Comprehensive, Multi-Trip, Essentials, Domestic

2.5

• Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (1)
Rob55

Rob55Hunter Region, NSW

untrustworthy

We relied on our Westpac Travel Card Insurance, for a trip of a Lifetime to celebrate our 50th wedding Anniversary with our family in Italy commencing July14th 2020. As overseas flight are cancelled we can no longer travel, resulting in losses totalling some $15000.00.
Our claim has been rejected, as they say we are not covered for a Virus. The insurance document via Westpac is totally misleading when one reads through the Brochure.
The trip was booked in September 2019, well before we were aware of the Virus!!!

Healthy person

Healthy personSydney, NSW

Every illness in your life must be disclosed or policy is invalid

Impossible to use for medical coverage. They go back your entire life to assess you. If you do not disclose everything you have ever had it will invalidate your policy. I had hepatitis 62years ago, antidepressants 45 years ago, pneumonia 25 years ago. Recovered from all these quickly. Won't insure me fior my pre existing illnesses.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The worst travel insurance

I would recommend buying your travel insurance with the airline you are flying with since it is much cheaper and they will compensate you if you get sick whilst you are on holidays.

Find out how Westpac Travel Insurance compares to other Travel Insurance

Worthless complimentary insurance.

Insurance claim madeNo

Holiday cancellation

Alesha

Alesha

useless service and waste of time

Several things happened in our trip to Africa. Despite carefully filling in all the paperwork it took 4 months until completion. Communication was via email and at times made little sense. I had to collect further evidence and quotes due to poor understanding by my consultant. QBE claimed each issue as a separate event even though they were all just part of the trip (camera lens stopped working, dive watch stopped working) thereby being able to deduct $250 excess for each and receiving $400 from $1500 of claims. I am cancelling my westpac credit card as no benefit from the extras. Separate insurance would have been a much better option. Go with someone else.

Roger

RogerNSW, 2151

Holiday cancelation due to death of mother

Claimed on my QBE complimentary Westpac credit card insurance having just arrived in Paris at start of our 6 week holiday. Put in claim on return and got everything requested back - near $10,000. Got great speedy service from QBE - very happy.

CathyWT

CathyWTSouth East Queensland, QLD

Paying by the card worked out well

I paid over $16,000 for an April 2016 cruise during December via my Westpac Platinum Visa. At the time, I thought my husband's elderly parents the main risk. My husband however was diagnosed with cancer and would still have been undergoing treatment when we were due to depart. I rang the Westpac QBE line and was sent a form that required a lot of back up documents and evidence. The claim for the 50% loss of fare or over $8000 was paid within a fortnight. Well done and thank you Westpac & QBE. Maybe QBE should be managing their home & contents insurance. It would do Westpac's reputation some good.

Bruce

Bruceasked

Travel Insurance

Have a westpac platinum MC - which I used to pay for a Australian domestic 10 day cruise - if I have to cancel due to health reasons - will my credit card insurance cover my purchase costs?

Marianne

Marianneasked

Travel Insurance

We are thinking of using the complimentary travel insurance while in NZ, and am uncertain if our car hire is fully covered. Do we need to take out the daily insurance charged by Thrifty at $26 a day for 3 weeks and that Westpac insurance only covers the excess if we make an insurance claim?

Peter Harrison

Peter Harrisonasked

Travel Insurance

I have a Platinum 55 day credit card, does the travel insurance cover my wife and I for a cruise Sydney to Hawaii and fly-back package. for medical

See all Westpac Travel Insurance questions

Compare all 4 Westpac Travel Insurance
CategoryTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel InsuranceTravel Insurance
Other Insurance Types Offered Funeral, Income and PetFuneral, Income and PetFuneral, Income and PetFuneral, Income and Pet
UnderwriterAllianzAllianzAllianzAllianz
Permanent Disability$25,000Not IncludedNot Included$25,000
Luggage & Personal Effects
Theft of Cash $250Not IncludedNot Included$250
Delayed Luggage $500$250$500$500
Credit Card Fraud$5,000 as part of Travel Documents coverNot IncludedNot Included$5,000 as part of Travel Documents cover
Travel Documents / Passport $5,000Not IncludedNot Included$5,000
Maximum Single Item Limit $3000 (Personal Computers, Video Recorders or Cameras)$3000 (Personal Computers, Video Recorders or Cameras)$3000 (Personal Computers, Video Recorders or Cameras)$3000 (Personal Computers, Video Recorders or Cameras)
Luggage & Personal Effects $10,000$3,000$10,000$10,000