Westinghouse WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Westinghouse WTB5400WA (540L, White)

MPNs: WTB5400WA-R and WTB5400WAL

3.4

• Internal Layout

PatSydney, NSW

Fridge not cooling and freezer working tooo much

Freezer working too much but refrigerator not cooling. Was making a loud noise. I turned it off for a few hours and put back on. Purchased 3 years ago so warranty out. Not at all happy with Westinghouse products as Electrolux washing machine purchased at same time has problems too. Previous fridge lasted 16 years. Shame on Westinghouse very poor quality!!!!

Hello Denise
Please call me if possible after 3:15 today
Patricia

My number is 0404138777

wabsterWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Worked OK until 2 years and 5 months old. Then died.

This fridge worked OK for the time we have had it with the usual caveat about the crisper drawer that drives most people who owns nuts. Then at 2 years 5 months old the compressor has died. After I've dealt with an essentially useless 3rd party extended warranty provider I'm making a complaint to the ACCC/Consumer Affairs on the basis that a fridge should have an expected life of greater than this pathetic period of time.

Purchased in August 2017 at Betta Home Living for A$1,049.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
Diana

DianaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Crisper drawer is totally useless !

Purchased in August 2016 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Furniture for A$1,099.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

Find out how Westinghouse WTB5400WA (540L, White) compares to other Top Mount Fridges / Refrigerators

svm

svmIllawarra, NSW

Crisper needs re-designing

I bought this fridge in 2016. It works perfectly except for the crisper. It does not remain on the track and becomes most frustrating to pull out and push back. A serviceman advised that it is a design fault, he regularly replaces them and cannot guarantee that it won't happen again. It was replaced under warranty a yr ago and now has the same problem. Westinghouse is about to replace the WHOLE fridge under warranty. What a waste for the sake of such a basic function in a fridge. Trouble is.. what brand to choose?

Purchased in October 2016 at Harvey Norman for A$1,255.00.

Internal Layout
Household Size 2 person(s)
AliciaMarieV

AliciaMarieVMelbourne

Love it, very quiet and spacious

Easy to clean, non spill shelving, interchangeable shelving and a great veggie draw which keeps produce very fresh. Spacious freezer and very quiet. Has an ice tray which you turn to fill a tray which is handy for summer. Has a draw in the fridge which is great for the cheese and other dairy. Can’t fault this fridge

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Garden gnome

Garden gnomeBelmont

Bad design cheap materials

Having just finished a fight with Westinghouse re a stainless steel fridge that rusted they proved that after sales service doesn't exist and they could care after blaming everything except the standard of the material. Consumer affairs managed to get us a small discount on a new fridge and we bought the above quickly as they only gave us 30 days to take up their miserable offer. We discovered after purchase the crisper drawer is not on rollers but gets dragged across a bumpy plastic track. Needless to say a serviceman said it was a design fault and couldn't be fixed. BUY A WESTINGHOUSE PRODUCT AT YOUR OWN RISK, YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
HeatherBelle

HeatherBelleSandstone Point

Great product

This fridge is a great size for 2 people. Very roomy. The freezer is a good size as long as you don’t buy in bulk. The crisper is annoying pushing it in and out. Quite awkward in motion. Very easy to keep clean and it’s not noisy. It keeps the temperature well balanced.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
anonymous32

anonymous32Sydney, NSW

Can’t complain

The reason I went for this model was value for money....it’s the best size from the brand I like in the money I wanted...it’s massive in size has better power rating from my 7 year old 370L Westinghouse...I still think best is if we have freezers down and refrigerator up....that’s no doubt a much convenient option....the problem is in this money I could get one of those but smaller in size....trade off is you go for bigger size or freezer at bottom...I wanted a bigger size so went for it...

