased in January 2012 at Harvey Norman.

AlexandraW

AlexandraWEdensor Park

Bad temperature control

It is very difficult to maintain a constant temperature throughout the machine. Food at the front doesn't cool very well or stay cool. Food at the back freezes. Food at the bottom doesn't stay cool. Food at the top freezes. The crisper doesn't keep fruit and vegetables fresh for very long.

Date PurchasedNov 2014
Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse WRM2400 (240L, Upright) compares to other Upright Fridges / Refrigerators

min40fc

min40fcPerth, WA

Good second fridge(only)

Date PurchasedJan 2018

upset customerBrisbane

Faulty Unit - Still waiting for a response from Electrolux

We purchased this model fridge in September last year and from the moment we switched it on it was pooling droplets of water inside at the back of the fridge. At first, I thought it was a case of finding the right setting on the dial but when we turned it down to as low as possible, this continued to happen. After reading some of these reviews I decided to email Electrolux directly and did not receive a response. Five days later I re-sent the email, still with no response. Electrolux, so far, you have demonstrated negative customer service. I would like the item we have paid for working correctly. Electrolux please contact me, this model fridge we have purchased is faulty and we require by law that it is working correctly.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
upset customer

Yes I can however, I don't understand why it's taken me to write a review on Product Review for action to be taken. Its brand new. Why would it need a service. Ok I'll play that game.

geej

geejMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Nice unit at a good price

Our old 'second' fridge died and we started searching for a replacement. There were 3 criteria - not too big, not heavy on power usage and not too expensive. This model fitted the criteria, especially size in that it had to fit into an alcove.

We've now had it for around 4 months and are very happy with it. Shelves are strong and layout is flexible. You can set up the shelves to cater for standing wine bottles upright, storing beer 6 packs upright or on their side, or any other storage need you may have. Door storage also flexible - you can set them in quite a number of configurations to cater for tall and short items.

It runs very quietly - sometimes you wonder if it's running at all.

Gas leak! Broken down after just 3 years

Date PurchasedJune 2014
cdbc385

cdbc385Melbourne

Very pleased, lots of room

Great space, plenty of shelf options, quiet operation. Shelving configurable depending on needs. Have had two other brand fridges this size, this one is better in terms of shelf and door storage options. Took a couple of days to work out best temperature setting but am more than happy with how well items are now chilled.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

NikSydney, NSW

Useful as a storage cupboard. Too warm to be a fridge

Admittedly purchased for its external dimensions rather than its star rating approximately 36 to 40 months ago it is another tragic reminder that consumerism is driven by manufacturers such as Electrolux are producing products that are designed to fail as soon after warranty expiration as they can legally can.
I am left speechless after reading I'm not alone.

Date PurchasedSept 2013

MetalGodz

MetalGodzHunter Region, NSW

Good fridge for the price

A good basic fridge, that we needed to purchase to replace an Fridge/Freezer that had died, (but the Freezer was still working). I found second hand ones to be not much cheaper, and the Stirling one from Aldi, was not available at the time. Plenty of room for a small fridge, quiet, and the shelves seem fairly rugged. Great for a small family, however we have since purchased a deep chest freezer.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016

paddymorgan south australia

Not worth your money

3yrs old and had it not worth money, nothing good to say about this product. Live in a rural area, no refrigeration repair near here. Would not buy anything from Westinghouse ever again. $700 of pension money gone in a blink and [name removed] wants to cut us back.

Date PurchasedMar 2014
paddy

yes ben would like very much to discuss this with you if you can please give me your contact number I have sent you mine via email yours in anticipation paddy

paddy

They don't make 'em like they used to!

Date PurchasedSept 2010

EdwinRoyal Park

Absolute shocking fridge

Terrible fridge. Only had it for about 3-4 years, already called out a repairman during the warranty period and now probably a couple of years later there's another problem. Over the last few months, there was water leaking at the bottom and now there's a mysterious freeze developing. The coils are not dusty and nothing is blocking the fan. Then again, it could be related to the equally weird crack that slowly developed at the inside back panel for the last year or so.

And no, I won't be calling a tech so that I can be flogged for more money because of a substandard Westinghouse product.

Date PurchasedApr 2013

Should have lasted longer

Bought September 2013 - stopped cooling couple of days ago. Electrolux Service man been this morning and part of problem is compressor damage. Replacement parts are covered under warranty but the fridge has to be taken away to be repaired and customer has to pay for pick-up and return delivery, labour to repair fridge and this morning's service call - total will be about same as price paid for fridge. Freezer purchased at same time as fridge broke down in January - not covered by warranty - and that cost a few hundred dollars to get fixed. I certainly would not rush out and buy another Westinghouse product.

Date PurchasedSept 2013
Gino

GinoHobart, TAS

Was about to buy....

I was about to buy the WRM2400WD, as I have other (older) Westinghouse fridge freezers.
This was to be a second fridge, after giving away the Westinghouse bar fridge (19 yrs old).
I won't now, after reading the comments on this board.
What a pity, one of our Westinghouse's lasted 17 yrs too.
Our freezer is still going after 22 yrs.
Phew!

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Lemon

Purchased on the 3/3/2013, failed on 15/8/2016. Unit has a slow gas leak and so does not cool anymore. Called Electrolux service, not helpful. Need to pay $140 for a service call so that a tech can tell me its broken and not worth fixing. He will then give me an $80 voucher for another Electrolux product. She also mentioned that the tech may offer a pro rata price for a replacement fridge. So lets see. $535-$140=$395. So if he offers me a replacement fridge for $395 or less then may be its worth it.

Bottom line: Electrolux just do not stand behind their products anymore. This model is a lemon, walk away.

Date PurchasedMar 2013
chenny042
chenny042

GraybellsMt. Martha

Dead at 45 months

Worked well for 45 months then froze up. Tried to adjust temp. but had to turn off to get rid of ice at back panel. Turned on but didn't cool contents at all. A DUD fridge if only lasts this very short time. While working properly we had no issues with its operation but 45 months is not good enough.

Date PurchasedNov 2012
Graybells

Still haven't heard a thing yet. Do Westinghouse really care for their customers. Will be informing Choice of this situation. Regards, Grabells.

What a terrible disappointment!!

I bought this fridge for my mother...thinking I was buying a quality product...was I wrong!!! The fridge hasn't been able to maintain temperature for the last 12 months...what a pleasure (not) of having to clean up smashed bottles all the time!!! We will NOT be buying a Westinghouse EVER AGAIN!

EenyTownsville

What? about 4.5 years and cracked already?

The entire back wall, 20-30cms above the crisper has a crack from side to side. What's the go? Bet we don't get any satisfaction. As i read reviews, it seems this is another time-based obsolescence. Not happy Westinghouse. You're lucky to be given 1 star. Do you do negative stars?

Eeny

I dumped it and purchased something else. Thanks.

GrahamBrisbane

Buy this fridge at your own peril - read the bad reviews - wish I had before I parted with my money!

I purchased this Fridge wrm 2400 six years ago. The fridge does not maintain a good temperature in any compartments.
It used to freeze everything, then when I tried to adjust it it stopped cooling altogether.
I have persevered with this fridge for some years; now the motor and fan run but the fridge wont cool at all.

2012