Westinghouse 460L Top Mount

Westinghouse 460L Top Mount Questions & Answers

WTB5400WA (540L, White), WTB4600WAR (450L, White, Right), WTB4600WAL (450L, White, Left), etc...

28 questions from our users

Kathyasked

WTB4600WAL (450L, White, Left)

Purchased our fridge January 2019, since we have had the fridge it makes a constant loud buzzing sound, to the point where we get up through the night to quieter it (by pushing in the door) sometimes this quietens its for awhile.

bretann

I haven't had this problem. The only problem I have with this (very ordinary) fridge is the motor seems to running for longer periods than it is off. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer, although as you purchased it over a year ago I suspect you might be outside the warranty period. But try them.

Kathy

Thank you will give that a go!

wabster

Kathy our fridge was making a buzzing sound every few minutes when the compressor died and the starting mechanism was trying to start it. As the air circulation fan was working we thought it odd but didn't realise it wasn't chilling until way too late and our fridge of 29 months died and we lost all the contents.

Ves

Vesasked

Hi,
My fridge light switches off when I open the door bottom door. Once open light will turn on then flickers on and off while door is open.
Can you advise what it may be .

Vesna

bretann

At a guess I would say its a loose connection or the light switch is faulty. If its a relatively new fridge and still under warranty contact the manufacturer

Ingolf

I thought this is a product review. I also have this fridge and if I had a problem I would go to the manufacturer's website or google it. Nobody can repair or fix a fridge by remote control

donald

donaldasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How to you set the temperature of the fridge? Pressing the button on the side does not work.

Marianne

Marianneasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Why is my fridge bipping continuously

wabster

If the door isn't open then that might be the clicking sound we heard on and off for a few days before we realised that the compressor had failed on our 29 month old fridge. If there is a fan running but the fridge isn't chilling that may be what is happening. We were furious that our fridge died 4 months out of warranty in January, and when we finally went to organise a new Westinghouse fridge on February 11th our local Betta store couldn't get us one before the middle of March. And that was before the corona virus dramas in China!

Ingolf

Is it cooling? is it running? without any information nobody can answer this!! Ask Westinghouse ---bought by Electrolux

John Cunningtonasked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

How do I reduce temperature in refrigerator

Garden gnome

Hi John, I'm not a refrigerator mechanic just someone who bought a dodgy product from Westinghouse and listed the complaint above when I didn't get satisfaction. Obviously you've played with the thermostat dials and now if your fridge is reasonably new contact the shop where you bought it. If it is outside the 1 year warranty tell them that ACCC (think that's the right body)state that a purchaser can expect the product to perform within the reasonable life of the product. I can't remember whether it's 5, 7, or 10 years for a fridge but you want the shop or Westinghouse to fix it now. All the best but Westinghouse are as slippery as a wet eel when it comes to excuses.

John Cunnington

Great response thank you but as they say we think we have a lemon. There are no thermostats dials I can find to adjust. Thats the main issue. Thanks again. John

John Cunningtonasked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

how do i increase cols for refrigerator

Refrigerator too hot. How do I adjust

Anne

Anneasked

my fridge alarm keeps beeping - have checked the usual - but all ok no dirt on the seal - doors close ok - not too much food in fridge or freezer - any idea

Chris Brown

Chris Brownasked

The crisper is not wide enough to enable the crisper to run on the runners on both sides. One side is on the runner the other is not.

Garden gnome

It should you've got a dud, typical westinghouse, take it back to where you bought it and demand another crisper drawer. My problem is that it doesn't slide out. Good luck.

Cynthia H

Cynthia Hasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Does anyone have the parts list for this fridge? I need to order a new crisper plastic as our old one is cracked from the door slamming

Janelle H

Janelle Hasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

The crisper draw keeps falling off the runners lately and now the vegetables at the rear of the crisper keep freezing and we get ice and water build up underneath the crisper, although the temperature in the fridge and freezer seem fine. Any ideas as to how to fix this issue?

AliciaMarieV

I’m sorry, I’ve never had this problem! I don’t know anything about how to fix it, you might have to call the manufacturer?
Sorry I can’t be more help

Garden gnome

As I’ve already stated the Westinghouse fridge is a heap of rubbish and in the past they have given me next to no help and don’t even respond we consumer affairs contacted them. The crisper runners are a joke. I contacted Harvey Norman who sent out a technician who shrugged and said it was a design fault but at least it cost them money and if enough people do this they may fix the next model. I haven’t had a freezing problem but the fridge obviously has a fault. Contact the manager where you bought it and demand it is fixed. If they try the ‘ out of warranty’ line consumer affairs state that there is a legitimate and legal obligation for the consumer to expect the product to perform for the expected life of the equipment. I think from memory that was 8 to 10 years for a fridge. Check it out and go get them, be persistent and annoy them frequently until they fix it and don’ forget criticising the shop and Westinghouse on social media. People read those reviews before they buy and they know it. Hope this helps and good luck.

Jane

Janeasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How does one remove front of crisper on model number WBT5400WA for cleaning purposes?

AliciaMarieV

You can just pull it away, super easy!

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Jane,
Julie from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the fridge.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie.
Thanks,
Julie

peggyaus

peggyausasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How do I reset the door alarm on the WTB5400WT model?

Maria

Mariaasked

Why has the light in the fridge won’t come on ? The bulb is fine ,I used it in freezer and it works but not in fridge?

kathy

kathyasked

I have just been sorting out my fridge that we purchased in the last week of June 2108, Westinghouse Frost-Free Model WTB4600WA, 460L. Overall we have been happy with it. But just now it is making an usual spraying sound from inside the fridge at the top back. It sounds like an aerosol can is being squirted or gas is periodically spraying out somewhere. Is this a problem and who should I contact if it is?

anonymous32

I am not sure what it is though it’s I think a usual thing with Westinghouse.....I used to notice on my 8 years old Westinghouse and now on this new Westinghouse as well occasionally....

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Kathy,
Shannan from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse Fridge.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Shannan.
Thanks,
Shannan

AngryMan

AngryManasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

I was looking to buy this model fridge but have these faults been rectified at the factory like having to slam fridge door to shut and the crisper draw????????

anonymous32

Door slam is an inbuilt function depends how you take it it’s not a flaw, the door stops and does not close all the way it self for you to close your self ...it helps when u need to leave the door open and not close automatically though it does have an alarm to remind you close Incase u forget.

Regarding drawer...yes that’s a problem it doesn’t go with single hand you need to push it from both hands to let it go in straight....it’s an issue thought not a decisive factor to not buy this model...

Diana

Dianaasked

WTB4600SA (450L, Stainless)

How do i regulate temperature please?

anonymous32

There is a touch sensor/ button inside on the right with blue led...you keep it pressed and you can change it to high cool and less cool...

Maribel F

Maribel Fasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Bought this fridge jan 2018. The freezer started to beep every night same time. Everything else is ok. Can you please explain?

gerry

gerryasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How do you remove the fridge door if one of the hex screws is inaccessible this located at top hinge located inside the top edge of the door?

Andre G
Andre G

Did you get an answer to this? Need to know myself...

Suecasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Just purchased this fridge last weekend from Harvey Norman in Woodville SA. Very disappointed in the fridge not getting below 5 degrees where it should be 2 degrees. I have rang the store and they told me it would take a few days to cool. Any advise would be appreciated.

Anna B
Anna B

Yes this is the case with the fridge we purchased.

Suec

Anna can I ask if a replacement was offered as I have rung them this morning and they have said they are happy to replace.

Kerry

Kerryasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Hi. We purchased the WTB5400WA in January 2017 so almost 12 months ago & it has been OK with the fridge never really getting as cold as I would like but still satisfactory. In the last 2 weeks the freezer has been getting so cold that it has been icing up & the fridge has almost stopped cooling getting up to 18° on a fridge thermometer. We couldn't slide the setting either in the freezer as it had iced up & stuck so we put warm water on it & eventually got it but it didn't have any effect on the temperature. Our fridge is now set on theach coldest setting but all of our food is going hot. Not sure what to do. Worst fridge we've ever had!!!
Any help?

mick
mick

Sorry I cant help We only had our 540l for a few days but the crisper draw was impossible to use so we exchanged it for another model.
It will still be under warranty so contact the store you purchased it from for their service agent to check, don't let the warranty expire before you do so.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives