Westinghouse 460L Top Mount

Westinghouse 460L Top Mount Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

WTB5400WA (540L, White), WTB4600WAR (450L, White, Right), WTB4600WAL (450L, White, Left), etc...

27 questions from our users

Lisa

Lisaasked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

I have just bought a 540L WTB5404SA Westinghouse 1 week ago and now I have a flashing light on the interface. The flashing light is next to colder. I have tried to turn the fridge off to re-set the settings but that didn't work. The interface seems to have locked I can't press anything. I have to wait for over a week for a service due to not being able to be at home because of work. Any suggestions on why the light is flashing? Very disappointed considering the fridge is only 1 week old

percy
percy

I mam sorry that you have this problem, Lisa..but cannot help you, not being technically skilled...no consolation to you but I have not experienced anything similar,,,Hope everything goes well, regards,

Kraftie
Kraftie

Hi Lisa, So sorry to hear of this fault. I'm no tech and bear in mind it is still under warranty.
You say that you have turned the fridge off and on. Like all things now it's all electronic, so on the rh side are the settings.
tap the bottom one until it returns to the first light, then if the light is still flashing tap it again to see if it goes out.
This is setting the fridge colder as lights go upwards. If it still has a flashing light then try the on off again,but this time pull the plug out of the wall socket for say about half an hour and open the fridge door for a few seconds to drain what energy is left in the unit. Then put the plug back in and turn the fridge on, wait for a few mins then open the door and see if the light still flashes if not then it has reset itself. If it still flashes then it's ring the tech number and report it pronto.
REMEMBER this is only a guide and reminding you that the fridge is still under warranty.
Plus maybe go back to the store you bought from, I'm sure that they will only be to glad to help you.
Lastly if you could reply back here when all is fixed stating the remedy, that way others will be aware of what the trouble was.
Hope that this helps you with your problem.

Honda Jazz
Honda Jazz

Sorry Lisa, I never have this issue? can't give you tips. Good luck!!

Not happy Kate

Not happy Kateasked

WTB4600WAR (450L, White, Right)

I have a brand new this model fridge delivered this morning. We waited 4 hours as instructed before turning on it has now been on for 6 hours and is not cold at all. Is there something I have missed to do.

Masterchef

turn to page 18 of the manual it can be a bit tricky doing the setting I eventually got mine right on the mid setting 3 blue lights illuminate and stay on till you change to a colder setting. give me the old dial setting cold, mid and colder inside fridges any day much simpler than these Electronic controls. try putting a thermometer inside the fridge to test. I have had my fridge for 1 year and it is going really well. hope this helps a bit.

Masterchef

Hi Kate, I have checked the inside of my fridge with a thermometer and is a cool 2deg on mid setting. Cheers

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Not Happy Kate,
Marina from Electrolux here.
If the issue you have raised with your new Westinghouse WTB4600 is still not resolved at this time, can you please email me your contact details at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Marina.
We would really like to try to assist you.
Thanks,
Marina

Nick

Nickasked

WTB4600WAR (450L, White, Right)

Hi , we bought a WTB4600WAR less than a month ago and for the past 2 days the deep freezer is not cooling at all to the point that my frozen goods are all melting, I have adjusted the temperature controls but no improvements.
Please Help.

Stevo

Hi there. The only advice i can suggest is to check and make sure that the air flow vents in the rear inside of the freezer box (there are four, almost one in each corner) don't have food pushed up against them, which of course would restrict vital airflow. Otherwise it may be a dealer assist problem. best of luck with that.

Kriss
Kriss

I would call the place of purchase and tell them your issues and take it in for an exchange. Im living with my fridge after experience this issue and defrosting the whole unit it now sounds like a motorbike in the kitchen for Pretty much half the day i lost the warranty so am stuck with it until i can sort it out i think we just bought a dodgy fridge Westinghouse never again

Marianne

This fridge should be taken off the market in my opinion. The problems that you're having Nick with the freezer are similar to the problems I am having with the fridge. I have to keep my fridge at the coolest possible setting (coldest) to have it work properly otherwise it doesn't store my food at ideal temperature. I bought a fridge thermometer and this tells me it's at 4 degrees which I believe is good. The other day it went up to 10 degrees for some reason, then dropped back to 2 degrees but has finally settled to 4 degrees again. I say contact your place of purchase and Westinghouse. I had always thought Westinghouse was a good brand but now I have my doubts as I also have an oven by Westinghouse and that doesn't cook at the right temperature. All I say, is I will never buy Westinghouse in the future.

kathy

kathyasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

Can someone tell me how to adjust the freezer setting? It is supposed to slide but is stuck on the coldest setting and is impossible to move.

