Westpac Branches

Westpac Branches

1.3

Canceled my choice account

Up until today I have had no problems with Westpac and found the Geelong branch to have been a great help. I recently received a cancellation letter of my accounts and when I called to enquire about this I couldn’t get an answer. I have been told to empty my account before a specific day or they Will Shut it down and send me a cheque. How ever they are happy to keep my home loan account open. Making things difficult for me to make any repayments of my loan in the future...

Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely awful customer service!

I dealt with Jingjing (Crystal) Wang at the QV Branch. I found her behaviour childish and immature and on the border of grossly unprofessional.

This is truly disappointing and goes to the core of the relationship that I have established with Westpac and sadly I will now consider switching to another bank.

Martin

MartinSouth East Queensland, QLD

badly run bank

Had credit card with this bank ,lost job and had difficulty paying the outrageous
interest rates and then was bombarded with endless ROBOCALLS which always
came from a silent number and no message was ever left.It was relentless.
So even though i was getting charged 20% interest when the cash rate was less
than 1% they couldnt even call me properly and i was harrased constantly
by these ROBOCALLS.I have since closed this account and i have pulled my
mortgage from Stgeorge which is owned by the same bank.
my advice is dont even think about getting a account with this bank.

HonestReviews

HonestReviews

Branch Closed Due To Health Problems

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking and General Transactions

Incompetent at their worst

Have been a customer for over 20 years, but no more. I received an overseas money order as a gift and just wanted to put it in my account. I was told that it would have to go to the collections division to make sure there were ample funds to process it, which could take weeks. HELLO, the money order was already paid for to get the money order in the 1st place. After speaking to several people I finally spoke to someone who had to actually ask what a money order was. If you're going to hire staff, make sure they actually have a clue in what banking actually entails.

Tigger

TiggerSouth East Queensland, QLD

Heartless soul-less bank, I hope their executives are made penniless

14 years, and over 250,000 spent with them, they forget to mail my statements and they can't make internet banking work with my account, so I get stuck paying interest rates that are outlandish and completely not my responsibility to pay, as I didn't get a statement and nor can I log in to check my account. This bank is the worst bank in ALL of australia, and this land sets the scum bar pretty high.

Everyone that works for Westpac can seriously get off.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Closure of branches shows no regard to customers

I have been a customer with Westpac for 15 years. The bank has excellent quality branch staff whom are customer focused. Sadly senior management have recently closed an essential branch at Seaford, one assumes as part of cost cutting exercises. As a result I had to drive 12 kms to deposit one cheque. This is simply unacceptable and I have no choice but to search for other banks who. Are small businesses friendly. I was very shocked that now there seems to be no Westpac branch in the area of Seaford, Naurlonga, McLaren vale region.

Jason B.

Jason B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Absolute thieves

Have been a customer of westpac for over 13 years but their constant and unjust fees inspired me to search elsewhere, switched to NAB and planned to use my westpac choice account with Linked pre paid master card for online purchases etc. when I went to load money on my card I checked my balance and to my surprise found my account overdrawn -$678 After a little research I discovered PayPal were trying to charge my account for $7 constantly day after day this resulting in a $25 Dishonesty fee every time when I contacted westpac they were absolutely useless and couldn’t care less and would budge. would never trust them again with any of my hard earned.

Lily

LilyNSW, 2150

They can't get anything right

Geoff

Geoff

They Closed My Account

After 40 loyal years with Westpac I received a letter today saying "Westpac will discontinue our banking relationship with you and if all accounts are not closed by the 22nd of June or we will close them for you and send any remaining money from your account to you by cheque" There was no reason giving and when I contacted Westpac by phone, it was the same response. I have not done anything wrong or anything different with my banking for years, my credit score is good. They also told me not to open any other accounts associated with Westpac, St George, Bank of Melbourne, Bank SA, RAMS, and BT, well WESTPAC shove your banks where it fits. Disgusting.

TopicBusiness Banking
Sonia F.

Sonia F.South East Queensland, QLD

Bad Customer Service

No wonder i stopped banking with Westpac. On Friday i went to Inala branch to close out a deceased account & collect cheque. On Mon the bank rang & said i needed to go back to Inala to sigm a form. This was the fault of the bank employee wjo neglected to ask me to sign. I went in & waited for 1/2 hour with 6 other people while one person on the desk dealt with a customer & kept the rest of us waiting. At no time did the employee speak to us to let us know how long we wd have to wait & no other staff came to help. Finally i asked to see the person who had phoned me & asked me to come in to sigm & was told to go in to the office by guy at the desk, while he is still engaging with current customer.!!! Bad customer service all round

Althom

AlthomPerth, WA

Closing an Account - How Westpac make everything more difficult than it needs to be

Wanted to close an account we were holding in trust for our grandson. Money was to be transferred to his account now that he is old enough. Check on Westpac's website - says call 132032 or your branch.
Call the branch - nope you have to come in.
Call 132032 - nope you must go to your branch.
Call 132032 half an hour later - no problem we can do that for you right now.
How about employing some people who actually know how to do their jobs so I can avoid having to make 3 phone calls?

sam

samSydney, NSW

They do NOT care about YOU

I have been Westpac customer for almost 15 years. They are pretty much a bank you do not want to deal with. In particular branch 341 George Street, Sydney. High fees, arrogance and terrible customer service are part of their daily routine.

Terrible and misleading service

Terrible. No communication, poor service. Was told the service i wanted/needed would be ready approximately Easter, heard nothing for weeks until i contacted them then was told the service would be here within a week....a week later was rung and told another 2-3 weeks at best! Was strung along for 6 weeks!

TopicLoan Application
AJx

AJx

No loyalty. Miscommunications. Falso info...And then its my fault???

DONNA

DONNAGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One sided - no consideration, overcharging in times of covid19 crisis

I have been in westpac for five years dnd I always have extra for them to use. Now that I am earning less due to covid 19 they charged me 5 percent everyday for an overdrawn amount that I have paid in a week! . Disgraceful. No to westpac

kratov

kratovSydney, NSW

No managers to complain to.

Today 13/03/2020 I went to wespac's head office on kent street sydney and I spoke to a receptionist who said to me unless I have an appointment I cannot speak to anyone. I said I have been a customer for many, many years and I have a problem, the woman could not care less.
it is time to change banks and to tell everyone I know or come across that westpac sucks.

Rod

RodSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic and typical example of "BIG" corporate Banks

TopicCredit Card Application and General Transactions
Indy

IndyPerth

WORST BANK IN AUSTRALIA

I have been with this bank for over 30 years and they were once a very good bank.
Not now. Went into our local Morley branch when we sold our rental. They gave us all wrong information, sent off all the wrong forms and still have not closed our mortgage.
rang them - did not even get a call back.
We will be lodging an official complaint to Westpac head office.
Don't bank with these bunch of fools!!

TopicLoan Application