Wine Growers

Wine Growers (page 3 of 4)

1.4

gdc

gdcAU

Winegrowers direct scam

Winegrowers direct buys cheap cleanskin wines labels them then quotes unrealistic prices to discount them. Look for the wines,ook for the wineries, they don't exist. They prey on people primarily through secondary sites like livingsocial etc to give the impression of value. Stay away!

Customer servicenon existant. Hour long waits on the phone to be greated by rude and offensive staff

Jacquie_McGann

Jacquie_McGannAU

Very happy with Winegrowers Direct this time around!

decolo

decoloTasmania

Rubbish wine from Wine Growers Direct via Living Social deal

Order inc 12 bottles Dyed in the Wool Margaret River Semillon Sauvignon Blanc and 24 small bottles Jacobs Creek Semillon Sauvignon Blanc. The Margaret River wine was good, but the Jacobs Creek varied in colour, taste and smell from bottle to bottle. Approx 8-10 bottles tending towards a dark urine colour were undrinkable with a raisiny smell and bitter taste. I gained the impression that Wine Growers Direct use Living Social deals to dump their rubbish wines.
    Margaret River Wine was good.
    Several of the bottles of Jacobs Creek wine tasted off.

Sharyn34

Sharyn34Sydney

Have waited 3 weeks and received the wrong wine

Never again will I order wine from this hopeless wine company they are hopeless.And other than an apology as apparently there was a lot of orders stuffed up I now have to wait another month to get the wine I paid for 3 weeks ago .
    With all the competion out there you would think they could at least deliver the right wine

Bronwyn

BronwynSYDNEY

Unpredictable

I have placed a few orders with Wine Growers Direct and don't intend to again in future. The first order took 6 weeks to arrive, the last one I had was delivered to the wrong house. Luckily I have an honest neighbour. The current order I placed two weeks ago after being approached directly by Wind Growers Direct still hasn't been received. I phoned today to find out where it was in case it was delivered to the wrong address again and was told that it had only been processed today and I should receive it next week. I can't help but think that the order hasn't been processed at all and have no idea when I will receive it.

joanne.bekkers

joanne.bekkersGOLD COAST

Very Disappointed

We ordered a dozen bottles of wine (with a bonus bottle of Moet) from this company after a number of successful transactions. We received only half our order and upon contacting the company they refused to replace the missing items. We sent off evidence to back our claim and waited for 3 weeks for a reply, but none was forthcoming. In the end we rang the company again and were told that they would not be replacing the wine as "it could have been taken". This is despite having a dog and six foot high fence. You'd think that they would like to keep customers, but they have certainly lost our business.

Poor customer service and very poor communication.

Nice wine when you get it.

i ordered mama mia pasta and wine pack on 6th march 2012.
    the first box of pasta and pasta and prosecco wine arrived 2 weeks later.

it is now eleven weeks later and after, at least 10 phone calls which we documented. there is always an excuse (e.g. floods, carrier warehouse and australia post) and the box is always arriving next week!

one of the staff agreed that the system was a shamozle

Zoey H

Zoey HBrisbane

Snail speed delivery & lack of service.

Winegrowers offer great wines at really cheap prices ! Even Dan Murphy's can't beat them !

wine-lover-b
    wine-lover-b

Susanne-evp

Susanne-evpAU

Wouldn't know because I can't get through to redeem my voucher

I have been unable to contact them for 6 weeks now. The voucher I bought has now expired and the cost of trying to get through on the phone has escalated to about $30.00. This doesn't make it a cheap wine offer at all. The only way to redeem the voucher is to call. They have my money.

Try ringing Living Social the 'be quick or else you'll miss out' daily offers and can't get through either.
    Not working out for me
    Inability to handle voucher redemption

Ok Customer Service - Poor Product

JimboBills
    JimboBills

Stay clear of Wine growers direct!!

This is a good example of how NOT to run an internet business. Very unresponsive, no feedback, no delivery, uncontactable, and frustrating to deal with.

I am still waiting for my August order. They are not contactable by telephone, and they do not reply to internet query. I have made a total of 10 phone calls and sent over 6 e-mails but am yet to hear from them. The one time that I did get through (after holding for 45 minutes), the rep told me the order was dispatched last week, a month later I am still waiting for it. Stay clear of this business. And they expect us to support local farmers!!

No order, no reply.

Can't even place an order!!!!!

Have tried on numerous occasions to contact via telephone - no success!. Tried contacting via the internet no success! Voucher due to run out and can't even place an order. What a rip off????

Expecting to eventually get through maybe next month only to be told.....guess what your voucher has run out!!!!!

Paid a discount voucher for nothing!!!! No answer! No service! No wine!
    Cheers winegrowers direct nothing.

Can't even place an order!!!!

wahine

Finally mananged to get through on the telephone today to place my order. The gentleman on the telephone was very pleasant and said I could still redeem my voucher. So lets see when it gets delivered and what gets delivered......Stay tuned!!!!

Unresponsive and difficult to deal with

I am happy to deal with minor inconveniences when it comes to a bargain, however Wine Growers Direct borders on the obscene. I placed an order in June and it is now mid-October. Still no wine.
    The order that I originally had to be changed because they ran out. I made 10 phone calls and over 6 emails. Never received a response. I finally waited on hold on the phone for over an hour just to sort out the mess.
    Absolutely not worth the money, the hassle or the time! I will never order from Wine Growers Direct again. This is not a bargain, it is a waste of your time and energy for wine that you will probably never receive.

non-existent service, takes forever, not worth the effort

Wheelie

WheelieGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Incredibly poor service

After a frustrating time trying and failing to redeem my voucher. I finally got through and my wine arrived today. Whoever wrote that glowing review got a very different box from me!

