Westinghouse WVE616

9 questions from our users

Lauren O.

Lauren O.asked

WVE616SC

Does anyone else have issue with temperature fluctuation? My 2 month old WVE616SC fluctuates so much when cooking.

I noticed my food wasn’t cooking properly and I had to add 5-10 mins to everything.

I called the Westinghouse authorised techs and they’ve come out to investigate.

They set up the thermometer in the oven and set to 180°C. The indicator light doesn’t go off until it hits 195°C and then it starts to cool down to 165°C before the light comes back on and then heats back to 195°C again.

What’s the point of setting to 180°C if it’s going to go all over the place?

Is anyone else thinking that’s dumb? To me 15°C is a big variation when cooking a cake for example.

Barbara McHarry

Barbara McHarryasked

WVE616S

How do we change light globe in oven

Maggie

Maggieasked

WVE616

How do you use the defrost function, do you need to set a temperature or just turn the knob to defrost. Also how do you use the air fryer. The manual is no help.

Frankiasked

WVE616W

Re: New WVE616W (underbench oven/in oven grill)....PROBLEM : I can not get normal "grill" or "Maxi Grill" to heat following the user manual instructions which only imply turning dial to the desired chioce of grilling methods. The manual does not mention setting the temperature dial in conjunction with those modes.The manual DOES recommend setting temperature dial to 180 in "Fan Grill mode(which does work). Do I need to set a temperature with the aforementioned modes? Thank you.

WRD
WRD

hmm I always put temperature to max when grilling but to be honest that's just the way I have always done it with other ovens.

Franki

Thank you! Humans usually a better source of practical info. than user manuals.

V.A.S.

V.A.S.asked

WVE616S

Hi there, we've just had a WVE616S installed and when it is being used, quite a lot of unpleasantly warm air is blowing into the kitchen, coming from the top of the door where it meets the oven. This is making the kitchen quite uncomfortably warm. Going through some forums, I am undecided if this is an intentional design or if I have an issue with the oven. Any clues? Thanks, Vickie.

Lynda M.

Lynda M.asked

WVE616S

Cooking Manuel for settings to cook roasts

Lynda M.

Lynda M.asked

WVE616S

Do you have a Manuel on which function to use for cooking roasts and chicken

Jayne Fasked

WVE616S

My oven is two months old. The oven cooks well but when it is turned off after cooking, the display panel and control switches become excessively hot. They are so hot that they are unpleasant to touch. Is this a problem with installation?

Steph
Steph

Hi there!
I am wondering if you found out what the problem was here? We’ve just installed our oven and noticed the same thing happening.

Matt O.
Matt O.

Hi, we just had this oven Installed today and we have just noticed the same problem with the control panel being extremely hot and air coming out the top. Has anyone had any feedback about this?

Jayne F

As far as I can make out, there wasnt a problem with installation. My daughter has the same model and has the same problem of the panel heating excessively. I spoke to an electrician who told me its a common problem with some ovens. Some other models and brands have actually had the control switches melt.

Caroltrentasked

WVE616S

Just moved in and there is a Westinghouse WVE616. There is a lot of heat escaping from the top of the oven door and takes much longer to cook than my other oven. I believe the door is faulty what can I do?

missy2011
missy2011

Hi there, when my oven was brand new I noticed the same thing. When I looked online I saw other people conplained of the same thing. I also called the store and was told that theyre designed to do that.

dee
dee

there should not be a lot of heat escaping from the door.i have found it better cooking and heat distribution if I pre heat the oven otherwise its good cooking.i would download the manual and then if still no good contact the previous owner and discuss this problem.good luck.

Caroltrent

Thank you. I have gone through the manual and discussed with the previous owner and it was the same for them. It seems to be what I actually consider as a design fault.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives