Wilson SuperX

Wilson SuperX Questions & Answers

Brand Manager for Wilson? Claim your listing.
Austin B.
Austin B.

I have a SuperX Wilson hot water system I'm assuming that is what it is. Has a inlet line an outlet line with a expansion valve from what I've gathered. What does the valve do? As my hot water is barely luke warm when I shower and if I even turn the cold tap on ever so slightly it goes freezing It's barely warm enough to stand under without the other part of your body (without water on it) getting cold asf. Can someone pls lmk how to fix on my own it can't be rocket science and require me to call the company money is tight enough as is atm...

Anthony W.
Anthony W.

How do I adjust the temperature on the hot water to make it hotter

WILFRED M.
WILFRED M.

My Willson superx hot water system is not working properly.The water is only luke warm

Pete

No they are a balanced unit, temp is pre-set to adjust to cold water flow.
They are rubbish. If it's luke warm it could anyone of several issues

Garry G.
Garry G.

Can the temperature be turned down.

Pete

No they are a balanced unit, temp is pre-set to adjust to cold water flow.
They are rubbish.

buzz
buzz

Is temp adjustable

Fred C.
Fred C.

No adjustment. That's 1 issue relating to excess water use showering. One time I had a phase drop out leaving the water luke warm. As it was summer I left the repair until Autumn. Saved a little water 4 that time.

Graham BUNGATE
Graham BUNGATE

I have heard that the cold water input connection can be drilled a bigger hole so the water flows faster and does not get over hot. Is this true and acceptable

Gladys Gauci

How do I get hot water in the shower to remain hot ?

Hi
Iv hot a Wilson super x and the hot water is not really hot and if it happens to get hot it goes to lukewarm in a few seconds.
I cannot have a hot shower.
What can I fo to rectify that?

Phoebe

How do you conect the 240 volt , all terminal wires are red?

Phoebe

Wilson instant hot water unit wiring diagram, all wires are RED

Graham C.
Graham C.

How do you ajust temprature onx2

aussie aussie aussie
aussie aussie aussie

You adjust the temperature by altering the input flow, the faster the water runs through it, the cooler it will be, restrict the flow and it gets hotter, ie turn the tap off slightly and it will get hotter. . . not very good heaters for low pressure areas, they have a thermal / over heat cut out that cuts the power supply when it gets too hot, that's what the loud clunk is.

peter
peter

If on a 3 phase wilson X system one element is open circuit ( amp tested ) are the single element replaceable

LisF

My heater is set to far too hot. Even in Winter.
In Summer I have to put so much cold in, it's a huge waste of water.
Please how do I adjust it?
Thanks, Lis.

Felix

There's no way to adjust the temperature of the unit except for temporarily disconnecting one of the three phases from the heating unit (which would reduce the heating to about 2/3 of the maximum, maybe enough for your needs) - talk to an electrician about doing that if you aren't comfortable opening it up and moving wires around yourself.

LisF

Thank you so much, Felix! Will do!

Steve
Steve

Doing your own electrical work or employing an unlicensed person to do it for you, is very dangerous. You and your family risk electrocution or fire.

Licensed electrical contractors have been expertly trained and will guarantee the quality of their work. It is also illegal for an unlicensed person to carry out electrical work, including modifications to fixed wiring.
Furthermore to the risk of life or fire, if there were to be some unfortunate incident arise from your DIY (or in fact illegal advice) you will likely find that your insurance company will void your claim.

So "Thanks Felix" your advice has potentially done one or all of the above.

peace202472
peace202472

He said "speak to an Electrician"

Ian Penrose

I purchased a rental unit in June 2019. It has a Wilson Model WISX 6 installed. Last week my tenant reported there was suddenly no hot water. I investigated by checking fuses and removing the system cover. I discovered the Red reset button and reset the unit. It worked again. The tenant has been away for a few days over Xmas and returned to discover no hot water again. I asked her to check the fuses(actually circuit breakers in the meter box not fuse wire). They are ok. She is 70 and is not able to check the reset button. I live in Kelmscott and have not had a chance to check myself but I assume it has tripped again which indicates there is a fault.
The label says manufactured July 2017. But I have no idea when it was installed. I was given no paperwork regarding the installation.Can you please check if your authorised electrician did the installation and if it is still under warranty? The unit is in Shoalwater WA. Thanks
Ian Penrose Mobile 0418926629

Ian Penrose

Update 31/12/19. Drove from Kelmscott to Shoalwater and reset the top red button again. Had hot water when I left. Found the actual Wilson website and sent them an email regarding the problem. I thought this was their website when I posted my question but now realise this is an independent review website.

Ian Penrose

Update 31/1/2020. A month later.

Wilson’s phoned me on the long weekend from my message on their website. Said he would check on warranty when the office opened next week. I was impressed at prompt reply.Their serviceman Glen came on the Tuesday which was the first work day after the NewYear holiday. Wilson’s supplied the $30 part free and I paid the call out fee of $154.00. I was happy with the prompt service. The hot water has been working perfectly for the last month so the problem is fixed.

Ian Penrose

Update. The unit failed completely 9 months after the repair. Was replaced on 16/10/20 at a cost of $880. So that is one repair $154 and a complete replacement $880 just 39 months after the original manufacture date. I am not impressed with this hotwater system.

Gladys Gauci

Have you found a good instanious hot water system.

Ian Penrose

I have Bosch instantaneous gas in several rentals and they are long lasting and reliable. Unfortunately I have 3 properties in a complex where there is no gas so am stuck with these Wilson units. One of the brand new ones only lasted about 12 months but was replaced under warranty.

cathryn french
cathryn french

I need to adjust the temperature as the hot water is just lukewarm. Your answer was :" The slower the flow of water the hotter it will be" then later you advised " the tap or valve that feeds cold water into it should be on full" which is the answer to adjust the temperature?

Andrea

" the tap or valve that feeds cold water into it should be on full" I didn’t advise this. I said the slower the flow the hotter it will be. You could always contact Wilson direct.

Felix

Your problem may be related to one or more of the three heating elements being broken / burned out. If all three are working then you should be getting water probably above 60 degrees C from a tap nearby, otherwise it's possible that it is only working at 2/3 or 1/3 heating power due to a partial failure.

Hi Andrea,
In my experience, slowing down the flow of water at the HW tap causes the WilsonSX, at first, to provide hotter water momentarily but then it turns off and goes cold. This heater DOES require the tap to be fully opened for it to function properly.

Paul K
Paul K

Can the temperature be adjusted?

Andrea

Hi Paul, it can be from the flow tap which you’ll have next to the unit. The slower the flow of water the hotter it will be.

MGB

I dont believe it can really be adjusted. Andrea's advice works for a couple of minutes but eventually the heater stops heating and you're back to cold water again. Mine does that anyway.

Sarah A
Sarah A

We had a brand new Wilson Super X installed the other day by our landlord and today there is no hot water and I can't find anything on Google to give me any clue on what I can do about it. So frustrating. Any help?

Hi Sarah,

If your landlord personally installed it and he is not a licenced electrician then he may have voided the warranty. But if he is, then obviously all complaints about it have to go through him as he is obviously the one who purchased it and must have the receipt. If it had been installed by Wilson's nominated sparky then it owuld have been just a matter of a phone call and you would've been set as they come with a 2-yr warranty. Not much else I can tell you, really. Good luck.

ghiath

trinab
trinab

When I try to turn cold on with the hot for showers it goes freezing cold and I have to turn everything off and start again. I seem to either have boiling or freezing water. Is there something I can do? The box just has super-x#2 on it, so i think its a Wilson.

Ghiath

It sounds as if you have a water pressure difference between you r hot and cold pipes. make sure the pressure is the highest possible going into the Wilson (the tap or valve that feeds cold water into it should be on full open), though the unit itself may have some water pressure modulation valve inside it it should not be so restricted as to cause your cold water to take over completely and prevent hot water from coming out.

Unhappy purchaser

Do yourself a favour get rid of Wilson and buy a Stiebel SimpleX. Much better easier to install all the plumbing lines up and they look and work great

Unhappy purchaser

I have one you just turn the hot water on a little bit til it heats up then turn the tap more after that and add cold

Unhappy purchaser

If your units noisy get an electrician to look at it they can help. You can replace the noisy part

Anthony
Anthony

Iv had my NEW Wilson Super X installed for about 3 months now. Its not so quiet but learnt to live with it. Up until 3 days ago its been great instant hot water but lately the water has not been so hot but a luke warm. Is there anything i can do 2 adjust the heat?

Ghiath

I would immediately contact Wilson to put you onto your area service plumber who should come and fix or replace it since it is under warranty. There isn't much else you can do, I'm afraid. Wilson have a website and if you use their 'contact us' form they are pretty good about replying quickly.