Westinghouse WSF6608X / WSF6608W

Westinghouse WSF6608X / WSF6608W

WSF6608X (Stainless) and WSF6608W (White)

Older model, but reliable

Recently purchased this on sale from Good Guys.

The unit washes dishes well, runs quietly and washes quickly. A few people have mentioned that it doesn’t fit full size dishes. There are handles on the top rack which makes it adjustable to fit larger size plates on the bottom. Also has a separate cutlery rack.

I got it on sale for $700 so it was a cheap unit without being cheap.

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $702.00.

Noise Level

Awesome product

Cleans well, great price and very easy to install.
I would recommend this product to everyone.
Customer service was great and no question was to stupid.
Would buy again in this brand.
They deliver too.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for $700.00.

Noise Level
Internal Layout

Useless

Replaced our old dishwasher with this from the good guys after being told by salesman it was fantastic
Our plates (standard size dinner plates) dont fit in the bottom drawer without the rotor hitting them now own a $899 washer that is useless to our family

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for $899.00.

Internal Layout

Lean Mean Cleaning Machine

This dishwasher is a machine, we often put plates in straight after meals, they can sometimes sit there for most of the day before the dishwasher is turned on. The dishwasher has a variety of cycles that range from a basic 30mins - a heavy 2hours 45mins which always leaves our dishes sparkling clean.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Entirley Dissatisfied

After having an Asko machine up until this purchase, I now understand how spoilt we have been. After 17 years from new the poor old thing still cleaned perfectly whilst falling down around itself. What a gem!
After reading all the reviews etc, decided on this model. BAD MISTAKE! Have persevered with this useless underperforming piece of crap.
The bottom drawer unless perfect will derail.
Despite trying every cycle and multiple brands of tabs-rinse aids, it does not clean as it should.
It will not dry as it claims.
Push start, and again and again. There we go!
Utter disappointment.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi, Marina from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your Westinghouse dishwasher. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina. Thanks Marina

This dishwasher is the best

I think this is the best dishwasher I am a big Electrolux/Westinghouse fan, all there goods are great quality, the top cutlery tray is a handy function you can use it or don't have to. the settings have a wide range depending on how dirty your dishes are, mine seem to dry perfectly everytime. big fan of this model Westinghouse

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Not heating at the first time we use with this brand new machine

We bought this machine and it indicates F8 error at the first time we use, we checked the user book, shows F8 means not heating, all lights flashing, dishes were wet. Also, the top shelf for the cutlery is useless, forks are still oilly after washed. How disappointed about it. Now we are thinking about replacement or refund from the seller.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi Gra, Rumana from Electrolux here. We are sorry to hear you are experiencing problems with your WSF6608X. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au with reference number 708446 attention Rumana. Thanks, Rumana

Excellent product

I have purchased this product on 30th June 2018 found this product to be a very reliable as I use it daily and have used all the cycles and modes.
I do rinse the dishes first as per every other dishwasher I have used, it is a very quiet unit and often I have to check to see if it is running.
I read many reviews of all of the products on the market and comments relating to high end brands relating to the door alignment a simple fix for less a dollar The build construction on this machine, large number of place settings, the water efficiency and number of cycles is the reason why I purchased the 6608 over the others out there.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Only used it once

Seems okay so far. I think the feature where just the top or bottom drawer can be used is good for small jobs. Talking about drawers why has my dishwasher got a large Sharp logo on the front of the drawer. Is the Westinghouse made by Sharp because, if so, it’s annoying as I am not too pleased with Sharp products.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Geoffrey, Linda from Electrolux here. We would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you regarding your dishwasher. If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Linda, Thanks

It's a very basic dishwasher

Have been using our Westinghouse dish washer for a while now and have to admit at first it seemed on the cheap side with very little settings or extras in comparison to other brands we looked at but at the time this was on sale and all we could afford. We've had a few dirty dishes left after washing but again pride was good

Date PurchasedJun 2016

2 month old and having issues already

We recently purchased this Dishwasher from JB-Hi and as of last week we are getting a F2 error and water wont drain out. We have checked drains and all the connections and there were no blockers. We are now left without a dishwasher. I have been on a call to the service centre for over 3 days and have been unable to get in touch. After hours and hours of being on hold waiting to be connected the call drops out.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi CJ108, Leslie from Electrolux here. If the issue you have raised is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Leslie? We would really like to try to assist you. Thanks, Leslie

Very poor design

We recently bought this model specifically for the separate cutlery drawer which we now wish we'd never bought! With the cutlery rack at the top, there is not enough space to fit standard size glasses in the second drawer and if you lower the second drawer, you cannot fit standard size plates in the lower drawer.
This is a very badly designed model which is not at all user friendly.
I've sent Westinghouse an email so lets see if I get anything back.
Would definitely NOT recommend this model!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

If I could have given this a negative rating I Would have.

