Westpac Branches

Westpac Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Two Faced, Unprofessional, Disgraceful mob. WARNING-RUN! felt like staff were RACISTS, leave you feeling like crap!!!!

DISGRACEFUL Unprofessional and COLD BLOODED VIPERS and I'm being polite!!

Its disgusting enough they wont pass on rate cuts in full until they decide to raise them again very soon but it gets worse a whole lot worse.....

I made an appointment to go to HEAD OFFICE in WESTPAC HEADQUARTERS in Barangaroo in Sydney, suited up for very much needed assistance on 3 occasions due to separation to transfer loans that were still being paid on time.

As a white caucasian I don't care what race or creed people are but very strange conduct was coming from the obviously immigrant staff that Westpac employs in these white collar farms in their new towers was truly horrific emotional experience.

I felt self conscious that I was a Caucasian for the first time ever by freshly made possibly overseas immigrants working for westpac treating me like crap, most likely because I was in need of urgent assistance it felt as if they 'enjoyed' my suffering and distress of my situation with little headway made in the meetings. In the end no resolution to a long term loyal customer.

The psychological torture was HORRIFIC, and the smiling assassins knew it. What's worse is that it was all FAKE. They didn't even care to follow up, help or anything, it felt like being tossed aside like garbage.

FULL OF SELF ABSORBED POWER TRIPPERS and was obvious and AWFUL to witness. For the love of the god you believe in, please do not torture yourself with a scarring experience and leave this bank as soon as you can.

Very poor service from Westpac Chermside branch. Would never bank with Westpac again

I had an appointment today with Westpac at 2:00Pm, I reached and waited for the staff to get free and talk to me. I got told that the lady who was supposed to meet me is going to take another hour as I was late. I mentioned that I want to get an investment property but I am not happy with the service and I am thinking to transition to a new bank. Without even asking what’s wrong she told me that good luck with your search. Seriously.

Review TypeLoan Application

Australian banks timings 9.30am to 4pm weekdays sucks!

I was a loyal customer of westpac many years ago. I left them because of poor service, i was in impression service must have approved. I went back to join them but realizing i have made a big mistake.
Australian banks charges for service which are opened during short period of time. How a person can visit a branch during there own working hours that sucks. I was told to make an appointment to see at the branch. All banks should not have branch if we have to make an appointment.
Phone line i had to call 8 times to talk to someone which was a night mare, once they said they will connect me to right dept got disconnected. Then called again they said that dept is closed now.
No one has business information.
Very disappointed with banking sector in general.

Review TypeCredit Card Application and New Account

Reasonable

There are many negative reviews on Westpac here so I want to share my views as well. I have been with Westpac for more than 18 years now, like most major banks in Australia, I think they provide reasonable service although many of my friends tell me non banks offer cheaper home loan interest rates. Some branches where I live have closed so that is disappointing but not unexpected. I sometimes deposit money through the ATM and I think many people can be taught that.

Awful experience

They were unable to provide deposit account rates until I made a deposit, useless could not care customer service, high priced insurance etc. I was SOOO glad I moved. It was the general feeling that noone, at any point, even cared about keeping me as a client.

Review TypeBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Not even worth 1 star.

We were overcharged in asking the bank for the return of our house title after a loan had been payed off. Complained to the bank, totally ignored even though they assured me they will get back to me. Went in again, same assurances, and ignored again. An online complaint lodged, and finally they agreed we were overcharged. By way of refunding they offered a Woolworths gift card. Strange? But ah well, whatever.
Tried to use the card and it was declined! Nothing on it.
Customer service was non existent. Follow up? well, that was insulting. I know that essentially most of the big banks are the same, although having the Commonwealth bank do the same operation on our title in discharging another loan did not cost anything, and they did not rip us off on the titles office charge.
Won't go near a Westpac again.

