Westinghouse WVE615S / WVE615W

37 questions from our users

mikeb
mikebasked
WVE615S / WVE615W

how to set time of day clock?

Faypa
Faypa

I actually didn't set the timer on the oven when it was installed, the electrician did it because you need to do it as soon as power is connected to it.

I did find this manual online which might help the way to do it is similar on all models I think. It might not look like the oven you have but from reading it the way to set clocks is the same. also You tube video. I only hope I dont loose power because I too will have to figure it out for myself because you cant use the oven till the clock is set.

Janie
Janieasked
WVE615S

Bought a WVE616 under bench oven, used it for the first time last night, the door stayed cool but the knobs and plate got very hot, is this normal

Sarah C.
Sarah C.asked
WVE615S / WVE615W

Where is the grill handle stored

KitKat
KitKatasked
WVE615S

Does it need to be installed by an electrician?

Rogerasked
WVE615S / WVE615W

I have the westinghouse oven 615 but have no idea how to change the clock time for daylight savings, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Buzzy
Buzzy

It's really simple. There's an online manual.

Matthew A C.
Matthew A C.asked
WVE615S

Does model oven WVE615S HAVE A COOLING FAN. ?

A A.
A A.asked
WVE615S / WVE615W

Hi, we purchased WVE615S back in may this year and have noticed that the heat distribution is not even as we have to rotate the food to avoid it cooking more on one side. In order to get the food cooking and browning evenly we need to rotate it.

I called customer care and was advised that there is a $150 call out fee if its not a fault of the product. I would assume its an issue with the product but not willing to risk it, as a pensioner, I cant afford to pay $150 if it isn't. Very disappointed

Roderick F.
Roderick F.asked
WVE615S / WVE615W

Can’t get oven to heat on any settings
May it be clock settings

Roderick F.
Roderick F.asked
WVE615S / WVE615W

Can’t get oven to heat on any program
How do I turn auto timer off please

Tracy H
Tracy Hasked
WVE615S / WVE615W

Our westinghouse oven is 3 years old and every time we cook a white powder comes out of the top of the oven. If we don't use the oven for a few days when we open the door white powder is on the base of the oven. We are continually cleaning it out. Anyone else had this problem? what is it?

Stephen

No idea, we have not had this problem.... ????

D C.
D C.asked
WVE615S / WVE615W

Hello, Oven and grill elements intermittently turn off then back on during cooking/grilling programs. Temperature drops well below the thermostat limit and food stops cooking.

Faulty contact westinghouse

Linda A.asked
WVE615W

We have just had a Westinghouse WVE615WC electric oven installed and I cannot find where you see the oven temperature once its reached the temperature you want. Can anyone please help as there is no manual that comes with the oven and the web site tells me nothing helpful, thanks in advance

Stephen

You only have the dial on the right which selects the temp there is no means of telling when it has reached say 200 C It's guesswork...... dont forget you have to turn the dial on the left before hand otherwise it wont turn on

Linda A.

Thankyou for that information, I was going crazy trying to find something that wasn't there. I've never has an oven that doesn't show the temperature. I assumes they all did. It will teach me to ask more questions next time. once again thankyou for taking the time to answer me. Linda

Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Hi Linda
Sylvia from Electrolux here.

We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss the concerns you have raised about the Instructions Book for the WVE615WC.

If you wish to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at customercare@electrolux.com.au attention Sylvia Ticket Number 1400378

Sylvia

Joe G.
Joe G.asked
WVE615S / WVE615W

Hi, I have a 615s oven and have accidentally broken off two of the timer/clock buttons. I was able to find the part number and purchase 2 of them today from Westinghouse online accessories. Now I just need to know how to replace them, can anybody help me out with a quick rundown
Thanx Joe

Ann M.asked
WVE615S / WVE615W

As others have mentioned our oven - purchased in 2016- started making a rattling noise intermittently. Today it started again & could only stop it by turning the oven off for 10 mins then turning back on. It was very loud- much louder than in the past! In fact as I’m writing this I can hear it but it’s not as loud. It started after I had opened the door to check on dinner. Halfway through cooking have to persevere!
I also have noticed that it is cooking faster on one side than the other. I need to remember to rotate the food.
What do you recommend?

Stephen

I was in warranty period though for my model oven...... All you can do is email customer care at westinghouse with the model and date of purchase etc and sort of beg that they do something about it.

Thats what I did and had some luck i guess otherwise you will have to get a westinghouse repair person good luck

Ann M.

My husband has since fixed the problem by taking off the cover of the fan & filing down the clip which the fan blades were touching! A design fault?

Guy Bergin
Guy Berginasked
WVE615S

Our Westinghouse 668 oven was put on to cook a pizza at 200 degrees but got a lot hotter than than and filled the kitchen with smoke and 'hot' smell - any ideas?

Stephen

Open the windows and let the air out, how did you know it got hotter than 200 degrees ????

Louise E.
Louise E.

If it's anything like my oven - if it's on 'pizza" function, then the oven uses the bottom element and burns off the cooking grease/spills on the floor of the oven that accumulate during "fan" function (which doesn't use the bottom element).

John F.
John F.asked
WVE615S

I’ve got a westing house fanforced oven the fan blades hit the element intermittently approximately six months later I didn’t do anything about it as sometimes it went for long periods without any problems then after two and a half years it suddenly stopped working the fan jammed against the element .We had it repaired and were told it was a factory fault Westinghouse replaced the parts but I had to pay for the repairs.Seeing it was a factory fault I feel Westinghouse should have paid the lot.What do you think?

Stephen

Of course I was informed by the repairer it was a known fault and the new fan he put in was a newer part, he also replaced the element around the fan.....

I was in warranty period though for my model oven...... All you can do is email customer care at westinghouse with the model and date of repairs etc and sort of beg that they do something about it.

Thats what I did and had some luck i guess

Chris
Chrisasked
WVE615S

Hi, for the last couple of weeks we are getting a rattling sound when we turn on. See there are many complaints about this and that it is a fault with some units. Would appreciate your advice. Thankyou, Chris

Thats what I did and had some luck i guess

Petaasked
WVE615S

Reading the above issues I have second thoughts ....I was going to install it in my rental property where the kitchen is small and the tenant has 4 children under the age of 9. Pls someone respond special about the heating up of knobs and hot air venting into the kitchen after use. My tenant uses her oven most days twice a day. Pls reply quickly so I can go looking for another brand over the weekend. Thanks.

raepat
raepat

I think the knobs would be out of reach of small children and they don’t get hot, even after quite a lot of cooking time.
Some hot air does vent into the kitchen but I think this happens with most ovens.

Peta

Raepat thanks for reply........why are there multiple concerns expressed over this issue. The knobs don't heat but the panel on which the knobs sits does. Why. Do you have it installed in your kitchen.

Louise
Louiseasked
WVE615S / WVE615W

How so I put the oven door back on when one of the hinges is in the "closed" position and won't budge??

yvemarieasked
WVE615S

I am going to have a kitchen renovation tomorrow and the person who will do the kitchen is also going to furnish( included in his kitchen renovation package deal, which he highly recommened Westinghouse brand) and install the cooktop and oven which happens to be Westinghouse WVE615S model and Electrolux WHC 642BA cooktop. I am now reading the reviews and I am getting worried . I read one of the reviewers said that the glass door oven shattered. Than the grinding noise of the fan. also, the electrical power inside the oven Bang. Please tell me that all these were already been looked up by the Westinghouse especially Made in Australia WVE615S oven. And I hope those faulty issues has been corrected, rectified , resolved , fixed and actions has been taken. Is there any guarantee that this oven i am going to have this year will be safe to use? Thank you.

No more messages from you for 11 months ago so it must be ok

yvemarie

Hi Stephen..Thank you for he follow up....Hopefully all will be ok as time goes.....

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Westinghouse WVE615S / WVE615W