The bottom tray is a nightmare to get in and out. It is extremely frustrating to use. I would not recommend it to anyone. For some reason the tray keeps getting stuck and it is a constant struggle to get the tray in and out with ease. I will not buy this again.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Rinse aid

Good dishwasher. I would purchase again.
Just make sure it always has rinse aid because it plays a critical part in drying the dishes.

Grabbed mine for $599,at Harvey Norman.

Absolutely love that company.
You just have to pick the right store.

Great product worth seeing if they are still available

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Appalling Customer Service and outcome

I purchased a Westinghouse dishwasher in September 2017.

Upon receipt and installation of the dishwasher I noticed that the door was not aligned. One side was in more than the other.

Westinghouse then proceeded to try and replace the dishwasher 3 times, so up until now besides having to wait about 20 – 25 minutes every time I called customer service the service has been ok.

Except for the faulty dishwashers that kept being delivered and not checked properly before they left the warehouse and having to be home for the delivery of faulty items.

After trying 4 dishwashers Westinghouse advised that they would not deliver further dishwashers and would not offer me an upgrade.

I was then offered a store credit from Harvey Norman, for the cost of the dishwasher and the delivery fee. After further discussions I was then offered full refund rather than a store credit.

During all these discussions I also asked for payment for the cost to have a plumber install the new dishwasher that I was going to have to purchase.

After many conversations and an office letter advising that I would go to VCAT they advised that they would not provide me with funds to pay for a plumber to install the new dishwasher - this was today.

I am very disappointed with this outcome and would never recommend Westinghouse or Electrolux.

I am waiting to the speak to the supervisor who has rejected my request for payment for a plumber. I am not hopeful of a good outcome but if I do receive one I will update my post to reflect this.

If I do not receive payment for a plumber then I will be lodging a claim with VCAT, which would be a very disappointing outcome.

What has been difficult about this whole process is the constant back and forth conversations and having to be firm about what I want.. not a good reflection of their customer service and very draining.

Following on from above, I have just been advised that the Service Manager for Victoria will not even take the time to speak to me and has again rejected my claim for the cost of plumber to fit my new dishwasher.

I cannot believe that a Service Manager will not even take the time to speak to a customer when he knows that I am clearly upset and very unhappy with this outcome. To not even take the time to speak to me is appalling. I can only hope that this review is sent to his manager to see how the Service Manager will not even take the time to speak with me.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Good so far

My second Westinghouse dishwasher. This seems to be doing the job well. Quite flexible with how you can place the internal racks. Love that it has its own rack for the cutlery. Only negative is when I pull the bottom rack out and push it back in it doesn't go in straight-away and requires a bit of adjustment or lifting up. Something I can live with. :)

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good features at a good price

I bought this to replace my 6+ year old fisher and paykel dishwasher. It was affordable and had good features like the dry + and the cutlery drawer.
I'm not going to lie, when I first used this I was not happy with it, I kept setting the dry + option and my dishes were not drying properly. I went back and re-read all the reviews on here and found that I had misunderstood the manual and the dry + only works on some settings (heavy and eco). Once I figured that out and used the correct settings it has been drying as expected. It still doesn't dry plastics, but I have not known a dishwasher to so that's fine.
Now to the cutlery drawer... I do like it, it takes a fraction longer to stack because you're placing the cutlery into specified spots, but it works well. It also cleans the spatulas etc very well and they no longer take up space in the other drawers of the dishwasher.
I do think that the middle drawer would benefit from having a middle height setting. The lower setting means I do not have enough space for my plates in the bottom drawer, but the higher option means I can only just fit my large glasses and I can no longer have slightly taller system containers in this drawer. If there was a middle setting I believe this would give enough height for both.
It is pretty quiet but does depend what you are washing e.g. trays etc make it sound louder as the water hits them.
Overall installation was pretty easy and I am pretty happy with my choice, especially for the features included with the price.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Good Dishwasher

Compact dishwasher good clean not suitable for big or cooking pot realised the top rack is height adjustable in case you have a big plate. It's 3 stars rating. Have couple of options like rinse, eco, heavy program. Down side is the wire where you place the plates can drop if the plate is too heavy

Date PurchasedAug 2016

I want to buy 3, so they'll last my lifetime!

