Windsor Rapid

Windsor Rapid (page 2 of 2)

See the Best Caravans in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Good

My overall opinion is one of satisfaction. I have the van with one fold out bed and two bunk beds in the front which is great for the two grand kids. It tows extremely well behind an X-Trail (the ATM etc is why I bought it).We upgraded from a Jayco Hawk because of our age and the difficulties of setting it up. The Windsor has no problems in this regard but I am thinking of fitting air assist to the pop top for the wife.
Like the size, great for wife & I and 2 Grand kids.
Chassis paint job is abysmal. Cupbards are just at the right height to bash your noggin on.

Robyn
Robyn

What model windsor do you own. thinking of purchasing the Rapid 430- 2 bunk beds/lounge and one fold out bed. I own an X-trai. Van has ATM of 1500. Is this OK.

fantastic

Have just used our brand new windsor rapid 441 for the 1st time. Really easy to set up. Great to tow(no swaying)- dont need a big 4 wheel drive.
Well specd for the price and 2 double beds
Nothing yet

gazlyn
gazlyn

I agree 100% with Lachlan... Good luck with after sales and service if heaven forbid anything goes wrong even under warranty

mrsgj

mrsgjAU

A fantastic van perfect for a family of four

Frankenstone

FrankenstonePerth, WA

andreacalder

andreacalder

I love my rapid!! Our decor is gorgeous. The kids can snuggle in comfortably to watch a movie WITH friends and there is plenty of room for all. Just fold down the table and you have extra room for kids to sprawl. The awning is huge and gives us a brilliant outdoor room.
Travels beautifully on dual axle. We have 19 foot rapid that is about 26 or so with beds folded out. So much space! For a family of 5 we all fit so well. Beautifully made with quality products. Couldn't be happier. Sold our Jayco camper to buy one of these and the ease of packing up to go is fantastic. Shower works well - good pressure.
That I can't live in it all the time!

Roughasguts

Roughasguts

cooksid

cooksidQLD, 4352

Good

The quality of finish on the van is good, it is relatively light (Tare 1475 kg with Ball weight of 109 kg) for it's size (15'4" internal) and tows exceptionally well. Our Nissan X-Trail handles this van with ease.
Windsor Rapid RA501 with RV Upgrade (off road pack) is well built and well finished. The independent suspension and larger tyres of the RV pack makes this van a dream to tow. Since the beds fold out on each end there is loads of living space in the van.
For us, we do not like the fold out beds as you have to climb over one another if you get up during the night. Otherwise a great van.

christine e.

christine e.asked

How do you get the toilet working

BILL

what isnt working the pump or the leaver to open it.

Markasked

Hi there, have bought a 2006 Windsor Rapid14 foot. Do I need a hitch and sway bars. I have a 4 WD Pajero. Thanks

Maryella
Maryella

We had sway bars n a tow hitch.We had a 4x4 Ford Ranger.

BILL

HI MARK its a matter of safety for me,. You will find the van will be more stable & predictable . The hitch is an option as well. For a 14 ft van I would just stick with a tow ball set up unless your doing a lot of off road, then a better hitch is a good way to go. , but I do recommend sway bars but thats me Hope this helps you.

Thanks Bill, I will follow your advice, cheers Mark

David

Davidasked

Where can I get a weatherproof cover for the fold out bed on my Windsor 452 off road caravan,as there is a gap both sides when the lid of the bed is in the up position?
David Hogg.(mobile #0407876905).If you can help.

Hi DAVID
I got a length of sail track , [I used the double sided type to get a stronger hold & seal]. I salastic & screwed it down as high as I could on the front of the van. I then bought a grey tarp , [ not sure of size but about 3mtrs x 4 mtrs] . Then got a length of sail track rope sewn into the middle of both ends the width of the van . If you then slide it into the sail track you will have about half a mtr on either side & about 1 mtr out the front. This allows me to either leave it hang down or pole it out for more air flow. I then put a screw in both ends of the sail track to stop the tarp from moving. Then had eyes put in the corners to pole it out. I got another tent pole the width of the van & screwed another sail track on it & fed the tarp into it. What you are left with is sail track on van & pole & track on the bottom with an over lap on the sides. You dont have to go this far but I did, I put 3 of those knobs on the side of a ute to hold the tarp down & put them on both sides of the van, Now what this allows me to do.
I get shack cord & pull the outer edges together under the tarp making it the width of the van, I then role the tarp up on the tent pole till it is just over the handles on the bed door. this keeps the van clean in travel as well as weather proof. I then het shock cord from the knobs on the side to the handles etc to hold the tarp still during travel. you can also use the handle on the front to connect shock cord to. If you don;t want to do this you can roll it up completely & tie it down but you would have to put tie down points on the sail track when you put it on. Mine is a full van but if yours is a pop top you will have a lower roof. To over come the fall you want in the rain I slide an up turned bucket in on top of the door to give me enough fall for rain. Hope this makes seens & helps you BILL

Get an answer from our members and Windsor Caravans representatives