Whirlpool 29L Convection, Crisp & Grill Microwave JQ280IX

Whirlpool 29L Convection, Crisp & Grill Microwave JQ280IX

MPNs: 36395072 and JQ280IX
See the Best Microwaves in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Whirlpool

Ant
AntSouthwest, VIC

no service or spare parts available- you can't even get a replacement plate

The Concept is great, the product works well, but there is no support, I have emailed the company 3 times with no response.

I rang them and they said see if you can get one online we don't have any spare plates and have none on order.

Purchased in June 2019 at The Good Guys for $499.00.

Crisp function is awesome!

I’ve only had this microwave a week so I’m still getting used to it, but so far I’m loving it! The crisp function is great for cooking wedges, pizzas and sausage rolls. I’m still trying to work out the timing for defrosting bread as the 6th sense defrost function only covers meats and vegetables. There is no guidance in the instructions or reference guide, it just states to choose the auto function but there is no auto function for bread. Other than that I’m really happy with this microwave.

Purchased in May 2021 at Harvey Norman for $549.00.

Other Microwaves

Susan08
Susan08Perth, WA

Whirlpool JQ280IX Crisp N Grill

Purchased in January 2021 at Harvey Norman for $399.00.

Dabsey
DabseyCentral Queensland, QLD

Great multi purpose oven

This was a Christmas present so still early days but so far a big improvement over my basic cheapie microwave I had before. It is quick and silent and the extra features make it very handy in the kitchen. My only negative if it is one is that I found the instructions very minimal for someone like me who is older and not as familiar with fancy gadgets but I got there in the end with the help of youtube. A bigger more comprehensive instruction booklet with loads of recipes would make this a very much 5 star purchase.

Purchased in December 2020 at Appliances Online for $473.00.

Microwaves

Find out how Whirlpool 29L Convection, Crisp & Grill Microwave JQ280IX compares to other Microwaves

Chook
ChookHamilton

Broken on 2 occasion

The first Whirlpool we bought was about 15 years ago. It lasted for 12 years. We purchase the JQ280 in 2016 within 2 years it crashed and could not be repaired. It was replaced early this year. Today it crashed again with flash of light and terrible sound. The shop is taking it away and will give us our money back.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Dave
DaveSydney

Pretty good

I have been using this for around 6 months now and seems pretty good and 6 sense works good as well.This crisping tray non stick can get scratched easy so try not to cut things in ot IE pizza etc.Make sure you leave plenty of room around this as it can get quite hot on the convection side of things.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Val S
Val SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Whirlpool JQ280IX

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

Whirlpool JQ280 inferior to previous 12yr old model

Other Microwaves

hectic77Victoria

Good but not great.

Recently bought this over the smaller GT286 IX, due to its larger capacity and power options.
What's wrong with it, you may ask?
Firstly the microwave slides off my granite bench top if I don't keep one hand to hold the microwave and the other to open the door.
Secondly, the microwave continues to cook after the timer is lapsed. I find this be a big nuisance. Two simple things Whirlpool got wrong in my opinion. Otherwise, it's a great convention Microwave.

Microwaves

Grace
Graceasked

Hi, this will be our first purchase of a combo convection + microwave.
Question 1 : can you use the convection oven function separately without using any microwaves?
Question 2 : some brands that have been reviewed note that there is quite a bit of condensation inside the microwave. How does this model fare? Much condensation on the inside when cooking?
Thanks so much.

Lane
Lane

Q1. yes you select function of oven you need.
Q2. not much condensation on microwave function, so far I love this oven with all I have cooked in it with all types of functions. I got my at Harvey Norman and saved heaps compared to Good Guys.

Robbie V.asked

We purchased this microwave yesterday then read that it needs 30cm open ventilation above it. We have an underbench microwave cabinet where we planned to install it. Does anyone have theirs in a cabinet and did it cause any issues? We'd only have a 10cm gap above. I'm wondering if that would be sufficient.
Thanks in advance

Whirlpool
Anthony F.Whirlpool

Hi Robbie,
Due to the heat emitted from this microwave, it needs to be placed on a bench to ensure adequate ventilation. Enclosed spaced like cabinets are not recommended as there is not enough room around and above the microwave.
Regards

Robbie V.

Oh no. Not the answer I was hoping for. I watched every tutorial and not a mention of it needing to be on a bench. Nothing in the specs sheet either. I just stumbled across it when I downloaded the instruction book. I certainly don't have anywhere on a bench top to store this so a very costly underbench adjustment would be needed. I'm going to have to return it. Im so disappointed as this looks like THE most amazing microwave on the market

George
George

Ours is on the bench

Jennifer Dasked

My crisp and grill wont let me set seconds for over 10 seconds cooking time .how do i fix this

Whirlpool
Anthony F.Whirlpool

Hi Jennifer,
To change the cook time setting, just turn the knob after selecting the function that you want to use.
If you are turning the know and the time isn't changing, then there may be an issue with the microwave. It would be a good idea to give Arisit Technical Support a call on 1300 762 219 to see if they can recommend a solution or if they think the microwave needs repairs.
Regards

Jennifer D

Thank you so much tried that didnt work

See all Whirlpool 29L Convection, Crisp & Grill Microwave JQ280IX questions

Get an answer from our members and Whirlpool representatives

CategoryMicrowaves