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Denny

Denny

Big capacity - being tall rather than wide is great for a small kitchen

We retired our old Westinghouse after 25 years of reliable service, hope the new one does as well.
I love the click in door shelves and the variety of layout options. There is some noise though not half as bad as the old one. With glass shelving it is easy to clean and with good lighting in fridge easy to see what is stored inside. Freezer compartment works well and holds plenty. The door storage in the freezer is well designed and see through so I don't lose things in there. The crisper drawer is driving me insane, but hoping I'll get the knack of it soon. Overall I am very pleased with this fridge/freezer.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Benny

Benny

Worst crisper draw I have ever used

This fridge's crisper draw is extremely bad. It doesn't slide open at all and has to be lifted off the rails to make it move. It doesn't even appear wide enough to properly fit. It's never properly sealed which makes humidity control completely useless. It's unbelievable this got past any kind of quality assurance. It actually looks like they just got a draw from a different model and tried to make it fit.

It is also a very loud fridge. Build quality is nowhere near as good as the older Australian made Westinghouse fridge we had, which unfortunately was replaced under warranty with this inferior model.

On the positive side it does a good job of staying cold even during the hotter months.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Cindy

CindySydney, NSW

Westinghouse is my forever choice fridge

I always trust westinghouse for fridge, I never have problems with this brand.That is why,couple months ago when i wanted to buy a fridge,Westinghouse is till my first choice

It always maintain the good temperature in all the compartments,making all my fruit and vegies fresh all the time

It is easy to clean the inside and the outside.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Sock

SockSydney

Fantastic Fridge from a bulletproof brand.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

SergeBonython 2905, ACT

Nothing but trouble, breaks constantly, very low quality. Dissapointed in Westinghouse.

Bought for very cheap in Harvey Norman Fyshwick on 18/11/2017 for just over $900, seemed like a great purchase, however problems started right away. The crisper would constantly slide off the railings and is really hard to close/open. Placed warranty call, the technician came and fixed, the crisper worked for two days, then became difficult to open/close again. On the weekend the fridge stopped working and the food wouldn't get chilled. All my food went off. Placed a warranty call again, the technician comes to have a look today. Also, the fridge is super loud at night, everything vibrating. I woke up a few times from the noise the fridge was making. Here is the details to verify my purchase: 18/11/17 11:13:25 61 6098737, serial #: 71773510

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Serge

Economical purchase but good quality

This fridge has a good temperature control even in a hottest time in summer this year. Also it is quiet while then compressor is working. In terms of cleaning it is easy to clean mainly as it is frost-free. The freezer is pretty big to have all my purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Gaye

GayeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Nice big fridge

I am very happy with this fridge. It is spacious, has a good sized freezer for 2 people and lots of inner drawers and shelves in the fridge part. It looks good and is efficient. The little freezer drawers are very useful for small ice packs for our little esky.

Date PurchasedAug 2014

opal88

opal88Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Awesome family fridge!

I purchased this fridge to replace a power hungry double door unit which hasn't fit into any kitchen in the past 4 years. Easy to see things,heaps of space and extremely quiet. The freezer would be better if it had a light and the crisper does stick and is sometimes hard to pull out. Overall a great product for a great price!

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Lischa Cohen

Lischa Cohen

It is easy to clean
Easy to pack things into
Heaps quite
And keeps really good temperature
I'm so impressed with this fridge freezer the last one I had lasted 10 yrs and been moved around from house to house and still never missed a beat but after ten years the old thing gave up just like that

Date PurchasedMay 2007
mick

mickSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Crisper Draw

The crisper draw is impossible to operate , had we realised this before purchasing the refrigerator we would not have bought it. We had the previous model for 14 years with out any problems. On going back to the store( the next day) we purchased it from I asked the owner to try opening the crisper on the floor model. He couldn't do it successfully. As a result he has offered to replace the refrigerator with another of our choice.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
nickster

nicksterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pretty good

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Philip

PhilipCanberra

Apparently will not operate in colder areas of Australia

Date PurchasedFeb 2017