Westinghouse WVG665W / WVG665S

Westinghouse WVG665W / WVG665S

WVG665W, WVG665S, WVG665WNG, WVG665SNG

The oven doesn't light up

Installed the oven and it simply doesn't light up and stay on. Continually tries to reignite. Faulty oven?? Now stuck without an oven which is distressing as meals are grilled or baked at home. Will not be spending another cent for any changes, removal, installs, etc. Not what to expect for a new product and a reputable brand...so I thought.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Ciccio
Ciccio

Tempered glass shattered

About 2 weeks ago after using the griller for 5 to 10 minutes the glass in the griller door exploded/shattered sending broken glass up to 2 to 3 metres. The griller had been turned off for about 5 minutes when it shattered. We were very lucky that no one was close by. When I contacted Westinghouse about replacement glass the representative was not overly concerned about the shattered glass. The oven is now out of warranty. I am not happy about having to pay a service call for the glass to be replaced in a griller that is less than 3 years old.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Fim

Following my review and the response from Electrolux I emailed customer care. I was promptly contacted and the representative was able to address my concerns. The result was a good outcome for me.

ms frugal

ms frugalBallina

Replaced older oven - it's great

I have had a very old westinghouse gas oven and gas separate grill which was about 25 years old and still working brilliantly but I needed to replace as freshened up the kitchen. I love having the oven and grill separate even though having this means it's more expensive than combined. I also wanted same to put into same space, although do note that it is a little smaller than the original and we did have to get a handyman to build an infill which matches perfectly. Although gas grill now replaced with electric it looks and is amazing although early days. Look forward to another 25years of use :-)

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Queen Victoria

Queen VictoriaSydney, NSW

A Nice All-round Oven

We live in a townhouse so were just wanting a reasonably priced basic wall oven. This has been a good, trouble free oven and is very easy to use. If you fancy yourself as an amateur chef then this oven probably wouldn't be for you as it is on the smaller scale and doesn't have any fancy bells and whistles. The only negative thing I can say about it is that it seems to take a long time to preheat to the standard temperatures between 180-220 degrees Celsius.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Johnv

JohnvPerth

Frame for seprate grill melted Fire hazard

Bought this oven a year ago and the door frame to the bottom grill melted into the glass door
This is a fire hazard had to stop using the grill
Called Westinghouse they sent a repair man who told me that the door has to be open when using the grill
Should the oven been constructed of materiel that is potentially flammable

Date PurchasedAug 2016

ALIDAH

ALIDAHSYDNEY

Very new but already very happy with this product. Food cooked well and look forward to trying more

Love the clean lines of this product. Had a Westinghouse before but it was 16 years old. It has served us well. Look forward to using this oven for at least that length of time as well. Westinghouse is a very reliable brand and been around for a long time.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Mozz

MozzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absoloute JUNK

Brand new install and the igniter doesnt work. What a pile of junk. Now have to have it removed and have a new one installed after we paid to have it installed. I can guarantee Westinghouse will be paying. Dont they test products before leaving the factory in CHINA?? Grill works fine but oven doesnt ignite at all. JUNK

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Foodie Wanderings

Foodie WanderingsGeelong

Wouldn't buy Westinghouse based on this oven

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Robin WPerth, Western Australia

Just don't!!

Anna

AnnaBrisbane

Cooking like a professional

Very happy with my purchase, which replaced my 12 year Simpson which ceased functioning Christmas Eve..
Aspects I like:
It looks good.
Cooking is quiet and efficient. I am still learning about the different styles of cooking, but it is great to have a few choices.
Really like the quick heat up function.
It came with two wire shelves and a tray that can be used as a shelf.
The timer is easy to set and use.
I haven't used the grill yet, so cannot comment on that yet

Bought from Appliances Online. Great service again.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great Buy

Purchased 665 but was nearly put off by some of the reviews. Previous Westinghouse lasted 25 years. Went for westinghouse again as it was the only one we could find with separate grill and oven. Not fancy but great cooking and grilling so far. Good value for money. Would recommend it.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

JanL

JanLGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Started out a dream but..

Lenolenolence

LenolenolenceNewcastle

Dont waste your time

Oven was installed in the property we purchased. Temperature seemed too hot that it burnt the outside of my meal and left the middle raw, the fan seemed to blow too much hot air into my kitchen and oven surface far too hot to touch. Had 4 service calls that cost almost $650.00 in call out fees and parts. Service tech ended up referring me to Technika (mainly due to install size) and its1000 times better

warsubBerri

Great Oven But ..........

Kevin Davey

Kevin Daveyasked

Brand new oven (WVG665SNG) and somehow managed to switch grill on while wiping down the outer surface.
I now have a melted grill door on my 2-week old oven!
Can I replace this door or just the top bracket that is melted?

Maureenasked

I am very disappointed to here about the reviews to the model that I am looking to purchase. I have an Electrolux Model at the moment with a separate gas griller which was making noises. After getting the serviceman to have a look at it, he advised that it will cost about $250.00 to fix it and that the oven will probably go after a couple of months and to fix that will cost another $350.00- that's $550.00. So now I am opting to buy an equivalent oven to what I have and was recommended the above model, but after reading the reviews I am having second thoughts. I don't like the electric grill but this model looks is the only model offered to replace what I have. I don't understand Westinghouse -If they know there are problems with this oven why don't they fix the problem. I have always been loyal to this company - first CHEF which lasted 20 years than Westinghouse another 16 years. Common what am I suppose to do with these reviews. I cannot ignore them. Please help me with my dilemma????

Robin W

Like you I daresay, I would love to support an Australian-made product (I think our oven IS Aussie-made) but our experience with Westinghouse ovens, as you've read, has not been a good one. I spoke to someone today in Electrolux Customer Care and, based on our experiences with their products, they have offered to extend the warranty on our new oven which is about to expire. Our oven, incidentally, is working fine after replacement of the electronic igniter module. I could see, when it was being fitted, that the new module looks different to the one it replaces and apparently it is made by a different manufacturer to the original... after our experiences with the last oven we had I'm not holding my breath! In our case we had little option but to go for this make of oven as we needed an LPG model. I think they rush new models out to market without thoroughly and adequately testing them first. We're not really worried about it having an electric grill- it probably gives more even heat than a gas one. Yes, we hope it is fixed for years of reliable use but I think that given the option of something else I'd go for something else! Good luck!

Maureen

Thank you for your reply but after speaking to a sales person yesterday, it seems Electrolux is the only model that is available in gas that has a griller underneath. I can live with the electric griller but hope I can get the oven to cook properly and evenly. The sales person did mention that this particular oven is 100 degrees over, buy I think he is pulling my leg and was trying to get me to buy something else completely and more expensive. I will have to re-think but there are not much options for me at this present time. Thank you for the reply and comments, much appreciated.

Adrian

Adrianasked

can the oven light be turned on & off?

warsub

No the oven light can not be turned on and off. It comes on when you turn the oven on and then the light goes out when you turn the oven off.

Get an answer from our members and Westinghouse representatives