White Knight Paints

White Knight Paints Questions & Answers (page 2 of 3)

54 questions from our users

Anton W.

Anton W.asked

Can I use white knight gloss clear on top of sanding sealer?

Emily Jane C.

Yup. Works best this way. Just make sure to do proper prep and clean

SJ Bradford

SJ Bradfordasked

I'm having trouble getting the chalk off the white knight chalk paint. We have painted it on Gyprock.

Mae

Maeasked

Can I spray Gloss lacquer over Satin

Imbejan

Yes you can if the satin finish has cured (5 to 7 days after application)

Robert S

Just buy a high gloss paint for the right effect, and yes.

Robert L.

Robert L.asked

Can you white knight paint to paint shower floor tiles

Imbejan

I do not think white knight paint will be the answer to painting shower floor tiles unless it is specifically identified for use on wet ceramics. There are other paints that meet this criterion.

Robert S

I would not recommend white knight paint for a tiled shower floor, you would need a specialised paint for this job, there are also company’s that specialise in this work depending on your budget.

Hi Robert,
They do not recommend it, one because of the moisture content and secondly because it’s not a structural paint, most recommend a 2pac paint, however I did both shower floors, the en-suite is used 4 times a day and has been over 12 months now and I have not had any problems with it. I cleaned the shower really well with their tile cleaner and give it a really good sand as mine were glossy tiles to rough up the surface to help first coat of undercoat to adhere then applied two coats of under coat and two finish coats of colour, sanding in between each coat. Left it to dry for 14 days before applying the silicone. I only use jif with a chux to clean it each week. The issue is because of the water constantly sitting on it, I use a shower caddy to put all my shampoo/conditioner bottles on...nothing left sitting on the shower floor and make sure each night that there is no water pooling in spots, i wouldn’t use any of those suction type rubber mats or that would over time possibly cause an issue. I used the glossy based one to match the rest of the bathroom floor and between first colour coat and again on the final coat sprinkled a small amount of glitter ( yes glitter ) and it helped to prevent it from being slippery. When I had to renew the silicone I allowed the shower to dry for a couple of days before removing it with a plastic silicone remover stick...no sharp objects like knives. Paint stayed on then allowed a couple of days for silicone to cure. This of course will only works if you have two bathrooms...most reviews I’ve read people haven’t been overly confident with the paint...I’m big on preparation even if it takes more time. I personally love my bathrooms and happy I’ve done them. Temperature and humidity can also play a big part in the process of drying times. Hope this helps.

Marg

Margasked

I have painted my metal letterbox with Rust Guard epoxy enamel, can I now apply splashes water based enamel over the top.

Hi Marg,
If you used and oil based product previously you would have to sand it then recommend using a primer prior to painting in a water base product or it may peel off or flake.
Regards Kol

helenws

helenwsasked

How do I get the lid off the spray paint can?

Liz

Lizasked

Can you use this on metal bird cages?

Emily Jane C.

Depends which product you mean. White Knight makes a LOT of paints. Have used their Super Gold on fine metalwork before - great results but a lot of effort. Follow steps in my previous posts. Use rust remover and primer. It says you don’t need them but you totally do if you want a bright true reflective metal effect. Leave WAY longer between coats than you think, gently rough up surfaces between coats with REALLY fine sandpaper between. DO only do EXTREMELY light coats of Super Gold - like you’ll still see the primer in spots between coats one and two, Give it a week to totally cure. Don’t use a clear coat to seal like I suggested for wood. Don’t use isopropyl between coats of Super Gold but DO make sure you’ve removed sanding filings before next coat. The Super Gold works best on metal.

Frenchy

Frenchyasked

Is whites crystal clear water resistant?

Nagji

Nagjiasked

Can i thin water based enamel paint with water?

roy

royasked

which paint can be used to refurbish tired wood?

Mick

Mickasked

The Quick dry Acrylic touch up can this be applied to previously painted surfaces? eg a coated outside screen door

Mike

alexander archibald

alexander archibaldasked

can rust guard epoxy enamel be used on cement out side statues?

Michael J

Michael Jasked

Can I tint the bath and tub 2 pack paint?

Bazza

Bazzaasked

can I thin, Rust guard quick dry water based enamel?

Ray D

Ray Dasked

How long after you paint concrete is it safe if you get a shower of rain?

Doug

Dougasked

How long does Spray enamel take to dry on plywood ? I have waited two days in 26 deg and soon as you touch the paint surface it leaves a hand print THANKS doug

Andray M

Andray Masked

hullo there, thanks for making good products. My question is what is the life span of your paint after proper application on the surface.

Fred P

Fred Pasked

Why has Squirts spray cans gone to acrylic based paint. I have used and recommended Squirts Enamel Proudly for 20 Years and this new stuff is absolute rubbish for my normal spraypaint use.It will not stick to oil based undercoats. WHY THE CHANGE?

rudi

rudiasked

what thining medium to use for spraying rust guard quick dry

Fionaasked

Hi everyone
I have read the instructions and watched multiple videos. They all paint with a paint brush. Other products such as rust-oleum can be rolled. Has anyone rolled white knights for a bath?

TJBrissie
TJBrissie

Yes. I used a paint brush. It was great finish however 6 months down the track and the paint of the bottom of the bath bubbled and peeled off.

Fiona

So has anyone applied this product with a roller instead of a paint brush

Julia
Julia

I have used a 9 nap small micro fibre roller for White Knight Laminate Primer followed by Tile Paint which gave an excellent finish on laminate kitchen doors. I guess in a bath water would somehow get under the paint over time and start to lift.

Get an answer from our members and White Knight representatives