Deposit problem in ATM

Hi
I have westpac customer from last 10 years. On 8 may i deposited some money in my account through westpac epping branch. In beginnings it shows in my account and then disappear. It is such a terrible thing done by westpac i called them they suggested me to go to branch. She checked it and contacted some of her back officer and deposited money back in my account and said its because of ATM is playing.
If ATM is playing then they let people to stop depositing in that ATM. If some1 don’t check through online banking then he doesn’t know or realise specially senior citizens. This is 2nd incident first one year ago they charge me for overdrawn by showing wrong transaction.
I request people to keep checking their account specially with westpac. Making billions of $$ but cheating with people. Shame on you westpac.

Review TypeATM Experience

Friends with Money - Fools with Cash - Buderim QLD

Is it a Bank or a Retail Shop ?

Tried to deposit some money to my credit card using the hole in the wall. "service not available" , so I walk in to the Branch to make the payment manually only to be advised " I cannot take cash ", then staff disbelief when I tried to inform them hole in the wall WAS NOT working that is why I am in here.

A Bank that DOES NOT accept cash. Service ? What service.

Review TypeATM Experience and General Transactions

The Epping plaza branch business banking staff are snoozing?!!

This Epping plaza branch business banking staff are taking soooo long to serve their customers. Sit and wait over an hour and so human soul come to serve me. Don’t know what these guys doing behind a closed doors.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

They do not how to operate.

As above. I'm being direct they simply do not how to operate. So they need to have a clear concise ways in their businesses. Westpac requires to fix their operation.

Review TypeATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

The manager stops home loan process and leaves for holiday

I have sign loan contract with my broker. The branch manager said: "Your must sign with us". Then he stopped the whole loan application waiting for him to come back from vacation. Why??????

Review TypeLoan Application

They gave my money away to someone else..

I had $18k in a Westpac business account. After three years of no activity on the account, they gave my money to the thieving government and closed my account without telling me... no email, no letter, no phone call... nothing. When I walked into the Mount Waverley branch to find out what was going on, they did not accept any responsibility and were quite indifferent. Now ASIC is extorting fees from me so they can give the money they stole back. Better to put your money under the mattress than leave it with this so-called bank where your money is not safe at all. Never again will I bank with Westpac. As for the government, they will be punished at the next election.

Review TypeBusiness Banking

Dishonest, unprofessional, appauling service and incompetent.

The standard of service at the Melbourne CBD branches is beyond appauling. Attention to detail, initiative and resourcefulness is non existent. Constantly a very poor service from senior management down to junior staff.

Totally Unhelpful Staff

We come over from England every year and my wife was brought up here. In England we bank with Barclays twin of Westpac. We went into the Westpac branch in Kiama with a simple enquiry regarding a $20 note that we had been given in change by a supermarket and which was obviously a legal note but had been through a washing machine. We wanted to know if or how we could change the note. We have never experienced such rude, unhelpful, disinterested service. The women behind the counter would do nothing to help and just got aggravated at any question we asked. What has happened to customer service or are Westpac just not interested. The staff in this branch need serious training in how to assist customers and not just brush them off.

Smart Plan Advice

Visited Campbelltown branch yesterday to seek advice about Westpac Credit Card Smart Plan. After waiting in line only a short time I proceeded to counter. The bank teller did not know anything about credit cards or Smart Plan. I was asked to have a seat while she got someone who would know about it to help me. I sat for a moment until I was seen by another bank representative who did not know what I was talking about either & told me to call Card Services. Its been 30 years since I worked in a bank but it was expected of me as a customer service teller to know all our products that the bank had to offer. I left the bank feeling let down. Now I have to make a call & probably wait for ages to get through! Just wondering why they still have branches? Not good service Westpac!!

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

very very slow process which should be straight forward and REASONABLY quick

have been waiting for the dispursement of funds to nominated persons from my mother's estate , all the paper work has been done and the the local branch of Westpac ( Moe, Victoria ) have been wonderful but once the process was handed to the estate management team in Melbourne that's when the process slows right down, for the last few weeks we have been promised the funds will be released soon but nothing happens , I have a sister inlaw who works in a bank and says it should take only a few days to happen as she handles dispursement of estates , once all the paper work is completed the transfer of funds should be quick but this is not the case for Westpac , since the Banking Royal Commission banks have said their attitude towards their customers must change , don't talk the talk walk the walk . people are looking outside the big 4 banks for a better service .