Wideline Windows and Doors

Wideline Windows and Doors (page 2 of 2)

• Job Satisfaction

Public Warning - Do Not Use This Company!!

If i had the choice to give NO stars i would!!!
Terrible service. Workers do not understand their job. Pack of monkeys. They are cheap but you get what you paid for! Trust me pay more and get a better service, a better product and better people. They have no respect for the $1000's of dollars we spent in windows, threw them on the floor, damaged part of our building, promised it would be done in 4-6 weeks 3 months later we where still waiting. From the workers to the managers to the big bosses - all such a disgrace.

Timt

TimtSydney Surrounds, NSW

Look elsewhere

HK.F

HK.FSydney, NSW

Worst company, Worst customer service.

Bought some parts on there website. item never arrive its been a mouth already. Contact them they did not reply. What a f....king joke.

Unhappy

S.K.Freshwater

The Wideline Experience

najon1

najon1AU

Gaps and water leaks in windows

We have Wideline windows and doors as we built with Metricon and that is what they said was best for noise reduction. The windows have gaps at the corners, when it rains water fills in the sills. Terrible quality.

MargieSydney, NSW

The Worst products I have ever bought and regret spending so much money with this company

Margie

Still stand by all of these comments 2 years on Poor quality windows & doors. I could start another post about the terrible locks which have been dodgy since day 1. Stay away from this builder company and their products

davidbayon

davidbayonSydney

Appalling service - STAY AWAY!

Non Australian standards

Thetruth

Thetruth

Poor quality product

Our new house was supplied with Wideline brand aluminium Windows and doors. The doors locks have been replaced within a year, the double glazed Windows hardly work as they are poorly designed & let too much noise in. The fixed glass windows at the back of the house have mostly leaked at their seals, causing water damage to our internal laminate floors in one instance. We had no choice in the Windows & door supplier as the builder (Montgomery Homes) forced them on us. The seals on the window that damaged the floor are less than 2 years old. If you can, ask around and find the window and door supplier that has credentials that are given by private builders and owner/ builders.

See all Wideline Windows and Doors reviews

Steve

Steveasked

Why would Wideline, make the windows x 3 and one door bigger, than our already built holes in the wall/stud opening size? I have spent all day trying to have the company speak to me on the phone, yet I am receiving emails of which my questions are NOT being responded too and the NSW Manager told me to go to Department of Fair Trading and he would be happy to talk to them (smugly/scarcastically I feel) and would start a file just in case. I have contacted DFT. We will proceed as requested by DFT staff to raise a formal complaint. I also don't want other customers to be STUNG by an error, where the company is now stating that we were ALL talking about aluminium window size (how could we, we don't know the aluminium profile of a double hung, fixed and double hung windows, or a double/double hung window or a glass door). We were talking about the "stud opening size"/the holes in the wall. His conclusion was to have the two walls of three window openings and one door opening redone by our builder (like it was his fault). Thereby this would mean pulling down two walls part-there-of and pulling off all the outside cladding and removal of the sarking of the two walls, to incorporate the larger than ordered windows. How did staff take my constant comments of "the holes are already built for the windows and doors" and produce windows and doors that do not fit the 'stud size opening' already there months ago? This is all so very tiring and should not be happening. Wideline did not supply windows/door on the agreed date costing us two builders that came and therefore could not fit the windows/door on that Tuesday as they were then coming on Friday (no apology, no compensation and a loss for us as we had to pay two builders for windows/door that did not come. Then when they came on Friday. The windows and door were too big and did not fit our holes in the wall. I am off to start the official paperwork of DFT and advised to take photos of the "holes in the wall". Where and how did this all go so very wrong? Wideline staff even talked to our builder who stressed that the sizes given were "stud opening size" ONLY. Staff told me that they can work out the reveals and the window size within this size opening. I clarified numerous times, these are the holes in the wall/stud opening size. I said will you be able to work out the reveals and windows within the holes already in the wall. Staff replied Yes, I can work this out as this is my job. As stated above on Friday the windows x 3 and door arrived and two builders hired to put these items into our wall openings, could not believe it, they were too big! At our expense for two builders @ 8 hours each, we continue to have no fitted windows or door and our building is open to the weather and has stopped us from lining the inside. Our conclusion; Wideline is in a hurry to get your money 50% up front, then full payment two weeks before delivery date and the day before delivery at 10.40pm via email on our phone, we are advised that the delivery date of Tuesday 12 January (my husband took the day off to reduce our cost of a second builder) was not happening due to a "material delay". Delivery date gets changed with little explanation or apology, then we were dragged out as to what day and told it could be anytime through to 5.30 pm. We were going to a funeral with a locked gated property. Our builders finished at 3.30pm. We had to push for a delivery for the Friday where our builders had started early, finishing jobs and once again our builders were present waiting for the windows/doors to come to install. I was told on Thursday to call back on Friday at 8.30 am I would be told what time the delivery would be. It was 11am. They put on another truck to drop these windows/doors to our property and after all of this, they are too big and will not fit into our stud opening/hole in the wall. This is NOT good enough! Any of it. Amanda ICAG Inc.

fran

franasked

Hi, have just done a final inspection of our new house built by Montgomery homes. We have windows that wind outwards, however the hinges only go so far, ie they do not straighten so the windows can only open a short space, as the chain seems to only go so far. Is there a trick to going further, or is that all they go, seems like a design fault if thats the case, very small opening with very little airflow? Hope to hear back from you, regards Fran Edwards

Michelle T.Wideline Windows and Doors

Hi Fran, we've just come upon your Question now. Can you please send an email to feedback@wideline.com.au with your house address so we can identify the type of window and hardware? Hope to hear from you soon.

Get an answer from our members and Wideline Windows and Doors representatives