Annette

Annette Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Did someone say... fantastic Australian wine????

Not one to lock myself into a regular subscription for anything but a magazine, I thought I'd give this a try and then cancel after the first or second delivery. I mean how good was this going to be when I don't get to pick and choose the wine? After nearly 12 months of being a subscriber, I am thoroughly enjoying my wine tour around Australia and tasting wine that I'd never ordinarily get to. Who knew that my favourite red is now a Durif??? I also love the fact that I'm supporting the smaller boutique family owned wineries. The selection panel of Wine Selectors have done an outstanding job ensuring that nothing but quality wine comes my way. I have not had a bad one yet. You will not be disappointed!

Lisa Strong

Lisa StrongSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible customer service

Wine is fine and some bottle lovely.
Some bottles however definitely average and it's not as good a value as they claim if you have previously been looking at the member specials from other places. Im so tired of having to defend and explain in detail why I don't want a service or product anymore which makes it not worth the hassle. You camt cancel online. Emails go unanswered then deny every receiving like I had made up that I had sent which seems ridiculous.

Vic Cecchin

Vic CecchinSydney Surrounds, NSW

A bit disappointed with your warehouse, delivery company and phone contact system.

We ordered two dozen bottles of Shiraz and three bottles of Liqueur, two bottles of liqueur were missing. We discovered this after the courier had departed. I contacted the courier company and the girl expected me to open all the boxes before I signed for them. I've never had to do it before and I'm not going to start now. After waiting on hold for twenty six minutes, I reached Calem of your customer service who assured me the missing bottles would be sent. He was very helpful.

Store Locationonline

Review collected in partnership with Wine Selectors

Jade JSydney, NSW

They don’t tell you it’s a subscription

I came across Wine Selectors at the Sydney Royal Easter Show. It started out great and did some wine tastings, liked the wines we tried so ordered a box, conveniently straight to our door.
Then a month later, another box came, then was charged, every month. After calling Wine Selectors to question why we’ve been charged again, to then find out it’s a subscription. In theory, it’s a great concept. But to not tell people when they make a purchase that it’s actually a subscription is quite ridiculous.
Beware when ordering a box, that you’re actually buying a yearly subscription...

Wine & Liquor Shops

Find out how Wine Selectors compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

Unreliable standards

I was with them for a few years but left for good. They had some good wines but there were too many mediocre products, typically over-praised and over-priced. Typical was a mixed pack of Italian varietals. Very ordinary! They are also not competitive in pricing. If you have a limited budget then join Kim Brebach's "Best Wines Under $20." His reviews are straightforward and always focus on value for money.

Some of the reviews here are harsh. I didn't find Wine Selectors dishonest. Just slack in judgment.

Joblake

Once in you have trouble getting out.

As with the previous reviewer I found most of the wine to be very ordinary, and worth well under what they listed as the normal buy price. They seem to inflate the alleged buy price and then give you a price that makes it seem like a bargain buying in bulk. Biggest problem is that if you decide to end your subscription they ignore you and keep sending wine. I am in the process of trying to sort it out at present.

Joblake

I now should update my review. Following on from the last post Wine Selectors have dropped me off their list after I talked to someone on staff who did what they said they would do, so now all good.