White Knight Paints

White Knight Paints Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

40 questions from our users

Ray D

Ray Dasked

How long after you paint concrete is it safe if you get a shower of rain?

Doug

Dougasked

How long does Spray enamel take to dry on plywood ? I have waited two days in 26 deg and soon as you touch the paint surface it leaves a hand print THANKS doug

Andray M

Andray Masked

hullo there, thanks for making good products. My question is what is the life span of your paint after proper application on the surface.

Fred P

Fred Pasked

Why has Squirts spray cans gone to acrylic based paint. I have used and recommended Squirts Enamel Proudly for 20 Years and this new stuff is absolute rubbish for my normal spraypaint use.It will not stick to oil based undercoats. WHY THE CHANGE?

rudi

rudiasked

what thining medium to use for spraying rust guard quick dry

Fionaasked

Hi everyone
I have read the instructions and watched multiple videos. They all paint with a paint brush. Other products such as rust-oleum can be rolled. Has anyone rolled white knights for a bath?

TJBrissie
TJBrissie

Yes. I used a paint brush. It was great finish however 6 months down the track and the paint of the bottom of the bath bubbled and peeled off.

Fiona

So has anyone applied this product with a roller instead of a paint brush

Julia
Julia

I have used a 9 nap small micro fibre roller for White Knight Laminate Primer followed by Tile Paint which gave an excellent finish on laminate kitchen doors. I guess in a bath water would somehow get under the paint over time and start to lift.

Kurt

Kurtasked

I have to re coat my front verandah it's been painted twice before but the last coat is peeling in some areas it wasn't undercoat last time. Question what sort of undercoat should I use?

Rod
Rod

Sorry Kurt, I am not a professional painter and do not know the situation with your verandah. You choose the undercoat/primer to suit the material and situation that is to be painted. It is very important that the old surface is prepared before being re-coated. Normally it only needs to be keyed (sanded to rough the old surface) and cleaned so the new paint can stick. If the sanding process exposes the underlying material you would then apply more undercoat before the topcoat. If the old paint is flaking then it has to be removed because repainting will not restore the bond between the old paint and the underlying surface. You use different undercoats and primers for internal and external situations and for different materials like masonry, metal, wood or manufactured sheeting like fibro-cement or plasterboard. I would suggest you go to a specialist paint retailer and describe the situation and get their advice on specific products to use.

Gabrielle Fletcher

Gabrielle Fletcherasked

After using the tile and laminate preparation, I have coated with the white knight tile paint on tiles and laminate...it has come up fantastic!!! Saved two thousand dollars...Is there a clear gloss I can put over the cupboards, after second coat of white knight?? To make them really shiny?? Or will it just fry???

Roadster
Roadster

I'm not sure if I can say it here but I use the Britsh paints gloss clear over the white knight and looks great. The more matte the base coat, the better the gloss coat pops! Good luck!

Lisa

Lisaasked

I have applied your two part clear benchtop system to my benchtops following your instructions exactly. After two coats the finish is dull and you can easily see streaklines. How do you suggest I proceed to rectify the problem?

Doylie
Doylie

Don't expect an answer from white knights, they don't respond to the myriad of criticisms they receive. I had a lot of trouble doing a timber bench top. Resorted to a spray can lacquer to get rid of the brush strokes, just watch out at the end of the can, it leaves it frosty looking.

Yvette

Yvetteasked

Can the tub/tile paint only be sprayed on?

Hi Yvette

I haven't repainted a tub, only kitchen & vanity doors and of course I repainted the shower tiles, kitchen splashback & kick board. These I rolled so not sure about spraying a tub. Sorry

phil
phil

Spraying this type of product will give the finish an even and consistant coverage.If recommended by the maker follow their recommendation.Good luck.

Kez

Kezasked

Hi! Can the paint component be tinted? We have a rose pink claw bath that suites the bathroom but the previous owners obviously didn't prepare it properly and the paint has peeled off. White would be too modern for this bath.
Cheers!
Kerry

Julie B

I actually painted my kitchen cupboards, not a bath, but you can tint the laminate paint to any colour you want, I did.

Rena

Hi. Not sure about the bath paint but the tile and laminate paint can be tinted to any colour you want. I just went into the Taubmans shop with a colour swatch and they tinted the white paint to 'timeless grey' which I have on one feature wall in the bedroom. I then painted the ensuite tiles this grey colour so there is a great flow and uniformity to the two rooms. Greys are very popular at the moment and changed the bathroom from 'nana peach' with flowers to trendy grey which pops against crisp white walls & sparkling chrome accessories. It's hardly recognisable as the same room!

Disyasked

Hello, I'm about to prep my bath in readiness to use Bath and Basin. I've just watched the youtube video and I'm wondering whether a metal primer is required over the bare metal that's been exposed by the grinder. I also need to grind or sand off some rust, the presenter didn't mention a metal primer?
Thanks Di

Julie B

Hi Disy, I'm sorry I cannot answer your question as I painted my kitchen cupboards, not a bath. All I can say is that you must follow the instructions to the letter if you want great results. Perhaps you could contact White Knight directly and ask them. Cheers Julie

Yes, will do, thank you

Ando

Andoasked

Can I use 'tub and tile' products and technique to paint floor tiles in my ensuite? It would be white over white as current tiles have minor scratches and dirty looking grout.

White Knight A.White Knight

Hello Ando, Tub n Tile would may not be ideal for use on floor tiles in general areas. The high gloss finish could be slippery when wet and scuffing from walking on it could scratch the surface.

Roy
Roy

Hello Ando, I would not use Tube and tile on the floors, It would not take a lot of wear and would brake down and also very dangerous because it would be very slippery.
You could just paint the grout only which would make a tremendous difference I painted my tile floor in the laundry and toilet I find the joints stay so much cleaner and the so much easer to clean, floor looks just like a new tile job.The The best way to paint the tile is to:
Sand the joints with 120 grit sandpaper folded up sand paper and fold it in narrow strips and run the sandpaper along the joints, Clean all joints with a vacuum cleaner. And then paint the joints with oil paint semi gloss you thin the paint down with turps. just use the tip of the brush. The way used to do the job I would put just a small amount paint on the paint lid about quarter of an egg cup thin the paint about 20 per cent you will need the buy a paint brush called a lining Fitch it is a narrow brush. If was doing the job I would use 1: inch brush you can buy them in any good paint store, you will also need to use a strait edge it is only a piece of wood two feet long it is much better using a strait edge you will get a much neater lines that way . Good luck Ando

Tom S.

Tom S.asked

My gloss acrylic enamel seems a bit thick. Can I thin it with water?

Rena

If you are using the tile paint, stick to the letter of all instructions and watch the video. Stir the paint for at least 5mins and I would certainly NOT add water to the formula!!

White Knight A.White Knight

Hi Tom, our paints are typically manufactured to be ‘ready for use’ after being thoroughly stirred. Thinning may sometimes be required if spraying or painting during very hot conditions which is not recommended or if the lid has been left of the can. White Knight Gloss Acrylic Enamel can be thinned up to 5% with water when brushing or rolling and up to 10% water if spraying. Please keep in mind that when thinning paint, the opacity can be reduced.

Frankie

Frankieasked

Cleaning painted laminate. Hi there, I have seen some blogs suggest that cleaning painted kitchen laminate cupboards is a challenge, and I know that abrasive cleaners are not supposed to be used. I currently have to clean my laminate cupboards with an abrasive liquid cleaner because they have a rough surface design. What is others' experience with cleaning after painting with this product and what do you use? Thanks!

Rena

I used the tile paint on my kitchen laminate doors to achieve a gloss finish. I just use a damp micro fibre cloth to wipe over the kitchen cabinet doors.

julieam1951

julieam1951asked

Rust Guard quick dry Primer TRUE BITE. I wish to prime my alum garage roller doors, sanded chalky paint off and wiped clean. Is this paint suitable for alum metal, and can I thin it to brush on? Thanking you for your ASAP reply. Cheers, Neville

White Knight A.White Knight

Hi there, True Bite is a suitable for all types of bare metals that have been prepared for painting including aluminium. Generally the product is ready for use out of the can once thoroughly stirred but if you personally require a thinner paint up to 5% water can be added when brushing or rolling.

paul

paulasked

I want to spay my aluminium house windows. They are old and original brown coating is etched and weathered. I tried brush painting but it took to long and left a lot of brush marks. I have rustgard enamel satin black. can I use GP thiners to with this paint or do I need a specific thiner?

Robyn V
Robyn V

Not able to help you sorry

vito

vitoasked

Hello, I`m planning to paint my laminex kitchen cupboards doors (I don't like the present colour) using your product. A cabinet maker friend of mine told me that the paint will not stick to the smooth laminex doors unless I sand them down first and if so how much sanding (light, heavy sanding...?). Thanks, Vito

Aly

Yes you need to clean clean and clean all the areas to be painted using white knight tile and laminate cleaner. You will also need to prime all areas that you are painting using white knight tile and laminate primer. Watch the videos they are really useful. I have had no peeling from the paint from the tiles, benchtop or cupboards

giselle.cartridge

giselle.cartridgeasked

Am using the white knight squirts quick dry multi purpose enamel in gold to spray paint my bike rims and bike. Why does this paint just flake off and turn to water when petrol comes into contact?

Lynda
Lynda

No idea and don't know why I was asked to answer. My son gave me suggestion that the paint is flaking from the edge of the patio, where the concretor smoothed the edges like they do on a footpath. He suggests that the smoothness gives it nothing to cling to, unless the rest of the patio has been "roughed up" and it's not flaking from there.

Aly

Gosh that question is really out of my knowledge, I suggest you email white knight with your problem, they got back to me quickly when I contacted them with a question. Hope you find your answer soon

Louise

Louiseasked

Hi, can you paint PowerPoint covers with laminate paint?

White Knight A.White Knight

Hello Louise, White Knight Laminate Paint is unfortunately not designed nor recommended for use over power point covers.

Get an answer from our members and White Knight representatives