Whispair X3M09S5 / X3M06S5 Questions & Answers

X3M09S5, X3M06S5, X3MD09S (Super Deep Undermount)

11 questions from our users

PrisL

PrisLasked

Whispair X3M09S5 / X3M06S5

We recently bought a whispair rangehood and had it installed. Everyone has mentioned it is so easy to clean but we cant work out how to remove the baffle filter? Where are the two screws locatated that are mentioned in the manua? We cant see the screws.

Hi PrisL,
Thanks for your great question! Actually, the baffle filters themselves aren't screwed into position. To remove them simply lift the filter toward the front edge using the knob on the underside of the filter. Then slide the filter forward (toward the front of the hood). This will enable the rear of the filter to clear the grease trap channel located at the rear of the hood. From here the filter can be dropped down.

If it's been a little while since the filter has been removed and cleaned, excess grease can build up causing the filter to 'stick' to the hood. So, you may need to use a little force to lift the filter upwards. We also recommend spraying the area with hot soapy water and boiling a pot of water under the area which will assist with breaking the grease down.

The two screws you mentioned above are actually located in the grease trap channel located at the rear of the hood. This channel can be removed for cleaning; however, it can just be wiped clean with a damp soapy cloth.

I hope this helps! If you have any other queries or if you need additional assistance with the filters, please feel free to contact our office on 03 8593 9600 or info@hausgroup.com.au

The Whispair Team

ANTHONY P.

ANTHONY P.asked

Krisha Alerzhan
1 review
a year ago
I have done a lot research and I believe the best investment I made in my kitchen was my rangehood. I purchased a Whispair rangehood that sits in the overhead cupboards and it has the motor that sits on the roof and all I hear inside is the air passing through the commercial baffle filters. I have been used to having a jet engine of rangehood that every time I turned it on my kids would have to turn the TV up to maximum to combat the sound. I cannot believe that product like this existed, I am very impressed. I would highly recommend this product.
we need a range hood for a 900 wide cook top as per the comment above

Vishal

Vishalasked

Whispair X3MD09S

I am building my new house. I am looking for very very quiet slideout rangehood. Please suggest me the excellent one. I am happy to spend money to get the right product for my new house.
My E mail is vishal060610@gmail.com.

Vishal

Lyn B.asked

Whispair X3M09S5 / X3M06S5

We live in a 2 storey townhouse, our current rangehood, is best described as decoration only. I'm curious about how this works and if it would be suitable for our home.

Hi Lyn,
Thanks for the question. If you would like to send some images of your current layout through to us on email of both inside and outside external wall, we would be happy to propose and explain some options that would be available to you. Please send the email through to info@hausgroup.com.au. Thanks Lyn, Whispair team.

Lyn B.

Thank you, I'll get some pics in the morning.

Leith. Whittaker

Leith. Whittakerasked

Whispair X3M09S5

I am having a humming noise come very 10 minutes and goes for one minute? Also the fan won't turn on unless I press timer.

Hi Leith,

That is very odd. Please get in touch with us so we can get this rectified for you so you can get back to using your rangehood. Please be in contact via email on info@hausgroup.com.au or 03 8593 9600 and we will get it sorted out for you straight away.

Thanks Leith - Whispair Team

Irene L.

Irene L.asked

Whispair X3M09S5 / X3M06S5

Looking at rangehoods for a kitchen renovation.
We have a flat roof and do not have sufficient wall or roof cavity for metres of ducting so we understand that an external motor will not be possible. Is this true?
The rangehood will be on an external wall over a 90cm gas range and air can be expelled thru the wall behind the range.
I am impressed with the extraction capacity of onboard motor Whispair but I cannot find any sound/decibel data of operation At low and maximum speeds.
Do you have this information? Thank you.

Hi Irene,

Thanks for the question.
It is possible to install a remote motor through a flat roof, but having a short duct run you will lose the advantage of the reduced noise that comes with a remote motor system. We usually recommend 3.5 meters from rangehood to remote motor system with a slight bend, whether the motor is mounted onto the roof or wall. The 3.5 meters is the ideal installation duct run as the motor and its associated noise will be outside and you will have inside, just air movement noise.

For your installation type we would recommend either onboard motor solution (Power 1020m3/hr or Ultra 1680m3/hr). All our undermount and wall canopies can be top and back ducted, so it gives you the flexibility to choose the duct outlet position. We usually recommend making it top ducted and running a 90 degree bend on the ducting and then make a penetration through the wall to vent.

With regards to the sound pressure levels on maximum (boost) speed on each of the onboard motors the 1020m3/hr motor is 53.9 dB(A) and the 1680m3/hr is 56.5 dB(A). If you have any further questions please be in contact on info@hausgroup.com.au or 03 8593 9600.

Thanks Irene - Whispair Team

Allan

Allanasked

Whispair X3M09S5

sometimes my rangehood wont turn on and sometimes it turns on by itself

SusieW
SusieW

Haven't had this problem myself, have you phoned the factory, I have found them very helpful when deciding which unit to buy?

sandi888asked

Whispair X3M06S5

I live in regional NSW. Does anyone know where can I purchase a Whispair X3M06S5 rangehood online? Thanks.

Tom C
Tom C

Hi, I would ring them direct they were very helpful around product selection and from what I understood if there is no retailer close to you, I believe they deliver to your cabinet maker/builders address for free. If you are reading my post, I can't recommend this product enough just so quiet even on boost speed.

sandi888

Hi Tom C, thanks for your response. I called the company and they were wonderful to deal with. Delivered our Whispair rangehood to my workplace and it was installed along with our new gas cooktop around a month ago. I couldn't agree more about Whispair's quiet operation and ease of cleaning. Compared to our previous rangehood, this one wins hands down!

Not happy

Not happyasked

Whispair X3M09S5

Any idea how many watts the motors are? No specs.

JustaPerson

JustaPersonasked

Whispair X3M09S5

Does anyone live in Canberra with a whispair rangehood? I honestly can’t decide between the Schweigen 1600m3 and the whispair 1140m3. I can buy the schweigen for $60 more but think whispair design is better looking.

Jan

Janasked

Whispair X3M09S5 / X3M06S5

Are they available in East Gippsland. ?
If so where.It is possible to buy Sth Eastern suburbs Melbourne. Thank you Jan Bogaart

Zahra
Zahra

Hi Jan, best strategy is to ring the Whispair office as it based in the southeast of Melbourne and they will direct you to the closest retailer. They were very helpful company to deal with when I rang them. Z

Get an answer from our members and Whispair representatives