Westinghouse 460L Top Mount

Westinghouse 460L Top Mount Questions & Answers

WTB5400WA (540L, White), WTB4600WAR (450L, White, Right), WTB4600WAL (450L, White, Left), etc...

32 questions from our users

Kevin H.

Kevin H.asked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

If the freezer is working fine but the fridge component is not chilling at all what should we do? We have tried the Quick chill and also increasing the chill temp but still not cooling down.

Andreaasked

WTB4600WB (White, Recessed Handle)

I got this fridge 3 days ago and left it on the temperature settings which the installer set. I noticed that ice blocks were only partly frozen and some bread rolls which had been frozen in my previous fridge were no longer completely frozen. I checked the settings and noted that the freezer was set to the middle and the bottom on “less cold”. From the instructions on the door of the freezer it would appear that the freezer should be set to “colder” in winter and less cold in summer. This doesn’t seem logical to me.

Ingolf

and what did the installer set? How? what is your temperature where you are? Darwin 30 degrees ???
Do you have the instructions?
Open the fridge door - on the right you see a panel with the temperature indicator- at the bottom under the LED is a patch with lines - tap it and the lights?leds move up to colder -- you can set to QUICK chill! It will stay there for two hours. Nobody can answer your question without any information - why not call westinghouse? Get thermometer - better two - and put them in the fridge/freezer - only a few dollars to spend

Andrea

I live close to Sydney and it’s winter here 18 degrees C. I did mention in my question that the installer set the freezer to the mid range and the fridge to less cold. I will be calling Westinghouse on Monday at the instructions on the freezer door make no sense. According to the diagram, the freezer should be on less cold in summer and colder in winter!

Bala B.

Bala B.asked

460L Top Mount

the fridge motor is continuosly on. It does not stop. The freezer and the fridge are working well. What is the problem.

bretann

I dont know what the problem is but I would strongly suggest you contact Westinghouse or the company you bought it from before the motor dies, because something is definitely wrong. In my review I said my motor runs for very long periods, mostly at night, but thankfully it eventually stops. I will never buy another Westinghouse pile of junk

Ingolf

I have one too-coolest ever. This is a product review of individual buyers _NOT HOW TO FIX YOUR PROBLEMS.
I cannot hear the motor - are you talking about the fan in the freezer?? ARE your doors closed??? iced up in freezer

John

Johnasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How do I take the doors off

Kathyasked

WTB4600WAL (450L, White, Left)

Purchased our fridge January 2019, since we have had the fridge it makes a constant loud buzzing sound, to the point where we get up through the night to quieter it (by pushing in the door) sometimes this quietens its for awhile.

bretann

I haven't had this problem. The only problem I have with this (very ordinary) fridge is the motor seems to running for longer periods than it is off. Have you tried contacting the manufacturer, although as you purchased it over a year ago I suspect you might be outside the warranty period. But try them.

Kathy

Thank you will give that a go!

wabster

Kathy our fridge was making a buzzing sound every few minutes when the compressor died and the starting mechanism was trying to start it. As the air circulation fan was working we thought it odd but didn't realise it wasn't chilling until way too late and our fridge of 29 months died and we lost all the contents.

Ves

Vesasked

Hi,
My fridge light switches off when I open the door bottom door. Once open light will turn on then flickers on and off while door is open.
Can you advise what it may be .

Vesna

bretann

At a guess I would say its a loose connection or the light switch is faulty. If its a relatively new fridge and still under warranty contact the manufacturer

Ingolf

I thought this is a product review. I also have this fridge and if I had a problem I would go to the manufacturer's website or google it. Nobody can repair or fix a fridge by remote control

donald

donaldasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How to you set the temperature of the fridge? Pressing the button on the side does not work.

Marianne

Marianneasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Why is my fridge bipping continuously

wabster

If the door isn't open then that might be the clicking sound we heard on and off for a few days before we realised that the compressor had failed on our 29 month old fridge. If there is a fan running but the fridge isn't chilling that may be what is happening. We were furious that our fridge died 4 months out of warranty in January, and when we finally went to organise a new Westinghouse fridge on February 11th our local Betta store couldn't get us one before the middle of March. And that was before the corona virus dramas in China!

Ingolf

Is it cooling? is it running? without any information nobody can answer this!! Ask Westinghouse ---bought by Electrolux

John Cunningtonasked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

How do I reduce temperature in refrigerator

Garden gnome

Hi John, I'm not a refrigerator mechanic just someone who bought a dodgy product from Westinghouse and listed the complaint above when I didn't get satisfaction. Obviously you've played with the thermostat dials and now if your fridge is reasonably new contact the shop where you bought it. If it is outside the 1 year warranty tell them that ACCC (think that's the right body)state that a purchaser can expect the product to perform within the reasonable life of the product. I can't remember whether it's 5, 7, or 10 years for a fridge but you want the shop or Westinghouse to fix it now. All the best but Westinghouse are as slippery as a wet eel when it comes to excuses.

John Cunnington

Great response thank you but as they say we think we have a lemon. There are no thermostats dials I can find to adjust. Thats the main issue. Thanks again. John

John Cunningtonasked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

how do i increase cols for refrigerator

Refrigerator too hot. How do I adjust

Anne

Anneasked

460L Top Mount

my fridge alarm keeps beeping - have checked the usual - but all ok no dirt on the seal - doors close ok - not too much food in fridge or freezer - any idea

Chris Brown

Chris Brownasked

460L Top Mount

The crisper is not wide enough to enable the crisper to run on the runners on both sides. One side is on the runner the other is not.

Garden gnome

It should you've got a dud, typical westinghouse, take it back to where you bought it and demand another crisper drawer. My problem is that it doesn't slide out. Good luck.

Cynthia H

Cynthia Hasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Does anyone have the parts list for this fridge? I need to order a new crisper plastic as our old one is cracked from the door slamming

Janelle H

Janelle Hasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

The crisper draw keeps falling off the runners lately and now the vegetables at the rear of the crisper keep freezing and we get ice and water build up underneath the crisper, although the temperature in the fridge and freezer seem fine. Any ideas as to how to fix this issue?

AliciaMarieV

I’m sorry, I’ve never had this problem! I don’t know anything about how to fix it, you might have to call the manufacturer?
Sorry I can’t be more help

Garden gnome

As I’ve already stated the Westinghouse fridge is a heap of rubbish and in the past they have given me next to no help and don’t even respond we consumer affairs contacted them. The crisper runners are a joke. I contacted Harvey Norman who sent out a technician who shrugged and said it was a design fault but at least it cost them money and if enough people do this they may fix the next model. I haven’t had a freezing problem but the fridge obviously has a fault. Contact the manager where you bought it and demand it is fixed. If they try the ‘ out of warranty’ line consumer affairs state that there is a legitimate and legal obligation for the consumer to expect the product to perform for the expected life of the equipment. I think from memory that was 8 to 10 years for a fridge. Check it out and go get them, be persistent and annoy them frequently until they fix it and don’ forget criticising the shop and Westinghouse on social media. People read those reviews before they buy and they know it. Hope this helps and good luck.

Jane

Janeasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How does one remove front of crisper on model number WBT5400WA for cleaning purposes?

AliciaMarieV

You can just pull it away, super easy!

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Jane,
Julie from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the fridge.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Julie.
Thanks,
Julie

peggyaus

peggyausasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How do I reset the door alarm on the WTB5400WT model?

Maria

Mariaasked

460L Top Mount

Why has the light in the fridge won’t come on ? The bulb is fine ,I used it in freezer and it works but not in fridge?

kathy

kathyasked

460L Top Mount

I have just been sorting out my fridge that we purchased in the last week of June 2108, Westinghouse Frost-Free Model WTB4600WA, 460L. Overall we have been happy with it. But just now it is making an usual spraying sound from inside the fridge at the top back. It sounds like an aerosol can is being squirted or gas is periodically spraying out somewhere. Is this a problem and who should I contact if it is?

anonymous32

I am not sure what it is though it’s I think a usual thing with Westinghouse.....I used to notice on my 8 years old Westinghouse and now on this new Westinghouse as well occasionally....

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Kathy,
Shannan from Electrolux here.
We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Westinghouse Fridge.
If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Shannan.
Thanks,
Shannan

AngryMan

AngryManasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

I was looking to buy this model fridge but have these faults been rectified at the factory like having to slam fridge door to shut and the crisper draw????????

anonymous32

Door slam is an inbuilt function depends how you take it it’s not a flaw, the door stops and does not close all the way it self for you to close your self ...it helps when u need to leave the door open and not close automatically though it does have an alarm to remind you close Incase u forget.

Regarding drawer...yes that’s a problem it doesn’t go with single hand you need to push it from both hands to let it go in straight....it’s an issue thought not a decisive factor to not buy this model...

Diana

Dianaasked

WTB4600SA (450L, Stainless)

How do i regulate temperature please?

anonymous32

There is a touch sensor/ button inside on the right with blue led...you keep it pressed and you can change it to high cool and less cool...

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives