2.7

44% · 113142 · 55%

Happy Customer
Happy Customer

Excellent Customer Service with Elise!

Elise so promptly (and so knowledgeably) assisted me with getting my gas and electricity connected. She had a smile in her voice the whole time and was extremely reassuring throughout the whole process! Thank you Elise! 10/10 customer service.

James
James

Brilliant customer service

Elise assisted me with follow up email on my questions regarding sustainable energy and all round easy enjoyable experience.would recommend this company to friends after dealing with Elise .really appreciated
Ldr
LdrGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Customer service experience

Elise from customer service was incredible to deal with. Professional, knowledgeable and more than helpful. Relocation to another home was organised swiftly and made easy by offering options on billing etc. Five stars.
Sandy
SandySouth East Queensland, QLD

Very helpful

Spoke to Elsie today and she was very friendly and helpful. A pleasure to deal with, all done in a timely manner. I am very pleased to recommend dealing with Elsie.
SIQI
SIQI

Shout out to Superstar Elise!

With Elise' help, it was quick and efficient to pay off the electricity bills that I have built up for months. She was very understanding and great to chat with. 10/10 experience!!

fernanda
fernandaSydney, NSW2 posts

Great customer service

I am moving out from my place and had to cancel my account (hot water and electricity). The staff was really great and helpful providing this service for me. Super fast.
Jess
JessGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic customer service

Elise was super friendly and helpful! She managed to update my details in a very quick timeframe and made the experience feel very easy. I am very happy with my experience. Thank you!
Neil Gleeson
Neil Gleeson2 posts

Kruger

Kruger was very helpful and great service..highly recommend.. so Thankyou very much .. we’ve been with win electricity fir 1 year now and resigned.. also use their hot water which is also a good price
Melissa
MelissaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent customer service

Elise was very helpful setting my new hot water account up over the phone. I was quite alarmed as I just received notice I needed a new account that day. Elise listened to me carefully and put my mind at ease straight away (I did not want to be without hot water). Thank-you Elise.

tayla
taylaIllawarra, NSW

Easy to deal with

Elise was very helpful. She was friendly and professional and made updating my details pain free. Setting up with Win connect was also a breeze. They explained the process to me as it was my first time living out of home and I felt confident with them handling my account
Cesar Contreras
Cesar ContrerasGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Setting up my connection day

I talked to Elise she was very clear with all de information such as rates billing period etc. Super friendly and patient with my terrible spelling "English isn't my first language" make me feel comfortable

Great experiences with costumer service so far I hope keeps like that.

Elizabeth T
Elizabeth TGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Quick and helpful

Spoke with the rep Sasweeni. She was very clear and made it very easy to get an extension. She gave me exact dates to make payments. Assured me that there is no problem with the extension.
Anna Schroeder
Anna SchroederGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Easy disconnect

Sasweeni made disconnection of my electricity connection super fast and easy. It was a Nice And quick easy phone call.
I didn’t have to dance around bringing connection to new house either
Ron
RonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Elise is very accomodating and professional

Elise is so accomdating , soft spoken and she very professional. I have wonderful time talking to her abd she is also very polite. Elise has an excellent work attributes being customer service personnel.
Chris
Chris

GREAT JOB

Elise was super helpful and very kind with a great phone voice. She even wished me a happy birthday. Quick and easy set up new account and closing old ones.
Charly
CharlySouth East Queensland, QLD

Account setup

Thanks to Elise, I had a easy account setup and a very enjoyable conversation !
I hope you'll have to chance to visit my country and see the beautiful horses competitions ! :D

DrAmy
DrAmy2 posts

The assistant Sasweeni is so sweet and kind!

We just move in the apartment today. And we have no electricity connection experience. So i called this company, the assistant Sasweeni is so kind and sweet. The experience is fantastic, we do not have to worry anything.
Strongly recommended!
Jiaming LIU
Jiaming LIUSydney, NSW

Convinience survices, good job guys

I forgot that. However the services were good enough for me to enjoy and customer service was convinient. I was happy about the time I lived in the apartment by choosing Winconnect as the support .
Bekka
BekkaQueensland

This was soo easy to set up a new account !! Thanks for your help xx

The whole experience of setting up a new account was super easy and am grateful for the patience of the customer service team !! Very appreciated thank you x x x
Mullaivendhan
Mullaivendhan

High Bill amount!! Looking for a negative Rating!!

Had been with AGL for 6 months in my past home, Now getting more than double the amount in Winconnect!! Worst part is cant change your provided due to monopoly!
Jose Carrillo
Jose CarrilloSouth East Queensland, QLD17 posts

Scam company, double fees

If you are about to rent an apartment in a building and Winconnect is involved, please RUN AWAY.
Otherwise, you will pay double for electricity and hot water. I paid an average of 150 AUD/month living only with my partner, no aircon, or anything.
This company charges you for Estimated consumption, therefore, no matter how much you try to save, they will charge as much as possible in order to make more profit and as there are no more providers you cannot do anything but pay.
This monopoly should be illegal.
Manoj
Manoj

Good communication & Customer service

This is the first time I called this company to open an electricity account with them and really appreciate Sasweeni for her excellent customer service and effective communication.
Hope the same in future.
Thanks.
Jay Ess
Jay EssGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

If your apartment uses WinConnect.... move

This company will licence energy usage for the building rather than the individual apartment allowing them to charge extortionate prices. It’s like being held hostage in your own home. $200+p/m
Rendo
RendoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC9 posts

Worst electricity retailer

Do anything you can to avoid ever connecting to winenergy or winconnect. They are extremely expensive, difficult to leave, and for the most part service crooked developers who lock in the tenants to embedded networks which are now becoming illegal because they prevent consumer choice. Our bodycorp spents $10K+ just trying to remove the gate meter so we could switch to more affordable and green power.
Jason
JasonSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Don't sign up if you don't need to

Just be wary of this company. Overcharging and locking in to unit block who don't have a choice unfortunately. If you do have an option then do your research and choose a different provider.
Sasha
Sasha3 posts

Just awful

Greedy company overcharging well above market rate just because they can. The tenants have no choice and are on the hook with this abusive bully of a company. Steer clear

Disappointed Consumer
Disappointed Consumer

A disgraceful energy provider

If there was a negative star rating WinConnect would be a deserving recipient. As an embedded network provided in a residential development the customer does not have choice of retail providers, therefore WinConnect can apply almost service fee and do so in spades. On your way out they hit you with a disconnection fee to send a staff member our to read your meter and disconnect the service. What are in 1970's... sending someone out to read a meter.

Their fee structure is one of the highest on the market and when I approached them for a discount, I got the niceties but no cigar!

If you can, steer well clear of WinConnect

Git P.
Git P.

Scammers and complete rip off

A complete ripoff. Pathetic customer service. Gets you locked into their own monopoly prices. Even though I had a lower price plan with AGL, I still could not use AGL in my new unit as these money minded greedy people have embedded network for the entire building. I had to stay in darkness for one and half days as you need to create an account with them and they need 24 hours notice before they can switch the power on. I could not work from home the next day and lost $800 because of that as I am a contract employee and get paid by the hour.
Nitin K.
Nitin K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Scammers

Company like this only exist because of Embedded Network and make tenants life miserable. Called on Wednesday to disconnect my connect on Friday. I was told by them that they need 3 days so their technician will be disconnected on Monday. I organised cleaning for Friday and at 11.30AM they cut the power. Charge me $264 to send someone for re-connection and another disconnection fee, instead of honoring their word.
Sandy L
Sandy LGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

A terribly bad company with a crappy and inconvenient system

I have moved out from my old residence for 8 months and I'm still receiving bills! Saw many people with the same problem, is this company going to leave this issue alone?
I tried to email them and tell them that I have already moved out, but their email is sent automatically and set as 'no-reply' so that all the reply you send to them could not be delivered, all you can do is go to their terribly crappy website and click 'move out'. However, it seems couldn't work for me as I'm still receiving bills now.
Didn't even want to give half of a star to this terrible company.
Michael L.
Michael L.Sydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Diabolically bad company to deal with

I'm forced to use WinConnect for power & gas due to my building being on their embedded network. They didn't bill me for the first 4 months despite me registering on their web site three times. I finally got it sorted out by direct email & got 5 month's bills in one hit.

Reading other reviews a lot of people have had web site issues too. Get your crappy website working properly WinConnect!

To be fair things have been okay since then, but I haven't had to deal with them. Comparing their charges on comparison sites they're pretty expensive. I'm not happy I can't choose a different provider.

Steer clear of them if you can.

Chutinat S.
Chutinat S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Anon
AnonAU7 posts

Stay very clear of this company

This company doesn't even deserve half a star, but it made me choose 1 star. I moved out in November 2019. Their website has a moving out section to fill in, well it doesn't work! So i emailed them and said I moved. It is now July 2020, and they are STILL emailing me bills. I've emailed them a good 20 times telling them I moved, and they keep saying "go to the moving out section on our website". It's now July, and that section of their website still doesn't work!!!
STAY VERY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY. DO NOT USE.
Michael
Michael2 posts

Are these guys ripping everyone off?

2 people in an apartment and they claim we use more than the average 5 people household. Who are watching this mob from a regulatory authority view? So many people can’t be wrong.
Joe S.
Joe S.

expensive. Locked-in by apartments. Avoid apartments with them if possible

Bills pan out very expensive so even a small apartment for one person without much running becomes $2.5k/year just on electricity.

Disconnected when i moved in too when their site wasn't working for me to even sign up.

BetaBlocker
BetaBlockerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts

Worse than 1 Star

Diabolically poor service. Rude customer service. Impossible to disconnect, keep billing. How are these shonky operators allowed to persist? If you're going to rent somewhere and you are forced to use this distributed network, don't rent it.

jose manuel m.
jose manuel m.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

wertyu
wertyu

This is the fking worst company ever

Extremely high price, I can't imagine that there are so much charges for the electricity and the gas. WORST EVER! Please please please, if u can, never choose this fking greedy company
Bowen W.
Bowen W.

Terrible company

They will rip you off when you want to end contract with them. Avoid this company! They charged me $200 for 3-day water usage. They explained they have been under charged me for three months. Ridiculous!
charli
charli

Dont sign up with Win Connect Terrible!!

Very slow customer services, dont get back to you on email you need to call and chase up - overcharged me its been a nightmare! Dont sign up with Win Connect

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now