This is the best! My mum has one, and I was determined to have it.

I don't know why some other reviews say their plates don't fit, I have 28cm plates, and they all fit just fine, without removing racks.

I love the cutlery tray at the top - every machine should have one as standard, it makes so much sense. It cleans really well, and the options for dry/no dry, extra rinse, hygiene/high temp setting etc are just brilliant.

So is the half load option, top or bottom tray. You can put the breakfast dishes in the top to wash as you pack the car for your holidays - they're done quickly, and you can enjoy without thinking about dirty cups, or having had to get up earlier so as to have time for handwashing.

All the cycles clean well, and it totally craps on my old machine.

Can't say enough about how easy it was to install and get going. Easy to clean, easy to use.

And it's soooo quiet!

Honestly, the best dishwasher I have ever had or seen.

Thanks Westinghouse (Electrolux!)

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Error Code F5 - Inadequate Water Supply - possible solution

We also had issues with error code F5 since purchase. Our machine is raised up similar to a wall oven so you don't have to bend down to load or empty it. This puts the drain point of the machine at a higher level than the drain point that it is connected to on sink s-bend. I pulled the machine apart and found no object blocking the system, it would go through the majority of cycle then stop. The manual has a picture that the drain pipe must be raised at the rear of the machine (approx half way up). This is important as the drain pipe as it comes out of the machine has a frog flap (non return valve) and if the pipe is not raised then the system drains all of the water from the machine similar to a siphon and therefore causes an inadequate supply of water. Raise the pipe the machine pumps out what it needs then the balance of water stays in the system and continues with its cycle. I have held the drain pipe up with some cord at the rear of the machine and it now works perfectly.

Date PurchasedNov 2013

can the top cover be removed to make sure the dishwasher will fit under bench. I have just on 850mm height to play with but want to make sure it fits. the old ASKO they took the top cover off top make it fit

Is there anyone out there who has anything positive to say on the WSF6608X. I have just ordered one of these. Cheers Sandra
Just make sure you measure your dinner plates I loved the thought of having the cutlery basket at the top saves more bending haha, but unfortunately can't as the dinner plates on the second shelf make it impossible, wish I knew this before I purchased.Thanks for your comments, I have now received my dishwasher and when I put my dinner plates (which are 28cm in diameter) n the bottom basket, shock horror came over me, the spray arm did not clear the top of my plates, so I had read when doing some research on dishwashers before buying, that the top basket could be adjusted up in a higher position, which I did by reading in the manual of how to do it, it gave me enough clearance plus 4cm more to spare, so I would be able to fit easily 30cm size plates in the bottom basket. Give it a go! However this does make the top basket more shallow, hence long stemmed glasses etc, have to be placed on an angle to be washed. Must admit my last westinghouse dishwasher that lasted me 17 years was a much better layout, so sometimes the new models are not always an improvement. However we have now got this new machine with the cutlery tray uptop, and. have the drying option, so I suppose I had better learn to love it, and just enjoy it for what it is,

Hi, the powder compartment in our WSF6608 doesn't open during the cycle - the powder remains in the compartment. Does anyone have advice on how the compartment spring is triggered during the cycle? Our dishwasher is less than 2 yrs old and the compartment appears to open and close properly. We are also disappointed with the degree of drying after having previously owned a Bosch dishwasher that dried dishes amazingly well. I've read the other questions here and we've tried different cycles - still experiencing wet dirty dishes after a two-hour-plus cycle! I'd welcome any suggestions - thanks.
Hi, I cant speak for powder as I use a tablet and I never have any issues with that, I suggest you may need it looked at by a technician, not sure if its still under warranty. with drying my favourite setting is the heavy option and the timeframe isn't long at all for this option. maybe worth trying a tablet, make sure you have full rinse aid and use heavy, then let me know if that helps, otherwise you may need to get it looked at.

WSF6608X (Stainless)WSF6608W (White)