Westpac Branches

Westpac Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jenyfer Joy

Jenyfer Joy

Home insurance

Been with the bank for 3 years and took their home insurance. Meter box caught on fire and the electrician they send did not fix the issue despite us having their insurance the tennants had to live without electricity for two weeks because Westpac kept prolonging sending a qualified electrician

Faran

FaranPerth, WA

Worst bank ever

Surprised the gov doesn't come in an dissolve these terrible terrible money leaching structures. A company with 1000s of staff and I get a more professional service from my law mawer. A complete joke. Not to mention they have policies that are clearly there to leach money out of you any way they can. The purposely postponed our settlement (going to another bank) to leach more money out of us. Stupid stupid stupid. Stay away from these big banks

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

Poor customer service

Been with Westpac and its pre decessor for 42 years. Service OK ??? until now. Customer relations very poor. Debit card expired, no replacement issued.no letter or explanation as to why. Branch staff useless as they did not care even though he was a Personal Banking Specialist. Travel 120 Kms each way to be treated like a criminal. Staff member saw the card but said nothing. They do not seem to have learnt nothing from the Royal Commission grilling they received. Typical of this Bank, all take but no give.

TopicBusiness Banking and Credit Card Application
Robina

RobinaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They couldn’t care less about loyal customers

I’m a loyal customer of 28 years! They’re offering NEW customers 16 months no interest credit cards but they refuse to swap mine. Insulting at my time of temporary need.

TopicCredit Card Application

Regina

Reginanewcastle NSW

Great customer service

My local branch is in Beaumont Street Hamilton Newcastle wat great friendly customer service great customer experience fast service and know wat they are talking about the westpac Brand I would recommend visiting this branch

Simon

Simon

Terrible service, doesn't care about customers, couldn't give a crap about your well being.

Debit card expiring, they send it to the wrong address (outdated by 4 years). Won't send me a new one. Cool, thanks westpac, now I can't get money out of my account. "Go to a branch". Hmm branches are only open 5 days a week between 9:30-4pm. Employees move slower than government.

TAZ

TAZSydney, NSW

Useless Ledger System, Evasive and Dishonest Staff, Overt Lies Regarding Finances and Accounts.

Why would you want to use this Bank!

I have been a customer for more than 10 years and many times thought of cancelling my account and today I will. There was an incorrect deduction from my debit card from a third party and I called their customer service team, they lady on the phone was not very helpful with advice. They ask security questions for products I never have used so obviously I will not know the answer and put me on an automated answering machine. Thanks for nothing Westpac. I will close my account permanently and advice all my friends & family to do so too.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Would win Olympic gold if being obtuse was a sport

Had been a customer with Westpac for 25 years till earlier this year.

Branch staff are either short staffed, disinterested, can't be bothered or a combination of all three.
The only thing that kept me with them was the awesome phone banking staff, but even then they stopped the 24 hour call center.
The last straw was when the flubbed a personal loan application and ended up resubmitting the same application over ten times - No wonder it was rejected.

Happily at Bankwest now, and despite the incompetence of Westpac, had my personal loan approved in the first week of being with Bankwest.

I would highly encourage anybody thinking about becoming a Westpac customer to look elsewhere first.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Carol

Carol

Electronic transfer s from branch.

Would leave no stars if I could. in this day and age of electronic banking, why does it take 3 days to transfer funds from a Westpac account to CBA. And it was done at the branch, with the teller doing it electronically. Bloody hopeless.

J L

J Lsydney

Two Faced, Unprofessional, Disgraceful mob. WARNING-RUN! felt like staff were RACISTS, leave you feeling like crap!!!!

Amit A.

Amit A.

Very poor service from Westpac Chermside branch. Would never bank with Westpac again

I had an appointment today with Westpac at 2:00Pm, I reached and waited for the staff to get free and talk to me. I got told that the lady who was supposed to meet me is going to take another hour as I was late. I mentioned that I want to get an investment property but I am not happy with the service and I am thinking to transition to a new bank. Without even asking what’s wrong she told me that good luck with your search. Seriously.

TopicLoan Application

Vik

VikGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Australian banks timings 9.30am to 4pm weekdays sucks!

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

James C.

James C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Reasonable

There are many negative reviews on Westpac here so I want to share my views as well. I have been with Westpac for more than 18 years now, like most major banks in Australia, I think they provide reasonable service although many of my friends tell me non banks offer cheaper home loan interest rates. Some branches where I live have closed so that is disappointing but not unexpected. I sometimes deposit money through the ATM and I think many people can be taught that.

Michael Duggan

Michael DugganGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awful experience

They were unable to provide deposit account rates until I made a deposit, useless could not care customer service, high priced insurance etc. I was SOOO glad I moved. It was the general feeling that noone, at any point, even cared about keeping me as a client.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

TopicATM Experience

Anita Brooks

Anita BrooksAU

Friends with Money - Fools with Cash - Buderim QLD

Is it a Bank or a Retail Shop ?

Tried to deposit some money to my credit card using the hole in the wall. "service not available" , so I walk in to the Branch to make the payment manually only to be advised " I cannot take cash ", then staff disbelief when I tried to inform them hole in the wall WAS NOT working that is why I am in here.

A Bank that DOES NOT accept cash. Service ? What service.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions

Cam Nguyen

Cam NguyenGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The Epping plaza branch business banking staff are snoozing?!!

This Epping plaza branch business banking staff are taking soooo long to serve their customers. Sit and wait over an hour and so human soul come to serve me. Don’t know what these guys doing behind a closed doors.

TopicBusiness Banking

Slam Topper

Slam TopperGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

They do not how to operate.

As above. I'm being direct they simply do not how to operate. So they need to have a clear concise ways in their businesses. Westpac requires to fix their operation.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account