Westinghouse WVE616

Westinghouse WVE616

WVE616S, WVE616W, WVE616SC

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. This buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

1.0

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
Dan G.

Dan G.

We bought this and its terrible

It doesn't cook roasts well it doesn't actually cook anything well. It surprises me that it gets 4 stars.
It either burns or it takes ages to cook.
The worst oven we have ever had

Purchased in May 2018 at The Good Guys.

Safety
Preheating Speed
Product is usedSeveral times a week
Ken

KenSydney, NSW

Worst oven ever !

Firstly you can’t phone anyone at Westinghouse for any advice .
The oven exhausts hot air and smoke to the front so our kitchen stinks every time, we need to open all the windows. Our previous oven exhausted at the rear and we never had this problem.
It is not clear which settings to use .
We hate this purchase.

Purchased in June 2020 at The Good Guys for A$1,189.00.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
Westinghouse
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Mick

Mickasked

WVE616

Hi. I’m a licensed electrician and have had my 10 month old WVE616SC replaced a couple days ago. Yes I got a straight replacement as I have Westinghouse cooktop also and thought surely it isn’t more than one oven doing this.
Firstly, the knobs and top fascia get very hot, 52’c on knobs measured post cook and 60’c on the digital display. It was then replaced after a tech came out, fitted a indeterminable part and subsequently the circuit protective device trips 10 minutes after turning off the oven!
I’ll check back with the AS/NZ 3000:18 max permissible temps for accessible parts and parts intended to be touched for operation - but does Westinghouse/Electrolux actually consider this acceptable, in light of not just safety but the approx. .75mm2 internal wiring being degraded over time being exposed to the even higher internal temp behind that display panel?
It overheats it would appear because after cooking the heat just sits there; no fan, no method of cooling or heat dissipation.
So again, does Westinghouse/Electrolux really find this to be acceptable?
I’ll also check back with a thermal tester for an accurate temp read after cooking at 180’c and leaving the oven sit for 20mins.
People can burn their hands at 50 and 60 and higher degrees - the stone top even gets warm- I have never seen an oven do this. It’s 2021, and the oven is two days out of packaging. It was suggested I leave the oven door open (3 kids under 10 in home) to assist with keeping it cool!
Reluctant to ever purchase these and associated brands again. Reinstate my confidence in this name guys!!

Lauren O.

Lauren O.asked

WVE616SC

Does anyone else have issue with temperature fluctuation? My 2 month old WVE616SC fluctuates so much when cooking.

I noticed my food wasn’t cooking properly and I had to add 5-10 mins to everything.

I called the Westinghouse authorised techs and they’ve come out to investigate.

They set up the thermometer in the oven and set to 180°C. The indicator light doesn’t go off until it hits 195°C and then it starts to cool down to 165°C before the light comes back on and then heats back to 195°C again.

What’s the point of setting to 180°C if it’s going to go all over the place?

Is anyone else thinking that’s dumb? To me 15°C is a big variation when cooking a cake for example.

Barbara McHarry

Barbara McHarryasked

WVE616S

How do we change light globe in oven

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives

Compare all 3 Westinghouse WVE616
SizeSingleSingleSingle
Capacity80L80L80L
Colour / FinishStainless SteelWhite
Dimensions 595 x 596 x 568 mm595 x 596 x 568 mm595 x 596 x 568 mm
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Compare all 3 Westinghouse WVE616