Westinghouse WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

Westinghouse WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

MPNs: WTB5400SA and WTB5400SALH

4.4

happycustomer

happycustomerbrisbane

Fridge is in working order

Fridge works well. Great size for family of 4. Keeps fruits, vegetables, food and liquids cool. No leaks. Shelves easy to clean. Overall, no complaints from my side. It's everything I expect from a good decent fridge and freezer combined.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
    Karen

KarenSydney

Love our Westinghouse!

We purchased this fridge when our last one died on Australia Day. This was over ten years ago now, and it’s still going strong!
    Temperature is adjustable and controllable, and keeps all food nice and fresh. Vegetables stay fresh for a long period of time in the crisper.
    Shelves are super easy to clean and remove/move around.

Date PurchasedJan 2007
    mm0311

mm0311Sydney, NSW

Great fridge

I had to replace my previous Westinghouse due to an issue with the compressor, it was 10 years old which is apparently the life of a modern fridge. I looked around and found that I was back with the Westinghouse. I like the way the new model has adjustable shelves on the door, gives great flexibility and you can use the space well. The vegetable crisper is still one of the best on the market as it doesn't lose space with chunky sides that we saw on other fridges.
    It is a simple fridge, no bells and whistles but does exactly what it's supposed to and looks great too. Happy customer.

Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless) compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Geoff_934

Geoff_934AU

Quiet fridge that looks great

Temperature control is easy to operate and the unit maintains the set temp. Our main conce was the noise from fridges. This one is quiet, no gurgling noises or noisy compressor operation. Easy to clean with glass shelves that simply wipe clean with a damp cloth. Lots of storage spaces in door. The ice cube maker in the freezer is a delight to use.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
    Crunchie

Crunchie

Westinghouse Fridge

I have found the temperature to be good over the summer period. I especially like the fruit and veggie compartment as well as the dairy as food seems to stay fresher longer.
    I find it a little noisy, but in saying that I think it is only when it is defrosting.
    Very easy to clean, I just use a damp cloth, and spills are quickly absorbed.

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Marianne

fridge only cools at highest setting

I purchased the WTB 5400SA three days ago. It's noisy whereas I never heard my last fridge that was a different brand. The sides of the fridge are hot to the touch and making the contents of my built in pantry alongside the fridge hot. The freezer door seals do not have much suction and open too easily. My biggest concern is that I have to choose the coolest setting in the fridge to maintain a good temperature for my food. The crisper makes my fruit/veges wet with condensation even when at lowest humidity. I regret making this purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    Westinghouse
    ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse
    Marianne

Thanks Linda. Yes I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this purchase. I will be in touch soon.

Babs

BabsQueensland, 4870

Recently purchased , Value for Money - WTS

Date PurchasedNov 2016
    See all Westinghouse 460L Top Mount reviews

Jason Adams

Jason Adamsasked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

We have had our fridge for 3 years now and have a 5 year extended warranty, however trying to get issues resolved is painful! We have ongoing issues with fruit and veg not lasting longer than 3 days! We have adjusted the temp, crisper humidity levels and still no improvement ! Whilst the shelves etc are good the crisper set up is not functional!

Kevin H.

Kevin H.asked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

If the freezer is working fine but the fridge component is not chilling at all what should we do? We have tried the Quick chill and also increasing the chill temp but still not cooling down.

John Cunningtonasked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

How do I reduce temperature in refrigerator

Garden gnome
    Garden gnome

Hi John, I'm not a refrigerator mechanic just someone who bought a dodgy product from Westinghouse and listed the complaint above when I didn't get satisfaction. Obviously you've played with the thermostat dials and now if your fridge is reasonably new contact the shop where you bought it. If it is outside the 1 year warranty tell them that ACCC (think that's the right body)state that a purchaser can expect the product to perform within the reasonable life of the product. I can't remember whether it's 5, 7, or 10 years for a fridge but you want the shop or Westinghouse to fix it now. All the best but Westinghouse are as slippery as a wet eel when it comes to excuses.

John Cunnington

Great response thank you but as they say we think we have a lemon. There are no thermostats dials I can find to adjust. Thats the main issue. Thanks again. John

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives