Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

Westinghouse WVE916SA / WVE916SB

WVE916SB, WVE916SA

Wall Ovens Buying Guide

Built-in ovens aren't just functional, they can deliver a seamless kitchen aesthetic, too. This buying guide will help you choose the right wall oven for your space.

Read now

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Preheating Speed

Brooke

Brooke

More exploding glass

This was part of the build and was working ok. The glass exploded IN MY HANDS. I am still picking glass out of my feet and hands because the glass was like an explosion. It scared my children and the glass went as far as the lounge room. This was not dropped at all I was removing it to clean it when it happened. If my children were in the room at the time it could of been far worse.

Product is usedDaily

Never buy this product

Don't buy this product dangerous can bow up and the coustemer service cannot help what I want they only just want fix but this oven only New just want to use it blow up to dangerous

Purchased in December 2019.

Daisy Z

Daisy ZSouth East Queensland, QLD

Dont buy it! Brand new oven, inside door exploded in the first use!

We used the brand new oven for the first time yesterday and the inside door glass exploded at 200 degree grill!
First time in my life to see this happen! Everyone was in shock and it was so dangerous with people around it, lucky no one get hurt!
Very angry about the quality, obviously it is quite common from reading this product review. We were confident about Westinghouse quality before, but from now on we will avoid it.
Contacted the customer service, they will only send technician to replace the inside glass, after Xmas and new year, perfect timing!
Dont buy it!

Carrie H.

Carrie H.Perth, WA

Brand new and glass exploded

We received this oven with our new home, used less than 4 weeks and the glass exploded. Temperature was on 180 degrees for less than 20 minutes. Don't buy it.

Purchased in July 2019.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
Jennie

JennieHunter Region, NSW

Extremely disappointed and dangerous

Our oven is 6 months old and an hour after cooking a meal and it had almost cooled the front door literally exploded. Glass flew at least 3 meters. Super dangerous and really disappointed.

Purchased in July 2018 for A$2,999.00.

Product is usedSeveral times a week
J.D

J.DGisborne

Don't do it

We use this oven 2-3 times a year. it has needed a faulty circuit board replaced, at our cost, and always errors. This is the oven you buy if you hate cooking and want an excuse to but take-out, as it almost never works. It is a $1500 kitchen ornament that adds no value to your life. Buy anything else.

Date PurchasedAug 2015

SteveKotara

Door broke and fell off

Date PurchasedOct 2014

Exploding glass

3 year old oven and the inner glass door exploded with my 11 month old daughter nearby!!!

Have been on hold for 30mins with the customer service line. Is anyone going to answer ever?!?!?

Can I even use my oven? Is it safe? Perhaps I’ll get answers when someone answers the phone

Date PurchasedJan 2014
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Glass door explodeing glass everywhere

This oven should be recalled a very lot of Westinghouse oven glass doors explodeing we had kids and parents very close to the oven when it's glass door scattered everywhere this is a major problem as someone will be very badly hurt very soon why isn't this a product recall

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Antoco

AntocoMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Door cracking and does not cook well, faulty clock

I have had so many issues with this oven, it's built poorly, the door hinge has stretched and won't close correctly, had it repaired already twice. The door frame has cracked on use and the glass looks like it will fall through any minute. Clock timer has had problems with the touch control and does not work half the time. I have had 3 repairs and it can't get sorted out. I'm going to replace this asap because half the time I can't even get it to work.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
ELECTROLUX ..Westinghouse

Exploding glass on Westinghouse oven!

The glass on our oven has just spontaneously exploded - it's a mere 4 years old but of course out of warranty. This is not good enough. It seems to be a very common problem and I'm very unhappy. We've recently undertaken other extremely costly repairs, after it kept cutting out while cooking. Very unhappy!

Date PurchasedOct 2013
Carolyn
Carolyn

BrunoWollongong/Perth

Another case of Exploding glass! (WVE916SA)

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Bruno

Hi Leslie, Thank you for your comment. I have sent an email but are yet to receive a reply. Could you please follow this up.

MalSannieYanchep

WESTINGHOUSE WVE916SA - Exploding glass

This oven was installed in a newly built house as part of the build contract - moved in Dec 2015. Before tonight I would have given it a 4 - 5 star as I loved my oven, and it still looked like new. But the glass all of a sudden exploded while there was a joint roasting in the oven at 180C. It was such a shock, but I'm just thankful that no-one was hurt. Not really sure where to go from here to be honest - I will have to get in touch with Westinghouse and will be sure to report back.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
MalSannie

Thanks..... our builder RedInk was on it straight away and got a response before I did from Westinghouse who fixed it for free about 2 weeks later.

WVE 615S Extremely poor product. Non existent customer service

Can't agree more with all you have to say on this. I have had nothing but NON SERVICE from Electrolux. Oven replaced, but 2nd oven has same problem. Shelves sit scew in oven. Oven rails not level. Service man came twice and was extremely rude telling me he would contact the office about contining problem " at my own leisure"! I cantacted them again and client services supervisor booked a service call by " technical supervisor " . Serviceman didn't turn up! Complained again, but I'm still waiting from promised call back. Don't have anything to do with this company.

Christine V

Christine VRockingham

Hardly used broke in less than 2 years

Would not recommend this oven, Just stopped working. Customer service ignored my email on their site and had to end up contacting them again. not even used 25 times I would say.
One day the word safe popped up in the display. I followed instructions from the manual re troubleshooting and pressing function button etc. Still wouldn't work.

Will never buy a Westinghouse 900 oven again Rubish

Well where do i start, i bought the westinghouse 90cm oven and it was not cooking evenly and making loud noises. Got it replaced and again the second one had the same problem. Had 2 serviceman come out at seperate times telling us there is nothing wrong with it and preety much telling my wife she is making it all up. Only half of everything we were baking would be cooked, the other half still raw. We found that the service department was not at all helpful and at one time made my wife cry with them being so rude. Please do not buy this oven as we do not want anyone else going through the pain we are going through. Clearly there is a fault with these ovens which the company is denying.

jetskiSydney

Terrible oven faults faults faults

No heat

Can't get any heat. Had nothing but problems since I got it home. Bad service. Trying to get it fixed after only having it 2 days, not happy. Would not buy another brand like this again, not like you get a great range of bigger ovens anyway and has cost me so much money remodelling my kitchen to fit an appliance that don't work.
Was bigger
Don't work

LorryMan
LorryMan

Good luck with Electrolux customer care they see faults on their appliances as a way to make more money out of you, call out fee, parts and labour.

Julie
Julie

I agree I had issues with a vaccume cleaner I bought their customer service
Is a disgrace !