Listing monitored by Wine Selectors

Sacha T.
Sacha T.Sydney, NSW

Unethical marketing practices

I had been a member of Wine Selectors for many many years. Their wine is fantastic, although weighted a little heavily towards the Hunter region despite calling themselves independent.

Just last month, for the first time ever, they had begun invoicing me for a "membership fee". Although I had never ordered this item or agreed to the charge in any way, they just went ahead and started billing me. When I followed up with a complaint, they gave me their marketing spiel about what I get for that fee. There was no opt-out. Instead of apologising for trying to rip me off, they offered to waive the fee for 12 months.

Jarrod
JarrodSydney, NSW

A bit of a rip off

Firstly I’ll say I like wine selectors and the majority of wine I have received so far has been fairly good, but
to be honest Dan Murphy’s is normally 20-30% cheaper!

Unfortunately when calling them on a few occasions I’ve found their staff really rude and unhelpful.
Also just discovered on my Visa card a $22 annual membership fee which I wasn’t told about when joining up.. I rang to enquire and was told its to help pay for the discounted shipping and for the actual wine selectors???
Seems a bit cheeky as we are already paying a premium price for cheap bottles of wine.

Unsure if I will continue my membership.

jayne
jayneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

We requested our wine to be stopped until further notice from us the customer. We then get a case delivered without our authority. Due to financial difficulties we have had to pay the case off. An arrangement was made with wine selectors for this to occur, then we get a collections notice. Very upset about this

• Incentivised Review No
Taylah C.Wine SelectorsSend a private message

Hi Jayne, sorry to hear about this miscommunication with our brand. If you would like to discuss further, please send through a private message with your member details. Sincerely, Isabella from Wine Selectors

Overpriced

The wines were initially promoted to us as being the quality of $35 + wines. We rated most of them as similar to $14 wines, a couple were better quality, but not $35 value. This made the selection overpriced in our view. Nice selection from unknown wineries and excellent service.

Wine & Liquor Shops

Find out how Wine Selectors compares to other Wine & Liquor Shops

James matthews
James matthewsWimmera, VIC

Wine survey

I have found your wine club on the whole very good. One of the things I find very annoying is the absolute bombardment of emails. I have got to the stage where I am thinking of stopping your emails. However I have no problem of your wine .

Great Service

Wine Selectors service is excellent.
But, I am usually not 100% happy with their choices. Usually there is one or two wines in each box that I don't particularly like, and usually one or two that I love. I then order the ones I like again, and when they are at special priced.

Taylah C.Wine SelectorsSend a private message

It’s great I can tell them what I am looking for and they recommend what I should get

Very knowledge and friendly staff. I have never had a case of wine I didn’t like. Like that they take the time to tell me what they have. They try to match my tastes with the recommendations of what to buy

Taylah C.Wine SelectorsSend a private message

Hi there Nic, we are so happy to hear you enjoy our carefully selected range of wines! Thanks for taking the time to leave such nice feedback, it is very much appreciated. Have a great week! Cheers, Isabella from Wine Selectors

graeme.dyall.1
graeme.dyall.1Bittern, Victoria

They do have some good wines but!!!!!!!!!!

Got tied up with Wine selectors at Melbourne Airport. On my 3rd delivery now of the varietal shiraz and some of the wine has been excellent with a few that have left a bit to be desired. Just received my delivery last Wednesday and noticed the price has gone up to $203 from $196 no big deal but would like to have been told. I have got just as good wine from Wine Market for around the $130 mark but of one label. The variety makes it good but is it worth the extra $60.00 to $70.00? They also send good a good magazine and some nice food recipes. I think its ok value!!!

A mixture......

Unless your ordering something from them specifically you get their made up and very thoroughly documented mixtures which are a mixture of good and average, as some others have stated the odd stinker (i've had worse from some others) has slipped through. I did ring to cancel the deal, but got talked into a more premium mix with little confidence but it turned out to be where the value and quality actually lies with them. Their customer service has been fine and has given the impression that getting out would be no problem (remains to be seen).

Wine & Liquor Shops