Westinghouse WVE916SA

Westinghouse WVE916SA

MPN: WVE916SA

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. This buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed
Brooke

Brooke

More exploding glass

This was part of the build and was working ok. The glass exploded IN MY HANDS. I am still picking glass out of my feet and hands because the glass was like an explosion. It scared my children and the glass went as far as the lounge room. This was not dropped at all I was removing it to clean it when it happened. If my children were in the room at the time it could of been far worse.

Product is usedDaily
Bob

BobPerth, WA

No good

Oven came with the new house 2013 been working fine saying that only used probably 12 times a year when we have family or freinds over, we use a small convection oven instead.
Went to use it oven came on for 2 minutes then went off now no display nothing think it might be the pc board tried to get in touch with customer service no chance on hold for ever. Got a technician coming to look can't see any change from $500 rubbish
Give this one a miss.

Product is usedRarely
Foster

FosterSydney, NSW

Two major faults in 5 years

We first purchased the oven with new house build Oct 2013.
We use oven on average twice a week.
Had to have main PCB replaced October 2016 @ $85.00 service call + $320.00
Now oven turns off completely when it reaches approx. 180 deg Celsius so we are now up for another service call fee and ? what parts fee.
Love the size and the look of the oven but too many costly repairs needed so wouldn't recommend.

Purchased in October 2013.

Preheating Speed
Product is usedSeveral times a week
Wall Ovens

Find out how Westinghouse WVE916SA compares to other Wall Ovens

Marcel

MarcelGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Awesome Awesome Oven

The old Technica was died after 7 years..Time for a new one with a brand I could trust? Heats evenly and love the pizza function to reheat pizza.

Value for money and easy to operate. No regrets.

Purchased in November 2018 at Whitegoods Online for A$1,890.00.

Product is usedDaily
Alicia

Alicia

5 years old and the problems have started

Date PurchasedSep 2014
J.D

J.DGisborne

Don't do it

We use this oven 2-3 times a year. it has needed a faulty circuit board replaced, at our cost, and always errors. This is the oven you buy if you hate cooking and want an excuse to but take-out, as it almost never works. It is a $1500 kitchen ornament that adds no value to your life. Buy anything else.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

Control Panel is not working

Hi, my oven model is WVE916SA, used less than 10 times for the past 2.5 years. The digital control panel suddenly was not working (no display) since June 2018, and the product warranty just exceeded by 3month. We checked the Main switch and also the power point, both are working fine. The power cable at the rear is showing power on, but there is no display on the control panel. Your advice is appreciate

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Hi Marina
I send you an email but didn’t get any reply

Tanya

Thank you soo much for your service ..They send technician to my house within a week and solve the problem..Really appreciate that..

SteveKotara

Door broke and fell off

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Exploding glass

3 year old oven and the inner glass door exploded with my 11 month old daughter nearby!!!

Have been on hold for 30mins with the customer service line. Is anyone going to answer ever?!?!?

Can I even use my oven? Is it safe? Perhaps I’ll get answers when someone answers the phone

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Wall Ovens

Find out how Westinghouse WVE916SA compares to other Wall Ovens

red7489

red7489AU

Pretty good oven but does have an issue.

I have just the oven component of this in the electric version. We have no issues in cooking in it but we find that the electronics goes a bit silly when you open the oven that requires cooking at a high temperature even when you are just opening the oven to say put something else in that requires less time cooking.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Graham S

Graham SMelbourne

Extremely Well Designed and Huge Capacity

Date PurchasedSep 2017

Exploding glass on Westinghouse oven!

The glass on our oven has just spontaneously exploded - it's a mere 4 years old but of course out of warranty. This is not good enough. It seems to be a very common problem and I'm very unhappy. We've recently undertaken other extremely costly repairs, after it kept cutting out while cooking. Very unhappy!

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn

BrunoWollongong/Perth

Another case of Exploding glass! (WVE916SA)

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Bruno

Hi Leslie, Thank you for your comment. I have sent an email but are yet to receive a reply. Could you please follow this up.

MalSannieYanchep

WESTINGHOUSE WVE916SA - Exploding glass

This oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract - moved in Dec 2015. Before tonight I would have given it a 4 - 5 star as I loved my oven, and it still looked like new. But the glass all of a sudden exploded while there was a joint roasting in the oven at 180C. It was such a shock, but I'm just thankful that no-one was hurt. Not really sure where to go from here to be honest - I will have to get in touch with Westinghouse and will be sure to report back.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
MalSannie

Thanks..... our builder RedInk was on it straight away and got a response before I did from Westinghouse who fixed it for free about 2 weeks later.

See all Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB reviews