1.6

12% · 1181 · 86%
Brand Manager for WikiCamps? Claim your listing.

Dissatisfied customer
Dissatisfied customerGoulburn Valley, VIC

What a crap show

What a crap show and I paid for the service. If a class action was to happen I would be part of it. It is a bloody disgrace, completely non-responsive
Bazz
Bazz24 posts

Unusable, a waste of money

Was a great app but upgrades have made it unusable, there is no help available. It's almost like the new owners want it to collapse.
Duane R.
Duane R.3 posts

Disappointed

Agree with other reviews . Gone downhill not worth money , just keeps crashing and can't use .Untill they fix this app not usable .............!
Rob
Rob

Wow how a large company can destroy a good

I have Been using this app for 10 years or more , and it was great . Now it’s slow , sites either have no reviews / fees or photos or only one or 2 . I would hope this is not deliberate by deleting sites / businesses that won’t pay a fee to be on their site . I was always very sceptical why one of the largest caravan chains ( discovery parks ) would pay for an app if it had no finically gain ?? For a company that should have better I T and resource than the previous owners is extremely disappointing .
Kevin
KevinGippsland, VIC2 posts

Woeful

Since the update this app is now practically useless. Either its been deliberately sabotaged or the new owners need to get some better IT gurus.
Rod T
Rod T

Updated wikicamps

Since the last update it has gone from the best caravan camping app to probably the worst, don't fix what isn't broken,too late.
rr
rrsyd11 posts

Was the best. Now the worst

Recent forced update has destroyed the usefulness of this app. Slow to load, maps freeze but even worse are the reviews and fees sections. The reviews and fees are very slow loading and randomly not displaying anything and in many cases years out of date.
These errors appear random by site. The app is basically useless for seeking information on sites after the recent update.
Barry Meredith
Barry MeredithNorthern Region, NSW36 posts

Absolutely useless!

If you can get into it its a plus !Then it freezes! Totally useless.
Eileen Ramsay
Eileen RamsayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Wiki camps

Keeps freezing
Since forced update seems much slower
Very slow
Was good originally
Edwin S.
Edwin S.Perth, WA

Completely useless

Program completely useless after update, question remains - intentionally? - thus avoid the new owners extremely overprized caravan parks
Mike C
Mike CPerth, WA3 posts

App is now so slow it is unuseable

App now takes ages to load and hangs on every keystroke or user input.
Complete waste of time.
truckcoffee
truckcoffeeSoutheast, SA2 posts

Update. .very much doubt it

Crashes. And more crashes ...remove your update waste of time
Wayne D.
Wayne D.Eyre Peninsula, SA12 posts

What happened

Wikicamps used to be great, but having FORCED updates that make Wikicamps almost unusable is insulting to paying customers, will be exploring Android Play store for a refund
Lenny B.
Lenny B.

was once the best, now unusable

ever since the upgrade its unusable
I have tried all fixes without luck
Wiki help is not any good. Keep telling me they are trying to fix it or have to wait till it loads.
Its terrible. It glitches all the time and very frustrating
Shame there is no real alternative to it anymore
Luko
LukoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Was good. Now since the forced update its terrible.. basically un usable.. hate it now and will be asking for a refund

Glitches constantly and takes forever to load. Very unhappy with it now
John W
John WLaunceston, TAS13 posts

Waste of Money

I bought this app as it was recommended. (should have looked at the reviews) So it is on my phone and Samsung Tablet. And like everyone said it is slow to start, stops at 16%, 22%, 45%. And when it opens it stops dead in its tracks. Then I get constant boxes saying it has stopped working. Very hit and miss with stability. Unloaded it and re installed it just incase but nope same issues. Really hard to justify keeping the app. If I can find something better I will dump this and use the other

Andrea G.
Andrea G.South Australia

was good...what went wrong

so slow, literally stops working at points. Very disappointing. Please fix.
Mjosmeister
Mjosmeister

Update killed the app

A great app was killed by a forced update. Bloody shame, big pity.
New owner (GDay parks: paid caravan parks) and now a lot of the free sites disappear? Hmmm
Jo H.
Jo H.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Lost everything

Same as all the other poor reviews. Currently on a trip with so much planned and since the upgrade its been soooo slow. Today my planner won't open my trip so I've lost all my data.
I've done all the resets and sent crash data to the team. But what do I do now!! Shame.
Fred P
Fred PBundaberg3 posts

Wikicamps has decamped from its members

Wikicamps App crashes repeatedly for weeks now and still not fixed.
Jimmyboy
Jimmyboy

Now Useless

Was a fantastic app, how they can get an upgrade so wrong that it is now unusable beats me. So much for testing before going live.....
clint_001
clint_001

Disgusting

used to be a quality app now its all but useless
TLM80
TLM80

Disgusted after update

Wikicamps owners - you need to do something. You are charging people for a product that no longer works. Very frustrated.
Deborah A
Deborah ASouth East Queensland, QLD

Wikicamps app upgrade

App is now so frustrating to use, slow to load. Reviews won't load at times. What was the upgrade for? Very disappointing. Got the old map out now.
Barry
BarryWestern District, VIC2 posts

Spoiled

This used to be a fantastic app, since the forced update I find it frustratingly slow. Sad it used to be so good
226myteddybear
226myteddybear5 posts

WHO THE HELL IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS HIDEOUS MESS???

Since the"UPGRADE" say what?? Everything had gone haywire, delays incredible, unable to access trips, lost selected camp sites, full trips not accessible any more.DELAYS ++ on every action you want to take.Having used Wiki for some years today's offering is abysmal to say the least.

Ken W.
Ken W.Hunter Region, NSW

Update on Windows 10 Hopeless

Since the recent update wikicamps on my Windows 10 PC is just so slow it is virtually unusable. Done all the suggested things by wikicamps and nothing helps. Wont update site content and cannot open trips. Cant believe that this wasn't fully tested prior to release. Also have ios version & it is a little better. I was in the process of planning a trip & It wont open either on windows or ios (iPad)
Bruce L.
Bruce L.South East Queensland, QLD

Why would you bother

Not useless but very close to it. Why would anybody turn a great product into an absolute nightmare?
Only get this if you have plenty of patience and spare time. Be warned, you may throw your device in anger and disgust.
Here's hoping somebody creates a better
Shiloh
ShilohPerth, WA5 posts

Lost years of trip data with upgrade, very upset

Wikicamps used to be the best travelling app available until this recent June 2023 update.
We are in the middle of a lap of Australia, we spent months entering places, information & notes etc into the Trip Planner section, this plus our numerous previous trips we logged have all gone!
This is devastating for us as we not only had our latest trip planned out but also had so much travel history in it also, almost heartbreaking.
Whenever I try to use the app now it constantly freezes & takes forever to load, I now cannot trust this app any longer & will look for an alternative!
Graham S.
Graham S.2 posts

Disappointing (since update)

This was a great app but since the recent update is slow and difficult to use. Hopefully the great functionality of the previous version can be restored.
Craig
CraigGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC19 posts

It's now stuffed!

Bring back the original owners of WikiCamps.. Since the latest update it is absolutely pathetic.. Updates to Site Content now takes days, even with. fast Internet connection. The Facebook site for WikiCamps is mediated so any complaints are deleted before listing. They do not reply to any emails.. This App was the best ever and I have been using it since the beginning.. but now.. It's worthless. .. Looking for something else now. What a joke.
B Robinson
B RobinsonSydney, NSW6 posts

The upgrade is a dog's breakfast

The hardest part to deal with is the poor comms and when downloading from the app stores no notice that they were experiencing issues. The issues were layered, if you had a backlog of trips they were lost, free sites appear to be now removed as it seems to conflict with the new owners wanting you to use paid caravan sites. I was able to contact Apple and Microsoft App stores and request a refund as the App no longer works and you cant trust it to retain any trip plans you create as they cease to be accessible after about 3 hours...
Robert Beames
Robert Beames2 posts

Want a refund

I was forced to do the upgrade now it doesn't work
Wayne
WayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wiki camp rip off

Was a great app but absolutely useless now since forced update, how they can just keep taking peoples money for an app that doesn’t even work is just wrong. Better off getting CAMPEDIA App
Rod
Rod

Great campsites near Winton now gone

Since the update it has become apparent that known free sites are starting to disappear from the App. Latest update June 2023 has lost my data of past 10 years. Very disappointed at new owner company.
Mick
Mick2 posts

So Called Up Grade destroys Wiki Camps

Wiki Camps was great until the forced upgrade. Completed the upgrade as per instructions. Initially couldn’t access my trips but once I could I had lost the last 3rd of our current trip. I spent hours re- entering the trip details & then once it attempted to sync it created an error & I can’t access our current trip at all (5000k’s into an 8000k trip), so extremely frustrating. Emailed support but no response.

David E.
David E.Queensland2 posts

Worst app ever !!

This has become the worst app for travellers and everyone should find a different app to use, as wikicamps are not going to fix the problem.
Jac
Jac

Was great before update - worked perfectly now they have broken it completely

As previous reviews state the app doesn't work properly on Windows 11 since the update even though WK said it was an issue with IOS. Lost two trip plans, which took me weeks to do, because of the sync issues. Just before I had a chance to 'print' my plan the app synced my last change and then I couldn't open the plan again. Once it sync's you can't access your trip plan no matter what you try. Don't bother purchasing this app or at least don't rely on it for your trip plan - ok for research but now we're going the old fashioned way and writing our plan on paper! Not sure I'll trust it again to spend time making an 'online' plan anyway. Such a shame as they really don't seem to know what to do to fix it now.
John
JohnKINGSVILLE24 posts

Recent so called update has killed WikiCamps

Worst possible result and no one at WikiCamps knows what to do
Steve
Steve4 posts

Total rubbish with latest update

Since June 23 update app has become useless not worth it anymore

Extra Information

Brand Manager for WikiCamps? Claim your listing.