--Where can you get a 12 pack of Margaret River, or New Zealand wines PLUS a bottle of $80+ champagne for only $99 delivered?!

Not from Wine Growers Direct that's for sure. I have one bottle of H.Blin &Co champagne which retails at $29.99. Three bottles of terrel estate pinot grigio ($45 for 12 bottles on Deals Direct), and nine bottle of red wine - redroo estate and 2Fat Farmers - never heard of them? Nope neither has google.

As an exercise in marketing this is a shocker. I'm put off dealing with this company for life!

Terrible service, poor product

NellieHobley

NellieHobleyAU

Dreadful service and a scam

This company is almost impossible to contact. They take ages to respond to emails. In addition, they sent me the wrong wine (bubbly instead of champagne). When I complained Is offered one bottle of real champagne instead of the 6 I had believed to be purchasing. It's a scam! Don't use them.

all round awful

zoedee

zoedeeAU

Will never use them again

megan_melbourneAU

Untrustworthy and pulled out of voucher deal after 5 weeks

megan_melbourne

I mean product review, not truelocal but I will write on there as well. ha

Barbaraaa

BarbaraaaAU

Ripped off!

They are dodgy, I'm still waiting for my wine order from Groupon! I'm never using them again. You try ringing Winegrowers Direct and you never get through, they are crooks.
    Barbara
    Nothing at all, no service at all
    Never delivered my order, didn't answer their phones when I tried ti ring them.

No wine and money gone!

I purchased 12 bottles of wine (plus 3 champagnes) through Living Social deals in the beginning of September 2011. When I tried to redeem my voucher nobody answered the phone. Nobody returned my message. Nobody responded to my emails. No respond from Living Social deals either. I will not buy anything anymore through Living Social not to mention Wine Growers Direct... so disappointed and upset. Now the voucher has expired.

took my money but did not deliver

Arnel Landicho

Arnel Landichoasked

Having gone through a traumatic experience of having to chase up an undelivered order with WGD, it is sad to say that I am experiencing the very same thing again. I placed an order for 3 dozen wines and only one got delivered. Now I am counting weeks again and still no delivery. I have made 2 follow ups so far, but to date have not had any success.
    I only received delivery of my order following intervention by David. So David, here we go again with the same frustrating experience repeating itself.
    And it would be appreciated if staff will return calls when they promise to do so.

Bartyboy5821
    Bartyboy5821

Hi Arnel, it's David here. I left this pathetic and useless company in July last year. They are appalling to deal with and work with. More people like you need to keep the complaints going to the ACCC - the more complaints, the more likely of further investigation. There's plenty they will find.

Mila12

Mila12asked

I am so shocked at the australian consumer and their behaviours. Jumping on line and rubbishing companies who are giving it ago rather than spending their energies trying to get an issue solved. Why rubbish and boycott an established Australian business who are giving it ago. All complaints are about those bloody discount purchases where people want things for nothing. Seriously, how about supporting these guys and giving them a fair go.

lessthanwho
    lessthanwho

Get off your high horse Mila. You are obviously involved with the company somehow. Why would the company offer "those bloody discount purchases" if they can't fulfill the order? It looks like a lot of people have given them a 'fair go" and they have been burnt because of it. You are pretty much the only person that gives good feedback to the company. Get over yourself. I ordered wine from Dan Murphys and had it 2 days later and I am classed as regional Australia. I know who is going to get my business

Gold Coast Chris
    Gold Coast Chris

Thank you Mila. You have convinced me to record a formal complaint and do what I can to prevent anyone else from being conned by this bunch. I shall refer this 'endorsement' to the ACCC so they can investigate whether it is genuine.

valbletch
    valbletch

Wow, are we not allowed to complain? All people are asking for is good old fashioned service. I have tried many times to get an apology for delayed delivery etc. No chance!

DaddyCool

DaddyCoolasked

Is Winegrowers direct a genuine company?

wahine

Who knows???? I have yet to get any sort of reply from them.

Hi there,

Winegrowersdirect offices and distribution warehaouse are located in Tullamarine, Victoria. We currently employ 40 staff full time and sell and distribute wine sourced for our Australian farmers, along with some imported product. Our focus is on providing sales avenues for Autralian Farmers directly to the Australian wine consumer, at a fair price for all. Sometimes, as in many businesses, we get it wrong, and it is only through our customers and forums such as this that we can find out what went wrong and are then able to implement processes and procedures to attemp to eliminate the issues. We do apologise if things go wrong and attempt to remedy the issue as soon as we are notified of it. Our main business activities occur through our website and our sales and customer service team here in Tullamarine. Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like any assistance or would like to discuss this or any other issues. Thank you, David Penny, Customer Experience Manager, Winegrowers Direct.

Rhonda99
    Rhonda99

I too are the recipient of non delivered wine. Ordered & paid for on the 13th of December & adamantly promised it for Christmas!!! . Still no wine . Well no more orders & I want my money back! Pronto! Or I too will be contacting the ACCC.

Get an answer from our members and Wine Growers Direct representatives