Westinghouse WSF6608 Series

• Internal Layout
Jess34
Jess34Sydney, NSW

Good features at a good price

Date PurchasedDec 2017
maria
mariaSydney

Good Dishwasher

Compact dishwasher good clean not suitable for big or cooking pot realised the top rack is height adjustable in case you have a big plate. It's 3 stars rating. Have couple of options like rinse, eco, heavy program. Down side is the wire where you place the plates can drop if the plate is too heavy

Date PurchasedAug 2016
jaya36
jaya36SA, 5169

I want to buy 3, so they'll last my lifetime!

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Westinghouse WSF6608 Series compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Error Code F5 - Inadequate Water Supply - possible solution

Date PurchasedNov 2013
mwatson
mwatsonHunter Region, NSW

Works well

Having researched dishwasher's on product review we decided to purchase this make and model for our investment property. It looks really nice and it has great wash options. Our tenant loves how quiet it is to run and she say's she has to listen to see if it has finished it cycle. Very happy with our choice.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Vicki S.
Vicki S.Melbourne, Victoria

Good, but hard to fit everything in

LaneHunter Region, NSW

Defective Product from delivery

Purchased late last month from Harvey Norman been sitting in garage boxed up. Read lots of reviews great value for money, adjustable dish racks, cutlery basket, dishwasher tablets etc. We waited for our kitchen upgrade to be completed and floors, when installer almost finished the job today, I asked why scratches on it fro top to bottom? On closer inspection also has steel code pin print stamp all on the front door of dishwasher lots of other small indentations and scratches. How in the hell did this get through Quality Control Westinghouse who makes such rubbish and allows for the unit to be sent out for purchase?

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Lane

Worst dishwasher I have ever had!

Every since it was purchased, we have had continual F5 faults (so called water pressure issues). Never had this problem with past dishwashers and there are no issues with water pressure at my home. Unable to have a shower or flush the toilet while the dishwasher is on. Dishwasher looks nice, but operationally it is a dismal failure. Spoke to service centre a number of times and all they are interested in is telling you that if they come out and there is no issue we will be charged rather than focusing on what the problem may be. Absolutely regret buying the dishwasher and would not recommend it or the aftermarket service process to anybody.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hawkd
HawkdMelbourne

Great very happy with the clean .

I don't know about other reviewers, I love this machine, I've had it for 3 weeks, dishes come out sparkling clean and dry each time, I use the fairy platinum tablets, took a lil to learn to stack but now I'm a pro,

Would recommend to people for sure! :)

OK but has design flaws

Has the potential to be a great dishwasher as very quiet, effectively cleans dishes and looks great, except for the one big design flaw....it doesn't fit in standard size dinner plates. I have Maxwell Williams White Basic crockery set which is apparently a standard size (27 cm) but they didn't fit. I had to remove the very useful cutlery tray and raise the upper basket. It means I now need to use the alternative cutlery basket on the bottom basket, but there is no space for it. The manual shows a spot where it is meant to sit, but in reality this place doesn't exist. I have to wedge it onto the tines which means the basket sits at an angle. Poorly designed. I recommend you take your plates with you to check it out before purchasing!!

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse
Nbel12

Hi Rumana, I did actually call customer care when I noticed the issues and before I submitted this review. There was nothing they could do.

JTO
JTOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it!

Love this dishwasher. I've had many brands over the years & this is the first Westinghouse appliance I have purchased. I have to say I am impressed. It is the quietest dishwasher I have had, that when running I don't hear it from the other room or while sleeping. The dishes come out super clean and dry! My previous dishwashers would never dry the dishes. And I absolutely love the cutlery tray at the top. This is a genius idea. No more cutlery holder taking up space at the bottom of the dishwasher and bits of food not washed. Did I mention the ease of grouping your cutlery and putting it away. Love it!

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Adam
AdamMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very angry my standard dishes don't fit

What a rort. My new dishwasher doesn't fit standard dishes. I will never buy anything from this company again. Beyond angry. I want a refund not on only the machine but the $130 to install and $49 delivery. Don't buy the dishwasher you will be disappointed it can't do the basic of chores and clean a normal size dinner plate.

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse
Jack
JackSydney, NSW

Fantastic! Cutlery draw is a huge time saver

Bought this from Harvey Norman in July 2017. Great unit that performs well.
Loving the cutlery tray at the top which has become a real time saver.
Often use the shorter cycle and it cleans just as well.
Super quiet machine too, especially compared to older unit it replaced.
Would recommend to others looking for affordable but decent options.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Great but dishes dont fit

Before buying this dishwasher I did so much research so I'm disappointed that my dinner plates wont fit in any of the lower racks, other than this - its terrific. Very quiet, easy to operate, excellent programs and I love the upper cutlery drawer. The price we got the dishwasher for was amazing too.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

It is decent

it has enough room and settings but only sometimes when used tablets the soap is left on dishes. I need to re wash it under tap to remove extra soap.

When used with correct settings and not too crowded gives best results.

non stick and aluminum utensils should not be used. they change the color of these utensils.

Date PurchasedDec 2013

Janelle H
Janelle Hasked
WSF6608 Series

My WSF6608 dishwasher has residual water left in bottom only had installed by new kitchen installers a few months and rarely used is this normal

Fiona Millar

Yes. You need to clean out the filter at the bottom. It’s a crap dishwasher and you need to rinse everything before putting it in to prevent this.

Andrew W.
Andrew W.asked
WSF6608 Series

I have an F9 error coming up. I heard a pop sound and smell of smoke. Only 3 years old so not sure if it’s worth fixing or whether there is a recall on this model. How much to fix?

Fiona Millar

Contact the customer care team, see if they can help? F9 is a faulty divertor valve if that helps at all?

Garyasked
WSF6608 Series

When you select a program can it be retained for use every time you turn it on?

JulesFP
JulesFP

I didn't know that you could do this but discovered that you can, it's on p8 of the instruction book. 1. Select the program that you want to select using the PROGRAM button. 2. Add suitable options (extra rinse etc) if you want any. 3. Press PROGRAM and DELAY buttons together and it will be saved. 4. When you want to use your favourite program press PROGRAM button for three seconds and it will select your favourite program. So now we know!

Gary

Thanks JulesFP, one question, where is the Delay button?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Ring Westinghouse

See all Westinghouse WSF6608 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse WSF6608 Series

Compare all 4 Westinghouse WSF6608 Series
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,199.00$1,149.00$1,009.00$1,109.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 1515
Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Water Consumption13.5 L/wash13.5 L/wash
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Energy Consumption294 kWh per year294 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFront
Maximum Noise Level45 db45 db
Number of Programs88
Dimensions 850 x 598 x 598 mm850 x 598 x 598 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishDark Stainless SteelStainless SteelWhiteStainless Steel
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 4 Westinghouse WSF6608 Series