Westinghouse WSF6606X / WSF6606W

Westinghouse WSF6606X / WSF6606W

WSF6606W (White) and WSF6606X (Stainless)

Terrible Choice

My Westinghouse Dishwasher. The HEATING hasn't worked for a few months. Last week it tripped the house circuit. Repairman estimated $400 for repairs including 2 call out, parts and labor. I had a look myself . The heating element read 40 ohms and infinity to earth and when cold the thermostats conducted ok. I checked the control board and a 125v ac relay terminal was burnt out. I have replaced the relay with an equivalent Panasonic 12v dc / 125vac 10a. Now I get repeating single beeps during each cycle. The water is still cold. ELECTROLUX people do you have a link to the repair manual with diagnostics and fault codes and re-set procedure

Purchased .

Good dishwasher. Quiet and reliable

I've had this for about 2 years (and actually moved it into a new property as I was happy with it). It's very quiet, washes well and has never caused a problem (even after being moved). The quick cycle (50 mins) does a good job if you don't have time to let it run for the full 2 1/2 hours

Purchased at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Washing breeze

Good dishwasher machine. Easy to use buttons & dial. Heats well and drains well. Recommend this dishwasher for any modern kitchen . Found cycle can be abit long but otherwise good results.

Purchased for $350.00.

Very quiet!

We bought this when we moved into our new house and it was so easy to install - just slide it under the bench, hook up the hose and plug it in. It operates very quietly, so there's no issue with it being on when we are watching TV, etc. It cleans the dishes very well and glasses come out sparkling. Don't overfill the cutlery tray though, or it won't clean properly.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great layout, capacity and capabilities.

Dishwasher is really easy to use. It’s laid out really well, with separate areas on the bottom level for dinner plates, bread plates and bowls. As well as a lot of room on the top rack for glasses. The top rack is also adjustable in terms of its height.

The only negative so far is that the normal cycle takes over 2 hours to run.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Worst dishwasher I’ve owned

This dishwasher has a terrible internal layout and configuration. On the top shelf the outside rows for glasses have an angled base so my mugs don’t sit well and are unsteady during the wash cycle. The majority of the bottom plate separators are too narrow to fit even smaller plates so I have to double space them or they don’t wash clean. What a terrible design! There is also no flexibility to move the cutlery basket to fit in larger items. This is a real review from a real customer who is very disappointed with the brand and my purchase.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Reliable and easy to use

We’ve had one of these for 3 years at our rental property, and just bought another one for our house because it is such a great dishwasher!! There is a great range of settings and all of them work really well depending on what you want, ranging from 15 min rinse to 2hrs 45mins. The 2hr eco setting is the default when you turn it on, which is great because we found it’s the best, so you just push the on button and then the start button, so easy!!! We throw everything in there, including really dirty or burnt pots and pans, with minimal or no rinsing and we rarely get any food bits left inside, and it cleans so well. The filter down the bottom is really easy to take out and clean, although most stuff just seems to go down the drain so we rarely have to clean it.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Will not buy Westinghouse again ever!

Started having issues just after the warranty had lapsed with the heat element going. We bought this brand as we thought they were reliable so were surprised when it went so soon.
Customer Care advised that they would pay for the
part but we would have to pay one hundred and forty five dollars labour which is still a significant cost seeing we only paid for it not long ago.
If you want a product that is going to last don't buy this product or expect Customer Care to fix any issues even if it's just out of warranty.
We will be taking it further as a dishwasher should last longer than this has without further costs to us.
Do not buy this dishwasher if you are looking for quality. We will avoid buying Westinghouse again.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Dissapointed

I have found this dishwasher to be disappointing in a couple of aspects.
Firstly, plastic doesn't dry at all and I have to hand dry it. I have never had this problem with previous dishwashers.
Secondly the bottom basket runs off the track every single time. It can be quite exasperating and hard on the old back getting it back on track especially when it's full of dishes.
Having said that it does clean well and is nice and quiet.
At this stage I would not buy this brand again.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Best dishwasher I've owned

This is my third dishwasher and the best one I've owned. Had for almost a year and havent encountered any problems. Cleans everything well, never had to rewash anything and I don't rinse before placing items in it. Top shelf wash has come in handy, wash options are practical. It's super quiet, have open plan living and can't hear it when it's operating, doesn't interfere when watching TV. The door is solid , doesn't buckle if you push on it and I think that's what helps to make it quiet.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

My kitchen looks amazing with this dishwasher

This is the best dishwasher, I've ever owned , washers the dishers perfectly. Easy to use, very straight forward.
I'm very impressed with my purchase ,and as a bonus it makes my kitchen standout with all my other white appliances . It comes with not one but two utility baskets, Westinghouse even through in $100 worth of Finish products. I'm still waiting to receive them. Thank you Westinghouse

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Very happy

We are very happy with our new dishwasher. It is very quiet and efficient. I like having the 3 cutlery baskets and only using what I need, leaving space for other things. It is also handy being able to raise the top tray when I have tall things on the bottom tray. The angles of the top tray at one end are impractical and limiting, but otherwise it's easy to pack. It's also very easy to use, and cleans really well.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

wash very well but I cannot fit in flat plates

I found this dishwasher in the house I bought quite recently that was fully renovated. The dishwasher was purchased in August 2017. I was the only one that used it. The dishwasher cleans very well all the dirt from plates and also the plastic lunch boxes. I was very impressed about it. However I was very disappointed to discover that I cannot fit in normal flat plates (regular size). If placed vertically they collide with the rotating water jet. I have to lay them horizontally with less available space for anything else.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Never again

i bought this machine almost 6 months ago and it has never once given me a load that does not have at least 2, if not several items that are filthy. Ive had it checked by two different technicians who cant find anything wrong with it. One tried replacing the heat pump to see if that would help. It didnt. It frequently does not dissolve the tablets. When it does, the granulues stick to the insides of cups etc. It has never once cleaned a pot properly, no matter how much i pre-rinse. My husband and i jokingly refer to it a a dish wetter, as opposed to a dish washer because that is really all it does. I havent bothered to call the company, i know from experience that it is a waste of time that i dont have. My advice is DO NOT buy this brand. i have a westinghouse fridge that was made in Aus, it is over 15 years and has never missed a beat. I guess as the company went off shore, so did any semblance of quality.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Jac, Catherine from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the dishwasher . If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Catherine . Thanks, Catherine

Very convenient dishwasher

Love our Westinghouse dishwasher. The different cycle options, including the quick cycle are so handy on busy days. The delayed start is great to ensure it cleans when I am out of the house. It is quiet while running. Occasionally it leaves the dishes still wet, and we have had it not drain like it was clogged, but this was resolved with an extra rinse cycle. The dishes are left clean and ready to eat off! This was installed with our new house build, and looks great in white.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Stopped working within months

This dishwasher was installed in my new home and stopped working within months. A technician came out and determined that the dishwasher would just be replaced but the time between it breaking and being replaced was two weeks. I'm glad that it was replaced however having to do extra washing up with a newborn is not something that was particularly easy

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Great Dishwasher

We are very satisfied after having our dishwasher just over a year, looks great and modern in our kitchen. I mostly use the eco setting which really saves on power. we always rinse dishes before putting them in so there is not too much grime building up int he dishwasher, I run a clean cycle through it now and then, never had any issues with it whatsoever

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Does the job

This dishwasher does the job without a fuss. I do find it to be louder than our old Simpson dishwasher but it has plenty of room to fit dirty dishes. I also like all of the different settings you can use and the digital screen which shows the time remaining is terrific!

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Washes very well and easy to operate

Great dishwasher washed dishes really well even on short cycles which is surprising. Previously had ASKO and this was horrible so very pleased that the Westinghouse at a fraction of the price does a better job. The only suggestion that would make this 5 star would be to put the buttons inside the door as this way kids can turn them off :)

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Love love love my new dishwasher

After never owning a dishwasher before the thing that drew me to it was its modern design & cutlery tray. Its also very roomy inside & you can fit a variety of large items in the bottom. I love how it has an ECO option which I always use. I love how I can pop all the dishes in & press 2 buttons & away I go to do more important things with my time. I don't know how I lived without a dishwasher for so long. Would highly recommend the trusted brand that has been around since I was a child.

Date PurchasedJan 2015