Westpac 55 Day

Westpac 55 Day

See the Best Low Rate & Zero Interest Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

CategoryLow Rate & Zero Interest Credit Cards and Balance Transfer Credit Cards
Release dateMay 2007

Nate

NatePerth

AVOID

Avoid carrying a balance on this card as the interest rate is very high for not having many perks. I also had an issue with credit card fraud when in Europe. Westpac believed that i was able to make several transactions on this card in Paris, when I was already back in australia, with several everyday transactions from my bank account. I had to threaten to move all my accounts before they refunded the fraudulent transactions.

AlthomPerth, WA

Be aware - 55 days does not mean 55 days

It's 55 days interest free from the date of the first transaction in any period so you may quite possibly be booking something to your card late in a period and finding the 55 days interest free is in fact about 14 days interest free for that particular transaction. The T&C's are ambiguous and misleading.

Althom

When challenged on interest charges on zero balances they agreed to pay the charges back - hasn't happened. Westpac staff are liars and thieves

vandoorn1953

vandoorn1953Serpentine

Customer Service needs to be overhauled

WestralPerth, WA

Card Fraud

Have had the card for years and been a Westpac customer for over ten years with no problems. Had a small amount taken out without my knowledge, reported it straight away and got the old card cancelled and a new one issued. After 3 months still did not get my money back as bank (merchant?) insist it was me who initiated transaction.

Bye Bye Westpac for me.
Handy for budgetting and payments - pay off before due date all the time.

Westral

After writing to the managing director, I did finally get the unauthorized debit reversed.

JCWAus

JCWAus

Bad

I started out with this card and used it with my mortgage for day to day purchases, with 55 days interest free it's quite handy. However I shopped around and found other cards with interest free periods that also offered rewards. I've since changed to Woolworths credit card, with a slightly shorter interest free period but obtained over $400 in rewards without needing to change my spending habits. This card may be worthwhile if used sparringly, but if you're gonna use it quite a bit checkout cards that offer rewards.
Card is cheap, not a lot of fees. 55 days interest free is pretty good.
No rewards or bonuses or other incentives

pikachocobo

pikachocobo

Good

I have had my card for almost 2 years now and I am still very happy with it. However, if you are not prepared to pay off your monthly bill in full every month I would consider you get a card with a lower interest rate.
The best thing about this card is you have 55 days to pay it off without being charged any interest. First year the $30 annual fee is waived so that helps the finances. The card looks nice too - looks different to other cards in my purse so its easy to find. Also handy if you are traveling overseas is the free Anti-Identity-theft Credit Card Protection.
Interest rate is quite high - around 19.10% for purcahses and 20.74% for cash advances.

mrhappy

mrhappy

Good

Another noticeable feature of this card is that if you spend more than $10,000 on the card every year then the annual fee of $30 is waived for the next year,which is what I love for
The card has got a bonus Anti-Identity-theft Credit Card Protection for the owner as a special feature. Every holder of this card will automatically be eligible for the protection without having to do anything.
The rate is really high 17.40% is not a good one,always have your eyes on your budget or you will find yourself struggling with the payment

detective_boy

detective_boy

OK

This card is great if you are overseas but it isn't that great because of there high interest rates.
You get 55 days interest free, it is worldwide accepted which is great for shopping if you are in another country and need money, there is an optional credit card protection which is good for internet banking and identity thefts. Also, there is no annual fee for the first year which is a massive saving of $30
The interest rate is very high which is 17.4% p.a. and if you don't pay your fees in 55 days you will have to pay a lot as the interest rate is terrible.