Kathy

Marianne

Hi Kathy. My freezer setting just slides across. I'd contact your place of purchase or the manufacturer. I have to keep my fridge setting at the coldest setting otherwise it doesn't get cold enough. Do you have the same problem? I wish I'd never bought this product. I don't like it. All my ice and water stinks as well. I never had that problem in my old fridge. Plus it's noisy, my old fridge was quiet. I guess there's nothing I can do now. I hope you get your switch sorted soon.

Stevo

Hi Kathy. The only time my control slide was "Frozen" in position, it was exactly that! Because my doors were constantly being left ajar, the internals at the back of the ice box were frozen solid. There was no fan forced air coming out of the top and bottom vents on the right hand side, and minimal air flow from the left hand side. What worked for me was to empty the freezer contents into another freezer(not always convenient i know) and with the unit switched off, placing two big pots of hot water inside and shut the freezer door. I had to repeat this twice before the control slide was defrosted enough to move freely once more.So far, this has not happened since.I am now able to leave the setting at about 80% . The frig cabinet itself was able to remain closed for the 3-4 hours it took to free up the slide, without any loss of foodstuff. Hope this helps. P.S. Don't forget to turn the unit back on.

Vanasked

have WTB5400WA, i like to know how many degree on the top door when i change to colder? thanks.

Masterchef

I presume you mean the deep freeze just put a simple standard thermometer in and read. You have a 2 door with the freezer on top ?

Hi Van.
I have to keep my fridge to the coldest setting to get it to work at optimum. If I reduce it to mid range or one above that it isn't refrigerating my food cold enough. So at the coldest setting I need to keep it at, it is 2 degrees and when I open the door of the fridge, it goes to 4 degrees. This is the level it should be according to my fridge thermometer. That's why I have to keep it at the coldest setting. Worst fridge I've ever had, shouldn't have to have it at this setting, imagine all my electricity usage!!

Avis

Avisasked

WTB5400SA (540L, Stainless)

Does WTB5400-SAR model has light in the freezer? The light in the fridge is bright and fine. There doesnt appear to be in the freezer. It is dark and frustrating!

Rob D

Unfortunately there is not a light in the freezer and the door also continues to be held open by its cam.

Peezee

Peezeeasked

WTB5400WA (540L, White)

How do I disable the stupid "cam" device on the doors of a Westinghouse WTB5400WA fridge that prevents the doors from closing effortlessly under reliable old gravity? Who was the dumb creature that interfered with a simple, no-extra-parts-required simple hinge that was fail-safe and always closed by itself to now make the door stay open at about 15 degrees until it is manually pushed past the crown of the cam? Does anyone think that they can improve something that works perfectly on its own? Please tell me right now how to remove this "Feature" - S_C_R_E_A_M_! Please don't include it on future models. I won't be buying one if it remains.

Rob D

Despite repeated discussions and pleas with the Westinghouse customer support representative, there has been absolutely no acceptable resolution. The Westinghouse reply was that
1. The non-closing door was a design “feature”, purposely applied and that there was no way it could be made to operate as self closing doors did on previous models;
2. That they were not aware of other complaints on the issue (-- not what an employee said unofficially) ;
3. That the offending cam system would most likely free up, with use, offering less opening/closing resistance; and finally
4. It was also clearly put that any attempt to interfere, change or modify it would invalidate the Westinghouse warranty.

I did ask to receive any modification to remove the cam issues should one become available but, to date, there have been no further contact from Westinghouse nor any improvements in the door operation with use. I would strongly suggest that anyone experiencing the same problems to contact Westinghouse directly as well, requesting confirmation of discussions in writing. Perhaps they might eventually take notice of what customers want rather than what their designers advise in ignorance.
Good Luck!

Not happy Jan

Wish I had known about the door issue before recently purchasing this fridge. What genius came up with that idea!! Or perhaps Westinghouse has shares in the energy companies - I'm dreading the day when I go out for a few hours and the door is open and fridge running because it is not self closing like all other fridges I have ever owned.

Not happy Jan

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives