Westinghouse WSF6608 Series

• Internal Layout
Paul

PaulMelbourne

Overpriced for an average dishwasher

The drying feature doesn't work at all. Had a Westinghouse technician come out who said we have to use one teaspoon of powder and to only use it on the heavy setting. Made no difference so I'm waiting for it to die so I can buy something half the price that works properly.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman for $699.00.

Gra

GraWollongong

Not heating at the first time we use with this brand new machine

We bought this machine and it indicates F8 error at the first time we use, we checked the user book, shows F8 means not heating, all lights flashing, dishes were wet. Also, the top shelf for the cutlery is useless, forks are still oilly after washed. How disappointed about it. Now we are thinking about replacement or refund from the seller.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

OK but has design flaws

Has the potential to be a great dishwasher as very quiet, effectively cleans dishes and looks great, except for the one big design flaw....it doesn't fit in standard size dinner plates. I have Maxwell Williams White Basic crockery set which is apparently a standard size (27 cm) but they didn't fit. I had to remove the very useful cutlery tray and raise the upper basket. It means I now need to use the alternative cutlery basket on the bottom basket, but there is no space for it. The manual shows a spot where it is meant to sit, but in reality this place doesn't exist. I have to wedge it onto the tines which means the basket sits at an angle. Poorly designed. I recommend you take your plates with you to check it out before purchasing!!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Nbel12

Hi Rumana, I did actually call customer care when I noticed the issues and before I submitted this review. There was nothing they could do.

Freestanding Dishwashers

Find out how Westinghouse WSF6608 Series compares to other Freestanding Dishwashers

Martin MSydney, NSW

Works great for 6 months; and then suddenly flooded my kitchen & living room!

Date PurchasedSept 2016
Martin M

We wish we had bought a bosch!!!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020
Lizzy b

Lizzy bSydney, NSW

Do not buy this dishwasher if you own wine glasses

While this machine washes and dries adequately (the latter marginal though), the lay out Is terrible. I cannot believe it got past initial factory quality control. The cutlery tray is completely unuseable as there is not nearly enough space. If you want to put even average size dinner plates then the top drawer needs to be on top setting and is then too high to wash wine glasses. I am not fussy (see my couple of other reviews) but I am very disappointed I bought this dish washer. I sincerely cannot believe how terrible it is.

Not happy

Not happybrisbane

Terrible Layout

We are happy with the overall running of the machine however the layout is terrible. Don't waste your money in upgrading to get the cutlery tray as when you use that you can't even fit a normal size glass in it -- (forget about wine glasses, no chance). When the middle tray is on the lower setting (so the glasses can fit in), normal size plates stop the spray arms going around. The only option to stack the dishwasher is to get rid of the cutlery tray, which we paid over $100 more for. I would have thought that Westinghouse would have come up with a better layout seeing as they have been in business for so long. Not happy. Definitely won't be recommended this dishwasher.

Not Happy With Size

I have Just bought the WSF6608W I spent a little more and got the better of the 2 models because I thought the cutlery draw would be handy well DON"T waist your money. we have had to remove the cutlery draw at the top because if you want to fit any decent size glasses in the top it won't fit with the cutlery draw. So I am very disappointed with it. not a dishwasher for a big family that's for sure.

I wanted to like it

Rebecca Cook
Rebecca Cook

There's not really much to discuss. Unless you're offering a full refund? I just want to warn others not to make the same mistake I did. Save your money and keep looking at other machines people.

Freestanding Dishwashers

tania

taniaDarwin

Doesn't dry & utterly difficult to stack on middle shelf

Had for a month. First one I've owned and purchased new from Harveys. As stated, very poor drying power. Even if you do open doors as soon as cycle finished. Racks at the side of the middle shelf are a big nuisance! For anything small enough to warrant the need for these irritating additions would surely fit on the cutlery drawer so are just a hindrance as you need to move them out of the way easier every time you want to stack something there. Only good thing about this unit is that it is super quiet. That is all. I wish I'd gone single drawer F&P that I used while staying with my mother in laws. It was fab.

MichaelT

MichaelTNewcastle

Not happy, poor dishwasher and backup parts.

Looked into the product and read reviews, had in the past purchased SMEG however, the reviews were favourable. The Westinghouse arrived on time however the very first day/night it broke down. The tech came out and had to replace "the board", so a new dishwasher sat idle for two weeks, one week broken awaiting agent to arrive and inspect, then another a week for the part to arrive from South Australia. After a further two months the dishwasher has again broken down, this time a faulty on/off switch and again a further weeks wait to get the part in. The whole purchase has left sour taste in my mouth with Westinghouse. How can a new machine have so my faults?

I feel ripped off

Sally1

I forgot to mention, I had my good quality leftover onion and tomato keepers melted down and deformed just in the first month; I can't remember an experience so harrowing as that before with my previous dishwashers.

See all Westinghouse WSF6608 Series reviews

Janelle H

Janelle Hasked

WSF6608 Series

My WSF6608 dishwasher has residual water left in bottom only had installed by new kitchen installers a few months and rarely used is this normal

Fiona Millar

Yes. You need to clean out the filter at the bottom. It’s a crap dishwasher and you need to rinse everything before putting it in to prevent this.

Andrew W.

Andrew W.asked

WSF6608 Series

I have an F9 error coming up. I heard a pop sound and smell of smoke. Only 3 years old so not sure if it’s worth fixing or whether there is a recall on this model. How much to fix?

Fiona Millar

Contact the customer care team, see if they can help? F9 is a faulty divertor valve if that helps at all?

Garyasked

WSF6608 Series

When you select a program can it be retained for use every time you turn it on?

JulesFP
JulesFP

I didn't know that you could do this but discovered that you can, it's on p8 of the instruction book. 1. Select the program that you want to select using the PROGRAM button. 2. Add suitable options (extra rinse etc) if you want any. 3. Press PROGRAM and DELAY buttons together and it will be saved. 4. When you want to use your favourite program press PROGRAM button for three seconds and it will select your favourite program. So now we know!

Gary

Thanks JulesFP, one question, where is the Delay button?

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Ring Westinghouse

See all Westinghouse WSF6608 Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse WSF6608 Series

Compare all 4 Westinghouse WSF6608 Series
CategoryFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding DishwashersFreestanding Dishwashers
Price (RRP) $1,199.00$1,149.00$1,009.00$1,109.00
FeaturesChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining DisplayChild Lock, Cutlery Rack, Eco Mode/Wash, Foldable Racks, Half-Load Option, Height-Adjustable Upper Rack and Time Remaining Display
Number of Place Settings 1515
Water Rating4.5 star(s)4.5 star(s)
Water Consumption13.5 L/wash13.5 L/wash
Energy Rating3.5 star(s)3.5 star(s)
Energy Consumption294 kWh per year294 kWh per year
Control Panel Position FrontFront
Maximum Noise Level45 db45 db
Number of Programs88
Dimensions 850 x 598 x 598 mm850 x 598 x 598 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishDark Stainless SteelStainless SteelWhiteStainless Steel
ManualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manualDownload manual
Compare all 4 Westinghouse WSF6608 Series