Westinghouse WSE6870SA

Westinghouse WSE6870SA Questions & Answers

13 questions from our users

Kilgore Troutasked

I can’t extinguish the replace filter message despite following instruction in manual - we have replaced the filter

John Oasked

I have replaced the water filter, but have been unable to remove the "replace water filter" light on the door. I have tried holding the 'Ice maker' pad for 3 seconds as noted in the user manual.

Kilgore Trout

Same problem with mine - did you get this fixed?

Yes, under the Zone mark, it says "Replace Filter Press and Hold". It works

DMGasked

What does the code UC mean?

Jaytee

Jayteeasked

Does anyone know what UC means on the dispenser display? Fridge is brand new.

DMG

UC means Communication Error. My new unit has that code up and the fan in the fridge is not working. Rang customer care on Sunday and got a very helpful lady who has booked the tech to visit and rectify. She also suggested shut fridge down for 30 mins and then reboot it. See if that helps. I have rechecked my leveling and it seems that I have lost the 15mm tilt back(new floor boards) Set it back up with 20mm tilt back, 5mm more than setup instructions, thinking that fan might be bogged by ice and good levelling might stop water/ice build up in fan area. Have emptied fridge and left doors open to hasten defrost.
Will see how all this goes latter today.
The customer care lady was really good.
Will report back latter on progress.
There was alot of negatives about this fridge on this forum, and some good raps as well, here and else where. The freezer side of my unit works like a beauty. The chilled water issue, well as the instruction say, thats what the ice cubes are for!
Cheers

Morty
Morty

Hi, what did technician say UC code meant? And was it easily fixed? Only had this fridge 3 weeks and have this UC issue! Thanks

NICK

NICKasked

i just bought the fridge 2 days ago westinghouse wse6870sa and i have same problem no cold water and no ice too, any help?

Charly

Charlyasked

We just plumbed ours in, and now the filter is leaking water, we have tried re installing the filter and also changing the water pressure, with no luck! Help!

Steve

Steveasked

is interface for fridge lower setting is colder or warmer?

Desmond D

Desmond Dasked

I purchased a Westinghouse fridge/freezer model WSE6870SA recently.
I connected everything up correctly. However it does not produce water or ice. A message "UC" is continuously flashing. Does anyone know what this message means?

Hey there, you may need a plumber to look at it and connect it for you.

Bruce D
Bruce D

You definitely don't need a plumber. It's a tape fitting, like for a garden hose.

Ozzie D

Ozzie Dasked

I'm thinking of purchasing this fridge but concerned about reports of water leaks, noisy compression noises and faulty fan belts etc.
Can an official of Westinghouse please explain these problems associated with this model?

Regards
Ozzie

Be Linda
Be Linda

The problems you mention are not exclusive to this model. I have had an earlier version of this fridge and had nothing but call outs to fix various issues. The fan noise is because the fan ices over, the noisy compression is something we had to get use to. One door handle broke off just after warranty finished and i was going to be charged half the price of a new fridge to get it fixed. Ice box mechanism rusting, water pipe breaking, and plastic shavings in the ice from the shaver mechanism are just a few of the problems i encountered with the fridge.
Our fridge was a lemon from the start and the customer service was dismal regarding this fact. We should have been offered a replacement or money back after the 3rd time of the same problem occurring.
Good luck with them answering your question. I will never touch a Westinghouse again!!!

lee4055

lee4055asked

Hi there, can you please advise if the water is cold when it's dispensed? I've read a few reviews that say it's not cold? My email is [email removed] thanks

Peter
Peter

Water dispenses at room temperature. Maybe a Westinghouse rep can explain why a customer would plumb water to a refrigerator for it to come out as warm as the source it’s connected to.

Lara B

Water is room temp, same as drinking from the tap but filtered.

Shee H
Shee H

We previously had WSE6970sa and because it had some issues so we got this as a replacement fridge. Not at all happy with water temperature, it is literally room temperature. WSE690sa always had cold water. Spoke to customer service and they advised it might be the filter!! Surprisingly I got this answer only after a week from when the fridge was delivered.

Lara Basked

This morning I noticed water residue on the floor under the freezer door. After looking under the fridge, I can see a very slow leak from a small tube under the freezer side. Any suggestions on how to fix this or will I need to call manufacturer? We only purchased the fridge in May of this year.

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Lara B,
Zaida from Electrolux here.
We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WSE6870SA.
We would love the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Zaida.
Thanks,
Zaida

Lara Basked

Hi, we recently purchased this fridge for our new kitchen. We supplied the kitchen place with all the specs provided on the website and they built our cupboards to suit the specs. The width of the fridge space is 102cm- a clearance of 1cm each side as specified. When we put the fridge in, the doors don't open. To allow the doors to open fully, we have to have approx 6cm of the body of the fridge hanging out on top of the doors. Is this right???

Realmcoy

Yes that's right. Because the door houses the ice storage and water dispenser the doors are much thicker than a fridge that doesn't have them. Just do as you said, pull the fridge out till the fridge doors are in front of the cabinet doors. Usually fridges aren't fully recessed into cabinets for this reason (door clearance) unless the fridge is incased by cabinetry doors (covered up) and the the extra clearance then needs to be behind the cabinetry doors.

Lara B

Thanks for your reply Phil. I understand the fridge isn't supposed to be fully recessed but we have 16cm sticking out- it just doesn't look right??

Murray

Murrayasked

So I just bought one & the ice dispenses outside of the glass & goes all over the floor! Is there something I'm missing here? Tried various cups- seemed to throw the ice at you!!? There must be a fix for this?

Realmcoy

I'm assuming you've got it on the ice crushing setting. We do get a little bit of the ice escaping on that setting, but not bad. Obviously keep the cup up under the opening. The best fix is using cubes instead. If you crush all the time you may find the opening can get a bit blocked occasionally, depending on some external factors. I still use the crush from time to time, but I'm much happy using cubes generally....less drama.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives